Need Help For A Gaming PC Under 100-120K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gameranand

Living to Play
Agreed formula is asus's flagship, but choosen mobo is also very good dont u think??

as for cabby, well, i have no idea so suggest??

also it wont go 140k......... it will be around 125-130k

Mobo is good but we are talking about Multi GPU setup here and in future he might OC both cards, CPU and memory and in that case he'll need better and stable board which can handle everything nicely.

As for Cabinet the chosen Cabinet is plasticy, and I would suggest him to go for something more stable and sturdy. Also many users of that cabinet complains about that door latch. I guess HAF 932 would be a good option for him but thats just me as I like military design and really sturdy cabinet to house my precious component so that accidently my components won't get damaged. If he is going for a Multi GPU setup then I guess he should simply dump the idea of getting a windowed panel cabinet altogether although if he is ready for modding in future then he can put a fan in that acrylic sheet which is used for showing off but then it would defy the very purpose of it which basically means that he needs to dump that idea.

draco21

Dragon...Dragon...Dragon.
well agreed on above.....

but i doubt that he would need to oc gpu whatsoever. procey maybe......

ok the total is coming to like 130k....... so here are few choices for op......

1. Forget high end oc'ing. Just to do that, u will need better mobo and performance wont matter much as u are already running i7 660 ti sli.

2.Cut on hdd. Get 1 tb for now.

3. If u want 2tb and also oc, then consider cheap headphones, mouse and kb. If u want them also, very sadly (and reluctantly) i would say to cut sli ( though i dont think ocing will give performance even close to it and others are worth it)

4.Going single card may seem very nice and u could get other peripherals, but performance will differ a lot.......

5. If u decide not to go high ocing(advisable frm my side), then config. is gr8 with no changes required.......

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
U think sabertooth for 1.5k more is worth??

U think sabertooth for 1.5k more is worth??

Sabertooth is a very high quality and stable mainboard,and absolutely worth the Rs 1500.Might not be a cracking overclocker but a very good clocker with rock solid stability.

gameranand

Living to Play
well agreed on above.....

but i doubt that he would need to oc gpu whatsoever. procey maybe......

ok the total is coming to like 130k....... so here are few choices for op......

1. Forget high end oc'ing. Just to do that, u will need better mobo and performance wont matter much as u are already running i7 660 ti sli.

2.Cut on hdd. Get 1 tb for now.

3. If u want 2tb and also oc, then consider cheap headphones, mouse and kb. If u want them also, very sadly (and reluctantly) i would say to cut sli ( though i dont think ocing will give performance even close to it and others are worth it)

4.Going single card may seem very nice and u could get other peripherals, but performance will differ a lot.......

5. If u decide not to go high ocing(advisable frm my side), then config. is gr8 with no changes required.......

Actually performance does matter after OC.

Fir this budget I'll still suggest him Single card setup as that Cabinet he is getting is not good enough for CF setup and after changing cabinet budget will go around 140K

Going single card has its advantage like stress free gaming while with Multi GPU you can't truly enjoy the games at their launch as most of them will give problems with Multi-GPU which are rectified later. I have rectified FC3 errors nearly after 4 months after the game launch. Be sure that you can live with that.

draco21

Does oced i7 oced 7970 beat less oced i7 660ti sli?? This will decide the best......

also i made some allowances for cabby and all (though no change in mobo).....

as for playing latest games, it wont hurt playing a game bit later will it??

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
Well I am never against Multi - GPU setup, I am merely stating the facts and problems that might arise with it as I am user of that kind of setup.
I told OP already that if he wants to go for a SLI setup them it would be better if he gets a better Mobo because when you are running that kind of power then everything gets heats up, so Mobo should be able to withstand those pressure times and all. Also Cabinet should be spacious enough for proper airflow. Just fans are not important but space is also important. I mean there should be enough space left in the cabinet after installing all the components to maintain proper airflow. fans are not everything, in fact if installed incorrectly they might become a nightmare by creating a vacuum condition in the RIG, which is not good for performance.
All I am saying that if you are going in for a jump then you can't jump just one product, it have to implemented on all products as well. :)

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
I still cant understand how someone can build a rig for 120k without a ssd. There is a vast difference between a black and even samsung 840. Even velocityraptors wont come close.
Instead get 1tb seagate barracuda and 128gb samsung 840, total 10k.
Between your mobo and udh3 there isnt much difference. And after price cut udh3 is selling for 12k, get that and save some money and invest it in noctua nh d14 or cm evo 212/ 212+
Rest your rig is perfect.

