Need help in upgrading my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidwabbit

Right off the assembly line
I got the splinter cell games and realised i needed to upgrade my PC ( dont even have a graphics card ;-) ) to a point where i can play MGS4 and even Crysis, Assassin' Creed atleast on medium settings.
I'm not looking at anything high end but something budgeted
My current config
LG 15" monitor
Mercury PI865D7 MoBo
Intel Pentium D 2.66GHz CPU
512 MB RAM ( Yeah i need alot more :smile: )
Samsung 160GB SATA HD
Sony DVD-RW
and yeah i have a zebronics case, not sure about the power supply and Creative 2.1

I dont want to upgrade the CPU, the monitor, speakers and the DVD drive. I think i want to buy more HD (I'm already running 2 HD's this 160GB and another 4oGB in Master-slave)

Please suggest what i may need say in a budget of around 10000 (excluding HD) starting with the MoBo i guess.

A couple more questions:
1. On changing motherboards for the CPU, do i need to load the OS on my HD again?
2. What game controllers are good (i'm used to playing on consoles as i mentioned earlier ) and are they compatible with most of the current games
Thanks for your time
-The Wabbit

Last edited:

piyush2202

The Tech Enthusiast
Asus P5N-MX - 3.3k
Intel Dual Core E2180 2.0ghz - 3.3k
Kingston 1gb 667mhz x2 - 2k
Palit 8400GS 512mb - 2.5k

Total - 11k

That is the cheapest stuff you can get. Anything cheaper won't be able to even run these games. This config will be able to play Crysis on the lowest settings. I don't know too much about the rest of the games. If you want something better then you need a budget of atleast 15-20k

OP
A

acidwabbit

Thanks Piyush .. i already have a Pentium D 2.66 GHZ (Dual Core
) .. is that not gonna help ?
Also are game controllers compatible with games such as Crysis and can you recommend any good ones ?

Kush6

Broken In
Get 2 GB RAM, chuck the old ones - should be 2K
Get a 320GB HD - just 3K.
And a 8600GT - no XFX here please.

OP
A

acidwabbit

Guys is speed of my Pentium D fine for all my needs ? and is it better to have two 1GB RAM's or a single 2GB RAM
I checked out this MoBo PNMCP37V from mercury. It has a GEForce 7050 chipset from Nvidia inbuilt . Is it any good?
Thanks once again for your replies

johnjjx

Ambassador of Buzz
Get dis
Biostar 7050m7 2.3k
E2160 2.6k
2gb ram 1.8k
Mercury 86gt 3k
N get a decent smps powersafe 400w gold 1.5k.
Ur procy isnt worth.:)
Even with dis cnfig dun expect to play al games at high setings:)

OP
A

acidwabbit

Thnx guys for your replies .. can anyone tell me which is a good video game controller to buy .. one which would support most games?

piyush2202

The Tech Enthusiast
Thnx guys for your replies .. can anyone tell me which is a good video game controller to buy .. one which would support most games?

Go for Zebronics controllers. They come for about Rs.450. They are compatible with all games (provided the games support gamepads). If you want something better then you can go for the Logitech Rumblepad 2 which would cost you alot more (Rs.1200 or so).

I myself have got a chinese make which should come for less than Rs.400. Be carefull though. The warranty is over the moment you step out of the shop!!!

Don't bother to play FPS games with a controller. They are just not made for it. You won't get the precision you get with a mouse and a keyboard. Gamepads are recommended for Third-person (POP, Matrix:pON, etc.), Racing (NFS, etc.), Sports (FIFA, NHL, NBA, etc.), Simulation (Flight, Driving, etc.). You won't be able to play RTS and FPS games with it (even if you can, don't bother).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom