Need help in configuration of new PC

Imvikky18

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Movies HD 3d Content on my existing LG D2342P Monitor, Some amount of Photoshop, occasional video editing on Sony Vegas 11, Learning Oracle with installation of Oracle 11 and J2EE Development on Eclipse platform... Not serious gamer but wouldn't mind playing a couple of hours since I have spent so much on 3D monitor recently

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:35 K (Spent 15K on Monitor already)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Have No Idea about it...

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 32 or 64 bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: internal 2 TB preferred... may install a 64 GB SSD on first upgrade for OS

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: LG D2342P-PN Passive 3D Monitor... 23 "... 1920x1080...

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Noting much.. all previous machines were laptops...

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: First week October

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: First time... I would do it myself...

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: New Delhi... Either Nehru Place or Flipkart... Nehru Place is just 1 hour away... but I am looking for genuine stuff and most of the shopkeepers there try to sell what they have and not what you want....by giving duff gen

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I would like to buy another TV tuner alongwith the PC which can be connected to monitor via the D/SUB port(Suggestions for that are welcome as well... (Frontech FT External LCD TV Box JIL 0617 with FM TV Tuner Card) checked this one out from flipkart for 1305 doesn't require PC to be switched on for TV viewing and on D/SUB port it would be independent of PC Operation... I don't want PIP...

Initially checked this configuration

WD Caviar Green 2 TB HDD Internal Hard Drive (WD20EARX) 6703
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9) 1738
Intel 3.3 GHz FCLGA1155 Core i3 2120 Processor 7383
Intel DH67CL Motherboard 5607
FRONTECH JIL-1670 Wireless Keyboard 1084
Cooler Master Elite 310 Cabinet (Red) 2026
Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK 430 Watts PSU 2867

BUT went beyond my limits one visit to Nehru Place shopkeeper suggested

AMD FX4100
Gigabyte (some 880 Mobo)
2 TB WD HDD
2 x 4GB RAM
DVD/Writer
ATX Cabinet and PSU
Logitech Wireless KBD/MOUSE Combo for 20 K exactly my budget...

AMD is welcome in case the price differences are so much... but I want a good combination and not that one stupid thing is becoming bottleneck for other things.. and I want system to be future proof for a couple of years....

I have no prior experience in assembling a Desktop... Please help me...

delhiuser

Broken In
Intel i3 2120 costs Rs7383? Corsair 4GB venegeance RAM also didn't cost that much.I think there is some confusion. Have you CE in Nehru Place?

OP
I

Imvikky18

Broken In
Intel i3 2120 costs Rs7383? Corsair 4GB venegeance RAM also didn't cost that much.I think there is some confusion. Have you CE in Nehru Place?
These prices were picked up from Flipkart....
By the way whats is "CE":oops:

Hey guys I want an urgent reply... Please help me finalise the configuration...

akky89

Journeyman
go with the inlet rig you mentioned... (better then amd one specially for price/performance basis)
just change a few things switch the frontech keyboard mouse combo to Logitech mk260...
and go and try at laxmi nagar too...
and you can get this rig around 25 - 26K

and as for the gaming your build is not powerful enough (cause you don't have a gfx) to handle games but if you add a gfx sometime later then you can
enjoy gaming...

cheers!

truegenius

UNPREDICTABLE
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com
this board
much better than intel's one

try to pair a hd7770
and drop that ram to corsair value

try for fsp sega 2 500w psu
cheaper and still maintains same quality

OP
I

Imvikky18

Broken In
go with the inlet rig you mentioned... (better then amd one specially for price/performance basis)
just change a few things switch the frontech keyboard mouse combo to Logitech mk260...
and go and try at laxmi nagar too...
and you can get this rig around 25 - 26K

and as for the gaming your build is not powerful enough (cause you don't have a gfx) to handle games but if you add a gfx sometime later then you can
enjoy gaming...

cheers!

The guy at Nehru Place gave some story that the Mobo+Processor combo did not require a Graphics card as it already had one built in... Is that true... I want to limit my purchase to 20 K... already spent a lot on the monitor even with 20 k overall would reach 35 K which was my total plan... Any chances of HDD prices going down in near future I have some old laptop 2.5" hard disks with me which can suffice for now and I can wait some more for the HDD...

The mobo you suggested does it have 7.1 output because in the details it says 7.1 output however in image there are only two audio jacks...
Can SPDIF out header mentioned be used to send 7.1 audio output to my existing 5.1 Home theatre system with optical input option... as 5.1 audio that guy at Nehru Place asked me to use 3.5 mm audio jack in that case it would become plane 2 ch audio...

I am not too serious about gaming but will it be able to handle video editing without a graphics card...

OP
I

Imvikky18

Broken In
The guy at Nehru Place gave some story that the Mobo+Processor combo did not require a Graphics card as it already had one built in... Is that true... I want to limit my purchase to 20 K... already spent a lot on the monitor even with 20 k overall would reach 35 K which was my total plan... Any chances of HDD prices going down in near future I have some old laptop 2.5" hard disks with me which can suffice for now and I can wait some more for the HDD...

The mobo you suggested does it have 7.1 output because in the details it says 7.1 output however in image there are only two audio jacks...
Can SPDIF out header mentioned be used to send 7.1 audio output to my existing 5.1 Home theatre system with optical input option... as 5.1 audio that guy at Nehru Place asked me to use 3.5 mm audio jack in that case it would become plane 2 ch audio...

I am not too serious about gaming but will it be able to handle video editing without a graphics card...

Hey guys please help me with this one may be I am not too good in writing cachy thread headings... I haven't got much of reply in last so many days...

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
IDE hdd need PATA port which none of current generation mobos support.intel core i processor has inbuilt graphics so you don't need graphics card for basic usages but for some serious gaming or watching high bitrate videos/3d-videos a graphics card is recommended but not must for most cases.
processor:core i3 2100~6300
mobo:intel DH67CLB3~5300
ram:1*4gb corsair value 1333~1100
psu:corsair VS450~2300
cabinet:cooler master elite~2000
total:17000
this leaves you with 3000 for hard disk & keyboard.cheapest 250gb hdd cost ~2900 so the 20k budget is not enough.leave mobos with s/pdif header & no s/pdif optical output(TOSLINK) because you will need an adapter which again will cost money & availability too might be an issue.now comparing it to what the shopkeeper in nehru place suggested within budget of 20k here is why it is not recommended:
processor:amd fx series is not recommended because performance wise it is behind even the amd's older phenom II series & no competition to intel.
mobo:good amd mobo with optical out will cost approx same or maybe ~400 cheaper than intel DH67CLB3 so again no advantage.
ATX cabinet & PSU:most cost cutting because of what shopkeeper suggested & the reason being because it is worst quality component suggested by shopkeeper.to give you an idea a cheap ATX cabinet costs ~600-700 while a cheap psu costs ~600 so you can see direct cost benefit of (2300+2000-700-600)=3000 but the question is are you willing to save 3000 by buying cheap poor quality cabinet & psu.

acewin

Point Blanc
if it says 7.1 then it will have required no of jacks do not worry
get Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H and save some bucks,
keep to corsair PSU
of there is obrd gfx you need not buy a separate gfx card
if you have good components they can be reused and will certainly run longer, in the end it is your choice
you bought an IDE HDD some time back are you sure, they will cost more than SATA drives

OP
I

Imvikky18

Broken In
IMAG0310.jpg
This is the hard disk I am talking about please help Gonna get the rig on Monday... As of now I have decided to go for whitestar's config... however want to keep the SSD+HDD and gfx card as an upgrade later on...

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
the hdd is IDE & you can either buy a ~Rs.120 sata/ide adapter(works or not depends on luck,will work as boot drive if works) or a pci sata/ide card for ~400(will work but not as boot drive).

OP
I

Imvikky18

Broken In
the hdd is IDE & you can either buy a ~Rs.120 sata/ide adapter(works or not depends on luck,will work as boot drive if works) or a pci sata/ide card for ~400(will work but not as boot drive).
Thank you for the quick reply... Is there an option to add warez for that in this site...:twisted:
only thing i would require now is a boot drive because I have an external USB Seagate 250 GB for the data for now... Would plan a HDD later on...
So I guess I have to go for the SATA/IDE adapter... huh???:-?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
if sata/ide adapter works then no problem & anyway it cost just ~120 so no harm in trying.my suggestion is take your ide hdd with you(with care of course) & demo the adapter at the shop itself or ask to see demo with their test hdd.

Top Bottom