Need help on graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
Please anybody can donate me their old graphics card that is useless to them .
Pci graphics card only as i dont have any agp slot
please

Sourabh

Laptoping
donate??? huh man

well no one wod like to part with the hardware they have brot after takin so much pains

n especially when it comes to a gfx card certainly not

man pci graphic card r frankly waste of money

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:roll: ...hey saurabh!

PCI-EX graphics card a waste of money???
how come man???

i recently purchased geforce 6600,256MB....is not worthy ??? :(

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
grinning_devil said:
:roll: ...hey saurabh!

PCI-EX graphics card a waste of money???
how come man???

i recently purchased geforce 6600,256MB....is not worthy ??? :(

LOL he is talking abt pci cards not pci- express cards. I hope this clears things up ! :wink:

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops:
oooooooops!!!!!!!
nyway pci sure is waste of money
vaise i dont think u'll be able to find a new PCI card nymore???
or is it still available....??

8) the same situation happened to me around 2 years ago..
where i had to choose between measly 8MB of PCI card or upgrading the whole PC....

:wink: which i did....!!!

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
i dont think u'll be able to find a new PCI card nymore???
or is it still available

so if anybody have old pci card sent me i will never forget this help
i need to play nfs underground at low settings.
I also dont have agp slot.
And the person donating me old pci card should also help me in installing the card and installing the software.

Thanks all

siddharthgarg

Right off the assembly line
Get a credible PC

Well, if ya can't get a PC upgrade, I suppose you can have a fair performance boost with ATI Radeon 9600SE 128 MB VRAM, available for Rs 5000.
Another option would be GeForceFX5700, for Rs.5500 for 128MB VRAM and Rs.6750 for 256 MB VRAM.
These are the best value options you can get, provided you have an AGP slot. I am guessing you have a 4X AGP slot. So get a 4X version of the card. They're cheaper.

siddharthgarg

HELLO!!! What am I hearing dude!!! GeForce 5950 (ASUS) is available for 15k, NOT 5k. And GeForce 6XXX is gonna be released for more than 20k starting!!! Not 8k. And if that's not write, jes' tell me where on earth you get ur hardware from man!!! The Silicon Valley???

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
siddharthgarg said:
HELLO!!! What am I hearing dude!!! GeForce 5950 (ASUS) is available for 15k, NOT 5k. And GeForce 6XXX is gonna be released for more than 20k starting!!! Not 8k. And if that's not write, jes' tell me where on earth you get ur hardware from man!!! The Silicon Valley???

6600 is for 9000....256MB
6800 ultra for 22000....128MB
6800 GT for 25000...256 MB
all the above r PCI-EX....
nd ya our silicon valley is "nehru place...delhi"....!!! :wink: :wink:

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
Re: Get a credible PC

siddharthgarg said:
Well, if ya can't get a PC upgrade, I suppose you can have a fair performance boost with ATI Radeon 9600SE 128 MB VRAM, available for Rs 5000.
Another option would be GeForceFX5700, for Rs.5500 for 128MB VRAM and Rs.6750 for 256 MB VRAM.
These are the best value options you can get, provided you have an AGP slot. I am guessing you have a 4X AGP slot. So get a 4X version of the card. They're cheaper.

suggesting him 9600se??????
buddy read carefully....he DONT have AGP slot... :twisted: !!

siddharthgarg

Okay, so i got da 6600 price wrong. :roll: But I was right about the 6800's n all going above 20k. And yeah, PCI express is not the same as PCI, Grinning Devil. Its da newest thing in da block. And only the new Intel series has them (was it 915 or somethin'?) Capable of running at 16X, it has only a handful of cards made for it right now. And the performance is same for AGP 8X. So i guess everyone should wait a while before investing in the future so early.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
siddharthgarg said:
And yeah, PCI express is not the same as PCI, Grinning Devil. Its da newest thing in da block. And only the new Intel series has them (was it 915 or somethin'?) Capable of running at 16X, it has only a handful of cards made for it right now.

And the performance is same for AGP 8X. So i guess everyone should wait a while before investing in the future so early.

:shock: :shock: heeeeeey i sure know the diff between pci nd pci-ex man!!nd as far as "handful" of cards r concerned...its not handful...quite a no. of cards r there in the market...nd its increasing...as PCI-E will eventually replace the PCI bus architecture sooner or later.

:x and u think the performance of AGP nd PCI-E slot is same???????
NOT AT ALL!!!! i think ur comapring the cards installed on these slots....compare the bus architecture....not the gfx cards!!
the 16x interface of PCI-E gives 8GB/s graphic data throughput in comparison to AGP's 2.1GB/s...nd u think they r same in performance???

have a luk here
*www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1087

try out google....write down pci-ex....go thru the articles...EACH article will rate it more than AGP....nd within months u'll see AGP's decline! :wink:

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
siddharthgarg wrote:
So i guess everyone should wait a while before investing in the future so early.
here i totally agree with u....but not because of the reasons u mentioned...but because of these:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10901
come on yaar,do a bit of searching in this forum before u post something.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:twisted: :twisted: who will donate a grafix card????
for gamers gfx card is a prized possesion.....whether its age old crippling 64MB or latest one.....WE LOVE OUR CARDS!!!!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom