Need help on graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
i want to but graphics card for my pentium 600 to play all latest games like need for speed underground 2 and all racing games.

But i dont want to play quake, all the stuff like quake
maybe at half the fps/or with medium settings

what the minimum card i should go for.
i dont have much money so tell me the card i need plus its price

please

ice

In the zone
Amit, im presuming you have a pentium 3 , 600mhz proccessor. Which means you will have SD ram, guessing 128 or 256. Now you could probably play NFS U on a GF 4 MX440 one medium/low settings[PCI Version ofcourse] I doubt ur mobo has an AGP slot.

The min requirements for NFS U 2 will anyways be way higher than NFSU so cant really talk about that.

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
Thanks for the reply
yes i have pentium 600 with 256 MB Sd ram.

What is pci version and also tell the estimate price of the above cards u mention please tell .
----------------------------------------------
I can run need for speed 2 and
need for speed high stakes
but cant run need for speed porche

on pentium 600(win 98) 256 mb ram and presario 700 laptop 112 mb ram(Win xp) without graphics card
why any one knows the answer
why cant i run need for speed porche

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
hi amit
agp slot looks something like this
*www.videocardupgrade.com/agp_slot_sm.jpg
the brown slot is called as the agp slot and the white one's are the PCI slot's. Does your mobo has an agp slot???
you have put the lan card in your pci slot. AGP slot is unique and is meant for AGP card only.

BTW this link will be helpful for u ;)
*www.videocardupgrade.com/find_video_card.shtml

..:: Peace ::..
Jeba

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
AMITAGARWAL02 said:
i dont have agp slot
i looked at the motherboard so whats now
can i play latest games
You need to search the market for a pci slot based graphics card. and do consider increasing your RAM as that does wonder. You can play the games but u need to comprise the quality of the game :(.
AMITAGARWAL02 said:
thanks cooljeba

anytime ;)

..:: Peace ::..
Jeba

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Please please dont waste time and money on Pci graphic cards..as a general rule pci graphic cards are 2 to 3 times more expensive than their equivalent Agp cards..
Agp Geforce 4 Mx = Rs 2800 ( or around depanding on company )
Pci Geforce 4 Mx = Rs 4500 ( or around )
Not to forget the performance they lack due to sheer narrow bandwidth...and Yes :twisted: PCI EXPRESS is altogether different so dont confuse and u can;t make simply pci ..a Pci express by any software ... :twisted:

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Hi AMITAGARWAL02,
You are right :p Pci Express is way too good ....Still it requires a mobo upgrade and with it Processor not to mention the Ram ..And then possibly Cainet ... To get PCI express you will need to upgrade a way lot.
Still tell us what have you done so far with your problem...

haX0r

Right off the assembly line
Wow dude time to upgrade whole computer, get your self a moderate computer at about 20K and go for a Radeon 9600XT or 9800 pro which will cost you about 14k.

haX0r

Hey me2 needs help in deciding a gfx card.

I have 2 system at home one has a 9500 ati in it.The other is the one i need help with itz a p4 2 ghz with 845 mobo.I wanna put a good card tat will help my bro to play games on it for the next year too.He's a war gamer and an Medal of honor fan which dosent work on the ati 7500 which the system has in it right now.

I guess a Nv 5950 is good enough but tell me abt the various 5950 cards(i mean mfg's) with their prices in mumbai.My budget is around 5-6k.

TheGuru

Broken In
GeForce 5XXX series cards are a huge let-down. Don't purchase those. I would recommend atleast a GeForce 6200 card. You should get one of these for less than 5K though I am not sure of their availability rightaway. You may have to wait for a month or so before you can get them here.

5600 for less than 5k??????? hmmmmm dinn kno tat,are u sure?

Anyways i locked upon powercolor 9600 se 128mb which was for 5k.
Its 64bit which was the only let down.but dont kno how much difference a 128bit one wud have made on my 845 mobo .
I tried hard for the powercolor 9600(non pro non se) in the whole of lammi but all in vain.

TheGuru

Broken In
I said 6200. This is the new mainstream card from nvidia. It definetely has to be around 5K-8K at the max here in India. I don't think it is as yet available here.
And yes, 128-bit memory interface makes a huge difference. 6800 seriesd has a 256-bit interface!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom