Need Help in starting my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Ventura

Broken In
hi,

i have a serious problem.When I hit the power button on my Tower,it starts my DVD ROM,CD Writer and HDD without any problem

I do not receive any beep when starting neither do i get any display on my monitor

I dont see my vendor's logo which used to show up while starting my comp earlier or i can reach my bios settings.

This happened after enabling certain AGP settings which were disabled on my bios window

I am using a MSI K8MV800 mb with onboard graphics

checked with SMPS and fans and other cables nothing wrong

unplugged the monitor plug from the tower and restarted as well

There is no message that indicated that there is no display found

Thats weird
Any suggestions!!!

Thanks

Please help
Ace Ventura

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Remove your cmos battery and keep it out for about 20 to 25 seconds. then put it again and then restart your pc. see if it solves your problem or not

OP
A

Ace Ventura

Broken In
Hi codename_romeo ,

Thanks for the resolution.

Though I thought about removing the CMOS battery and putting it back i was not sure about doing it will resolved the issue

But after ur suggestion i removed the battery and also swapped the CMOS jumper and restarted the computer

It worked absolutely fine

Thanks a lot
Appreciate it

Cheers
Ace Ventura

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Ace Ventura said:
Hi codename_romeo ,

Thanks for the resolution.

Though I thought about removing the CMOS battery and putting it back i was not sure about doing it will resolved the issue

But after ur suggestion i removed the battery and also swapped the CMOS jumper and restarted the computer

It worked absolutely fine

Thanks a lot
Appreciate it

Cheers
Ace Ventura

I appreciate that u took time to post back a reply.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom