Need Help For A Gaming PC Under 100-120K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

draco21

Dragon...Dragon...Dragon.
Man go single card or maybe sabertooth and some compromises on peripherals.... budget really is going haywire....... too many changes to myths Config.

or else u have to cut on headphones and formula to get it back to around 130k. i tell u sabertooth is pretty good overclocker strudy enough for u......

Last edited:

draco21

U can go 140?? should have told u know. now its unqustionable.....

still again i say get sabertooth it will be sufficient

U can go 140?? should have told u know. now its unqustionable.....

still again i say get sabertooth it will be sufficient

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Anything above tx650 is a cable mess. If your cabinet provides good cable management, the tx850v2 is a fine choice( and cheaper too).

Take high end mobo if you plan on OCing accordingly. Additionally, you will need a heavy cooler to manage your temps. A Maximus Formula with an Evo would look wierd. You will need a heavy cooler like a noctua atleast to exploit the features offered by the Formula (think higher costs now).
If you want 4.5ghz, a 11k asus p8z77m pro can do it with an evo.

Choose components according to you expected usage in future. Prioritize between gaming and OCing. Firmly decide on a budget first.We can stuff things within that range afterwards.

The 660ti sli maybe overkill now but its going to do fine in future. In a year or two, you would need to OC the hell out of the cpu and gpus to max out certain games just on a single monitor.

I believe Cabinet is a personal choice. Fix a budget for the cabinet first, select a few cabinets within that range, post them here for discussion. Its easier than eveyone suggesting their own choice to you.
If looks are also important, be ready to compromise on other features. You cant have a car that does 0-100kmph in 4 seconds , gives 50kmpl fuel mileage and costs as much as a nano.

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
Seriously man why does everyone want to suggest him the costliest components. Haf 932, I cant even remember when it was last updated and there is not one serious point negative about corsair 400r. It has one of the best stock thermals and will easily accomondate any sli.

As for gtx 660ti get the zotac one, its
fastest+smallest+lifetime warranty gpu.

Udh3 + noctua dh n14 will be the best overclocker in your budget + will chill your i7!

gameranand

Living to Play
Seriously man why does everyone want to suggest him the costliest components. Haf 932, I cant even remember when it was last updated and there is not one serious point negative about corsair 400r. It has one of the best stock thermals and will easily accomondate any sli.

As for gtx 660ti get the zotac one, its
fastest+smallest+lifetime warranty gpu.

Udh3 + noctua dh n14 will be the best overclocker in your budget + will chill your i7!

Because when you are spending that much on a PC then you don't want to get something inferior compared to other components. As for HAF 932, I don't know when it was updated but the new version does have USB 3.0 ports in front IIRC. :)

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
+1 to phantom, 932 is too similar to 912.

And if you have no budget problems, try to govfor 670 sli, it has twice the bandwidth!!!
But anyways you will get a beast ;)

draco21

670 Sli is not required whatsoever ( even after considering future proofing)

and ppl pls suggest vfm components other than gpu (660ti sli)and processy (i7) ( for mobo, cooler, headset and other peripherals) Lets try to reduce budget to minimum possible......

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Changes....

Cabinet - NZXT Phantom - Rs 7800
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA- Z77X-UD3H / MSI Z77 BigBang - Rs 12075 /Rs 15000
CM HYPER 212 EVO - Rs 2200 ( An excellent and practical cooler for overclocks till 4.7Ghz and 1.4V,just get a second 120mm fan)

Get a mechanical Keyboard from TVSE rather than membrane based craps for Rs 3000 and above from Razers and Logitech.

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
Well I spoke the truth, bandwidth matters in sli and gtx 670 is almost the king :). If you have no budget constraints gtx 670 will be much better actually more better than the diff between gtx 660 sli and 660ti.
Microsoft sidewinder x4 is an excellent gaming kb if you can find. It has no ghosting problems and costs around 2.2k.
The new logitech gaming mice will arrive next month get one of them.

OP
V2IBH2V

V2IBH2V

C0nFu$3D n0ob
Well, I could go for MSI big bang. But 670 sli is a no-no. I have to get a smartphone too! Now if I take 1.6L from dad, I will have pretty much money for phone and PC. The 670 SLI will shoot the budget 1.5L upwards! -.- Nah

varun004

Journeyman
Well, I could go for MSI big bang. But 670 sli is a no-no. I have to get a smartphone too! Now if I take 1.6L from dad, I will have pretty much money for phone and PC. The 670 SLI will shoot the budget 1.5L upwards! -.- Nah

hey if u can go upto 1.4L you can have exact config like mine and it is so much better than what others have suggested.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Changes....

Cabinet - NZXT Phantom - Rs 7800
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA- Z77X-UD3H / MSI Z77 BigBang - Rs 12075 /Rs 15000
CM HYPER 212 EVO - Rs 2200 ( An excellent and practical cooler for overclocks till 4.7Ghz and 1.4V,just get a second 120mm fan)

Get a mechanical Keyboard from TVSE rather than membrane based craps for Rs 3000 and above from Razers and Logitech.
Proper change. Somehow I dont fancy Bigbang for no reason, so my vote for UD3H. Low price and good features.
My thumbs up to the mech KB. (my next upgrade :p)
The Evo is good to go. Gave me a stable 4.7ghz with the 2600k and a p8z77m pro :razz:

Get the PC within 1.3Lac and buy a Xperia Z!!!:-D

lol. Good idea :D

@OP: State the finalized rig as of now.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
The Evo is good to go. Gave me a stable 4.7ghz with the 2600k and a p8z77m pro :razz:

WOW.:doublethumb:

people look in awe when you get inside the pool and click photos with your phone.....underwater. A different high for xperia owners and different low for Iphone users!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom