Need help for a new PC Cabinet + PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys,

I've finally decided to get a decent cabinet coz of all the heating problems.

After a lot research I've narrowed the choice to 2 cabinets.
Thermaltake Matrix
Coolermaster Elite 330

So do any of you know about these cabinets? Would you advise me to buy from these (if yes which one?) or would you suggest any other.

I've found out that both these cabinets do not come with PSUs. I'm currently using a Techcom 450W PSU. I'm not sure if this PSU is good enough for my config. (Core 2 Duo E4300, Intel DG965RY, Nvidia 8600GT, 2 Optical Drives, 250 GB HDD, 3GB Ram). I'm guessing its not as I'm getting a LOT of problems with heating and dust. So I would need to buy a good PSU as well. I have no idea about PSU's. So please suggest anything good for my config.

My budget for both cabinet + PSU is Rs. 4000/-. I might be willing to shell out an extra 1K if it is reqd. But I would be more inclined to spend the extra cash on the PSU rather than the cabinet.

Also, both these cabinets come with only 1 Fan. So I would need to buy another fan. Please also suggest a suitable inexpensive fan.

If possible please also let me know where I could get these in Bangalore.

Thanks,

Arnab boss

In the zone
Dude coolermaster elite 330 is a good case but its price is abt 2.5k so the rest 2.5k u will not get a good psu...?

Imo go 4 zebronics bijli @1.3k or antibiotic @ 2k...'

And 4 psu go 4 coolermaster 500 w @ 2.8k check it with ur locals...' or spend some more on a Corsair vx 450@ 4.2k... It is a star psu and will sUpport up to 600 w 4 ur future upgrades...' think it...'

jotinder

Right off the assembly line
Elite 330 is a good cabinet but you need to add a front fan to it for proper cooling. Any fan will do ask the cabinet seller to do it for you. Cooler master and antec have some very good fan, but they maybe out of your budget.
Also go for good PSU even if it cost you more. Again Coolermaster, antec are good, also look for VIP they are cheap and good.

OP
P

preethesh.shetty

Broken In
Imo go 4 zebronics bijli @1.3k or antibiotic @ 2k...'

And 4 psu go 4 coolermaster 500 w @ 2.8k check it with ur locals...' or spend some more on a Corsair vx 450@ 4.2k... It is a star psu and will sUpport up to 600 w 4 ur future upgrades...' think it...'

yea, actually this was my original idea. To buy Zeb Bijli and install good fans in front and back. But after some research I found people complaining about it like bad cable management, too much dust inside cabinet, sharp edges etc. Is all that true?

and just want to know, is that Corsair psu really so good? coz the price for it is even more than the Coolermaster Extreme Power 600W, whereas the Corsair is only 450W!! If I buy the Bijli or some other cheaper cabinet like that, I'll obviously invest the money on a good psu. But there must be some justification for the high price, right?

Also, will either of these psu's be good enough if I decide to buy a better graphics card like say 4850 or 4870 (Dreaming :) )??

Elite 330 is a good cabinet but you need to add a front fan to it for proper cooling.

yea I was gonna do that, just did not mention it there.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
VX 450 is much better than Ep 600.
* VX 450 outputs much better than specified ratings and w/o much voltage noise.
*Ep 600 outputs much lower than specified with max noise.
just read the VX and Ep reviews here
*www.hardwaresecrets.com/
and ofcourse VX 450 can handle 4850 or 4870, but if u have any plan of cfx or sli, then get better onw with tri or quad 12v rails.

and why bother bout sharp edges? do u often take out ur mobo off the cabby? sharp edges wont be a problem for removing ram, gcard etc.
and dust is inevitable as airflow increases. The more fan u add, the more dust gets accumulated.
also dust will be too much if ur cabby is running under positive pressure. bit negative pressure helps lower the dust accumulation, but temps wud be high bout 1~2c max.

OP
P

preethesh.shetty

Broken In
hey,

I've pretty much decided on getting the Corsair 450VX as psu. Now looking for the cheapest price I can get it for, in Bangalore. Any help would be appreciated.

Now about the cabinet. Well the psu itself is going to cost me close to 4K, so dont think I can afford another 2K on the cabinet. So is there any other cheaper cabinet with features like the Coolermaster 330 or TT Marix (good air flow, provision for 2 fans atleast, tool less installation and good build quality)? Around 1 - 1.5K

If not then I guess I'll just settle with Zebronics Bijli. But would need to attach atleast 1 good 120mm fan for it. So any problems with the generic 120mm fans that you get for 100-200/- ? Will they do the job?

Thanks.

200mph

Broken In
why not buy the ELITE + CM REAL POWER PRO 460 WATT. In around 6k the whole combo would come shipped to you

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
Elite 330 @2.5k comes with 390W OEM PSU. Without PSU its only some 1.7-1.9k.

Get the Elite 330 and add a front fan as u told. Get the VX450 too, its the best 500W PSU available in India @4k. If u don't hav dat much budget get the Tagan TG500-U37 for 3.4k.

coolsunny

Journeyman
wht is it looks. Gladiator 600: *www.coolermaster.com/products/product.php?language=in&act=category&tbcate=2254

Corsair 450VX .. it will come around 4.3 K. price changes with time. around 1 year ago it was 1k less. I think it varies with dollar rate. correct me if i am wrong. Too much cost for gaming psu tht i never imagined few days ago, where i used see all to buy cabinet + psu within 1.2K.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
wht is it looks. Gladiator 600: *www.coolermaster.com/products/product.php?language=in&act=category&tbcate=2254

Corsair 450VX .. it will come around 4.3 K. price changes with time. around 1 year ago it was 1k less. I think it varies with dollar rate. correct me if i am wrong. Too much cost for gaming psu tht i never imagined few days ago, where i used see all to buy cabinet + psu within 1.2K.

ya VX450 costs between 3.9k and 4.2k at various locations in India, and changes according to dollar rate.

For normal systems, cabinet+ generic PSU @1.2k is enuf. But when u use high performance components they need a power supply dat can meet their wattage demands. For a gfx card like GTS260 a quality 500W PSU is a must. VX450 is one of the best of its range, and gives more room for later upgrades and overclocking even if only a HD4770 is used. Actually HD4770 is one of the grfx cards with much less power comsumption, even a Zebronics PRO350 or 400 can handle it.

OP
P

preethesh.shetty

Broken In
Actually guys here is my problem.
My original intention was just to get a new cabinet. Thats all!!... My current cabinet is very very bad. The psu sits right next to the cpu fan!! There is no rear fan and only 1 fan at the top. I was getting extremely high temperatures especially graphics card (it regularly hits 100 C. enough to boil water!! lolzz!!). I just wanted a good cabinet with proper ventillation.
I decided to get a new PSU only after other people suggested.

My config is very basic: Core 2 Duo E4300 (1.8GHz), DG965RY, 8600GT, 3GB Ram, 250GB HDD and 2 optical drives. So for this kinda setup is the 450VX even required? It seems like overkill for me. I was told on another forum that the stock psu that comes with CoolerMaster 330 Elite is enough for my current setup. If this is true, then I would gladly go for it and postpone the purchase of a kickass psu until when I actually upgrade my GPU. Maybe I'll get some better deal then. I will buy a great psu but only I'll time with GPU upgrade.

So guys please advise me is the stock psu that comes with elite sufficient and shall I go for it? or would you still advise me to go for VX450?

also many people have suggested slightly cheaper alternatives like CM Real Power 460W or Tagan 500W or Corsair CX400. I know these are not as good as VX450 but keeping in my current config and budget, how are these?

shaunak

Tux Fan
For your config the cx400 is fine.

If you dont overclock, you wont really need a top end unit.

Even the stock unit will do you well for the time being. But change it as soon as you can.

coolsunny

Journeyman
@ preethesh.shetty
CM 460W is the best psu in tht price range.But it dont have PCI-e 6 pin connector. So if u intend to invest on graphics in future then go for any psu which supports it. If don't play games in high setting then there are decent cards(eg. HD4670) which don't need extra power thru 6 pin connector then you can go for tht psu
I am using CM extreme power plus 600w. I bought this as it have 2 pci-e connectors which makes it future proof for crossfire.
@dOm1naTOr
I think you are talking abt the same power supply which i have.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
My original intention was just to get a new cabinet. Thats all!!... My current cabinet is very very bad. The psu sits right next to the cpu fan!! There is no rear fan and only 1 fan at the top. I was getting extremely high temperatures especially graphics card (it regularly hits 100 C. enough to boil water!! lolzz!!). I just wanted a good cabinet with proper ventillation.

My config is very basic: Core 2 Duo E4300 (1.8GHz), DG965RY, 8600GT, 3GB Ram, 250GB HDD and 2 optical drives. So for this kinda setup is the 450VX even required? It seems like overkill for me. I was told on another forum that the stock psu that comes with CoolerMaster 330 Elite is enough for my current setup. If this is true, then I would gladly go for it and postpone the purchase of a kickass psu until when I actually upgrade my GPU. Maybe I'll get some better deal then. I will buy a great psu but only I'll time with GPU upgrade.

So guys please advise me is the stock psu that comes with elite sufficient and shall I go for it? or would you still advise me to go for VX450?

also many people have suggested slightly cheaper alternatives like CM Real Power 460W or Tagan 500W or Corsair CX400. I know these are not as good as VX450 but keeping in my current config and budget, how are these?

IMO the CM OEM PSU with Elite 330 is enuf for ur config. Or get Zebbronics PRO350 or any CM EP lower range PSU according to ur budget.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

As per ur needs it maes more sense not investing for a good PSU now. Stock one of Elite 330 is more than enuf.
btw is ur card an XFX one? if, then i dun think additional fans will help it's the card's problem itself. u can get it replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom