Need help in choosing Laptop

crazylamhe

Broken In
Hey dre guyz ! I want to buy a Laptop which can turn some eyes around. My budget is around 60k. Basically I want to do casual gaming and some programming(C, JAVA, .NET etc). Frankly, I want to make it catch attention coz my college hosts gaming events(games lyk CS, NFSMW etc) where I want to get noticed ! I have short-listed Dell Alienware M11x and Apple MacBook Pro 13 for this. Kindly suggest one or any other Laptop that ye guyz think b'er fits ! ! Additionally, core i5(>2.0 GHz) is preferable(not mandatory) but backlit keyboard is inevitable.

Now that Diwali is a fortnight away, do you think laptop prices will further be slashed ? Toshiba and HP has already roped in offers, can Dell be expected ??

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Dell XPS15 custom with backlit kb, i5 and GT540M. + you get the best laptop speakers. MSI has got good looking gaming laptops too. Also tell what games will you be playing

OP
crazylamhe

crazylamhe

Broken In
As told, I will be playing games like Counter-Strike, NFSMW and at most FIFA. I am not a hard core gamer(so only LAN games with friends). Just want a stylish Laptop fulfilling my needs.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
then alienware M11x will do. But i pefer dell XPS 15. Better gfx card and 11inch is kinda small for me. XPS has a great backlit kb but looks sober. Eye catching but not aggressive.

OP
crazylamhe

crazylamhe

Broken In
Thanks . . XPS 15 is kinda good but not that eye-catchy(my view) ! If the laptop "tag" is ignored for sometime(lyk the Alien head in Alienware), plz. suggest a laptop that has great built ! ! What about the XPS 14z ?? Has it launched in Indian market ?

Last edited:

adnan87

Broken In
^ If you want a stylish laptop check out sony vaio cb series.
VPCCB35FN : C Series : VAIO™ Laptop & Computer : Sony India

OP
crazylamhe

crazylamhe

Broken In
Thanks Adnan . . . Undoubtedly, the orange colour will attract attention, but the backlit kb functionality is missing ! Reviews say the Lappy is avg. built, yet it's cool. But I desperately need the backlit kb. I know how weird it can get searching for keys in the dark ! !

adnan87

Broken In
^
It does have backlit kb and it has full HD screen.

regarding built quality check review here.
Review Sony Vaio VPC-CB2S1E/B Notebook - Notebookcheck.net Reviews

OP
crazylamhe

crazylamhe

Broken In
Sorry, my mistake . . . Hmmm, it sounds good ! Vaio added to the list :thumbs:
Any other option available at 65k price range ?? Anyone having personal experience with Alienware or MBP ?

smartyrohan12

tech savy.. :D
its the best looks u can get (m11x).. but accrding to me a laptop is better by how much power it has rather than looks.. :)

OP
crazylamhe

crazylamhe

Broken In
Yep, you are absolutely right ! I want name cause I don't need to do too many intensive tasks with my lappy. You see the Alienware M11x doesn't even have an Optical Drive, let alone the 1.5 GHz core i5 processor. Whatsoever it may be, as long as it is able to fulfill my tasks in a fine way and I'm paying for the looks(Alien Head) as I have to show off before others, it's pretty much comfortable for me(as my budget permits it). In other words, 99% of the members of this forum recommends a laptop by comparing each brand with the other and recommending the relatively better one(like preference of HP dv6 over Dell XPS). But I am not thinking in terms of relative rather I'm in for absolute !

Now, if your head is not toasted reading the stuff :confused:
if you have any other lappy in your view, plz. Enlist it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom