Need Help in configuring workstations

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
HX650 then? (availability will be an issue)
or order HX750s via MD. (present they don't have any in their stock)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
If you read more about how clouds are made you'll get your answer...

It would be great if you share some of your knowledge on cloud computing with us. Will not only save time but good for this forum as well.

I really want some answers to that above scenario i gave. Would you please care to answer?

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
^^ Ok, Im not gng to write a long answer to that coz it will not be helping sumon and this thread wud turn into an ego war sort of thing..... :p

Consider this - Your perception of cloud is not correct, from what you write I can understand that you're thinking that a server will appoint some work to the clients, like in folding@home.

In cloud computing the basic functioning is like X11.. except that its not a single time shared workstation... its a cloud of computing resource (RAM, Cores, Storage etc.. however you configure the cloud..)... the abundance of computing resource in the cloud leads to sharing of resources..(VMs using this resource spawn individual OS's) and not the same resource is time shared... rest all is same. ;)

@Sumon - Private clouds run offline!!! Although Cloud computing is ruled out at this point I believe... :p

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Ok, Im not gng to write a long answer to that coz it will not be helping sumon and this thread wud turn into an ego war sort of thing..... :p

Consider this - Your perception of cloud is not correct, from what you write I can understand that you're thinking that a server will appoint some work to the clients, like in folding@home.

In cloud computing the basic functioning is like X11.. except that its not a single time shared workstation... its a cloud of computing resource (RAM, Cores, Storage etc.. however you configure the cloud..)... the abundance of computing resource in the cloud leads to sharing of resources..(VMs using this resource spawn individual OS's) and not the same resource is time shared... rest all is same. ;)

@Sumon - Private clouds run offline!!! Although Cloud computing is ruled out at this point I believe... :p

Believe me it wouldn't have turned into any sort of ego war but many people would have gained knowledge. Anyways it seems i indeed have little idea on cloud computing. Will look into it in details and try to answer my own questions myself.

Seems interesting and definitely worth digging. :)

Top Bottom