[NEED HELP] HP dv6 6165tx: Drop in fps on battery power

ParaXite

Power User
Hi guys,
I have a HP dv6 6165tx (i7 2670QM, 8GB, 6770m, 750gb). What I noticed is that when I switch to battery power I get a 50% loss in frame rate in games. Now I have tried setting everything possible to "max performance" (i.e.) power plan to max performance, min and max processor state set to 100%, Power play in CCC is set to max performance. What have I forgotten?

Also I use my laptop battery like a UPS, just in case there is no current (I have a generator at home and power comes back in like 30 seconds) so I don't want to lose performance and frame rate in game while the current is gone. Is there an application to solve this or have I just missed something out?

Thanks
ParaXite

Prongs298

In the zone
i am not. can you guys post screenshots of your gpu and cpu clocks and usage whille gaming on battery with the help of software like gpuz or msi afterburner and something for the cpu. that would help pinpoint the problem as i regularly play on battery and have experienced no slowdowns.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Hi guys,
I have a HP dv6 6165tx (i7 2670QM, 8GB, 6770m, 750gb). What I noticed is that when I switch to battery power I get a 50% loss in frame rate in games. Now I have tried setting everything possible to "max performance" (i.e.) power plan to max performance, min and max processor state set to 100%, Power play in CCC is set to max performance. What have I forgotten?

Also I use my laptop battery like a UPS, just in case there is no current (I have a generator at home and power comes back in like 30 seconds) so I don't want to lose performance and frame rate in game while the current is gone. Is there an application to solve this or have I just missed something out?

Thanks
ParaXite

Its not an issue.Its just that your battery is not able to deliver that much power which your gpu needs when playing a graphics intensive game,thus a drop in fps..Its just like playing or using a Radeon 7970 on a 400W PSU....To try that out,try playing a game with you laptop plugged in with a 90W Adapter,from a G6 model...This is one of the reasons why core i7 model was provided with a 120W adapter.

Please
avoid playing games when on battery power,it severely puts a load on your battery,and wears it out faster,Infact in renders the lithium ion cells uncapable of getting recharged,and is the prime reason which reflects as battery wear.Initially i also played games for as long as my battery would support,in trains etc which resulted in battery damage in just 1.5 yrs,and the price of the battery is prety steep-5.4K...So please,avoid it

Top Bottom