And get corsair 400r, it will handle all this perfectly, has front usb 3.0 ports and 3 fans so you need not buy more

OP
V2IBH2V

V2IBH2V

C0nFu$3D n0ob
Bro, everyone else is recommending me to get HAF 932. And for HDD/SSD, i can't afford one ryt now. When I really need one, i will definitely get it.
UD3 is better than Formula???? :O

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Okay then. I will go for the HAF 932 and maximus V formula. Prices of both please

With the rest of your config....it will cost......

7-3770K- Rs 19700
Asus Maximus Formula - Rs 21000
CM Hyper 212Evo - Rs 2250
G.Skill 8GB - Rs 3500
660 ti SLI - Rs 39,400
WD black 2 tb - Rs 10100
Nzxt Phantom - Rs 7800
Ultrasharp U2312HM - Rs 16500
Logitech G400 - Rs 1850
Keyboard - ?
Corsair HX 850 - Rs 11200
APC 1.1 kVa - Rs 5000
Corsair 1500 - Rs 4650

Total - Rs 142,950.

If you are game for that money buy it. Dont get the HAF 932 for Rs 9500 or more, its a dust magnet has no dust filters and is not value for money in todays time , better get the Phantom has the largest internal depth of 623mm! Can accomodate 7 fans ,3 of which are 200/230mm and rest 120/140mm all controlled by a in built fan controller and dust filtered! Next best option is the CM Trooper better build,better (edit) specd,if not better cooling compared to the Phantom.

A more sane configuration would be a 3570K/3770K with a Gigabyte Z77XUD3H and GTX660 in SLi and a Corsair TX750 with an SSD

Last edited:
OP
V2IBH2V

V2IBH2V

C0nFu$3D n0ob
Thanks for the pricings, mate.
Are you sure that I should go for Phantom. Becuz, Abhishek said that it has a bad build quality. And, would a 750W really be ample for my config?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Im using a Phantom at the very moment. I had the budget for a CM Cosmos 2,but after several thought I came to the conclusion that for me a Cosmos would be redundant,honestly would be just for show off may be,I was almost on the verge of buying it when a friend or two advised that Im being a college kid,better sense prevailed ,I came down to HAFX and Phantom,ended up with the Phantom ,been a year and its running great. Now a 2008 early review piece had a bad hinge and people are still clinging to it!!! Thats what it does.I have bnever had a single issue with its build quality to date and it is the best air cooled cabinet available in the market today at Rs 7800 and beyond.It has awesome cable management too.It makes a TX 850 look like a modular PSU!!! It has provisions for one of the most flexible water cooling configurations. Google and you will know.

TX 750 will be good for 660 (non TI) in SLi but for 660Ti TX/HX 850 is advised.

draco21

are u sure that u are not going too overbudget?? u could settle for sabertooth u know........ i would let others decide best cabby for u.......

are u sure that u are not going too overbudget?? u could settle for sabertooth u know........ i would let others decide best cabby for u.......

gameranand

Living to Play
Im using a Phantom at the very moment. I had the budget for a CM Cosmos 2,but after several thought I came to the conclusion that for me a Cosmos would be redundant,honestly would be just for show off may be,I was almost on the verge of buying it when a friend or two advised that Im being a college kid,better sense prevailed ,I came down to HAFX and Phantom,ended up with the Phantom ,been a year and its running great. Now a 2008 early review piece had a bad hinge and people are still clinging to it!!! Thats what it does.I have bnever had a single issue with its build quality to date and it is the best air cooled cabinet available in the market today at Rs 7800 and beyond.It has awesome cable management too.It makes a TX 850 look like a modular PSU!!! It has provisions for one of the most flexible water cooling configurations. Google and you will know.

TX 750 will be good for 660 (non TI) in SLi but for 660Ti TX/HX 850 is advised.

Actually I was talking about the Phantom which don't have magnetic hinge so in time it gets loose. Like I said before I like military design so NZXT was a serious no go for me. Also Trooper has one of the best Airflow and cooling system to date and a handle for better travelling so these things made the decision for me.

Like I said earlier with that config which OP has in mind, budget will easily cross 140K mark.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
With the rest of your config....it will cost......

7-3770K- Rs 19700
Asus Maximus Formula - Rs 21000
CM Hyper 212Evo - Rs 2250
G.Skill 8GB - Rs 3500
660 ti SLI - Rs 39,400
WD black 2 tb - Rs 10100
Nzxt Phantom - Rs 7800
Ultrasharp U2312HM - Rs 16500
Logitech G400 - Rs 1850
Keyboard - ?
Corsair HX 850 - Rs 11200
APC 1.1 kVa - Rs 5000
Corsair 1500 - Rs 4650

Total - Rs 142,950.

If you are game for that money buy it. Dont get the HAF 932 for Rs 9500 or more, its a dust magnet has no dust filters and is not value for money in todays time , better get the Phantom has the largest internal depth of 623mm! Can accomodate 7 fans ,3 of which are 200/230mm and rest 120/140mm all controlled by a in built fan controller and dust filtered! Next best option is the CM Trooper better build,better (edit) specd,if not better cooling compared to the Phantom.

A more sane configuration would be a 3570K/3770K with a Gigabyte Z77XUD3H and GTX660 in SLi and a Corsair TX750 with an SSD

z77xud3h is 13k only he has budget for 20k mobo y don't get..
@op with 120k budget u can have a full on gaming rig with ssd included cut on sli there is seriously no need for u to go multi gpu config......

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
The Trooper is built like a Tank no doubt,and when I bought my cabinet about a year back it was not available in Kolkata. But that dosnt undermine the Phantoms build quality at Rs 7800 in any way.But if its outright cooling IMO the Phantom will beat it. The Phantom has a 200mm side intake fan which pumps in a mammoth 166CFM coloumn of air that is exhausted by two 90CFM (2x90=180cfm) 200MM fans on the TOP . If you do the Maths its excellent,and so is it in reality. The Trooper has a 120mm side intake with a 200MM exhaust good but not as good as the Phantom's configuration. A Big 200/230 mm side intake fan helps a lot in cooling down a rig than any fan configuration.

z77xud3h is 13k only he has budget for 20k mobo y don't get..
@op with 120k budget u can have a full on gaming rig with ssd included cut on sli there is seriously no need for u to go multi gpu config......

IMO opinion he should either get a 660 (non Ti) SLi or a HD7970 for 1920x1080 60Hz monitor.For gaming IMO rig its better to spend on GPUs than mindlessly spending on Mobos with fancy badges and high price tags.Most of us end up using none of the features offered.But yes if he can afford the quality mobo (Maximus) along with the GPUs and not sacrifice the GPU for the mobo then its a different story.

And what about TX850?

Its super good , Im using one....I have used it to power a friends rig with two GTX680 in SLi. But you would have to manage its cables,it has lot of them!!!

Important
If you are buying the Maximus Formula then you would have to forgo all these PSUs and settle for Seasonic X since the Formula has 8+4 pin cpu power connecter and only Seasonics 800 watter actually has the 8+4 connector to overclock your CPU to its optimum levels. No other PSU below 1000 watts has that connectivity. Strange but True.

Last edited:

rock2702

Padawan
The thing is that a single 7970 is enough even for 1440p.I game at 1440p and average 40-50fps with my
Overclocked 7970 with ultra settings,2xAA(@2560x1440 AA hardly matters).Played games like far cry 3,tomb raider,AC3 with 40-50 average fps.So if you don't absolutely require 60 fps in the most demanding games with ultra settings and 8xAA you can go for a single 7970(matrix platinum or sapphire vapor x),overclock it and enjoy smooth gameplay in all the games.

OP
V2IBH2V

V2IBH2V

C0nFu$3D n0ob
I NEED 60 fps. The other thing, what is the price of seasonic x850-820?

FK says its priced at 11900. Is it good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom