Need help deciding on a Low to Mid-range Home PC

A question: Since the A10 will be doing double work when I play games, will the CPU overheat? I'm asking because (a) I don't have Air Conditioning and (b) I'm keeping the PC under my table where there isn't too much space for ventilation.

Lack of ventilation could increase the temperature slightly, see if you can make space for intake and exhaust of air.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Going for an i3 will give you an upgrade path to an i5 or an i7 in the future, if u decide.. TThere is no upgrade path for A10-5800k since it's the best FM2 processor available..
Personally id rather go with the i3.. (i3 beats AMD in almost all single threaded tasks)..but its ur choice tho
Also it shd cost more money for going AMD + discrete GPU than i3 + discrete GPU

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Perfomance of A10 is equal to i3.

no there are not equal.mostly i3 is faster than a10 in cpu performance.

see here a very good review - A10-5800K vs. Core i3-3220 CPU Review | Hardware Secrets

i suggest go with i3 + hd 7750 or 7770.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Anyway since I will not be able to use more than 3.5 GB of the RAM with a 32-bit OS, and also since the AMD requires the additional RAM to run smoothly, I guess I will have to go for 64-bit Windows if I decide to go the AMD way.

A question: Since the A10 will be doing double work when I play games, will the CPU overheat? I'm asking because (a) I don't have Air Conditioning and (b) I'm keeping the PC under my table where there isn't too much space for ventilation.

Thanks.

AMD don't need any extra ram to work smoothly but since its IGP is going to share memory you need more ram that is why 8GB is recommended those days are gone where amd processor heat up infact they run cooler than Intel so don't worry about overheating.

Going for an i3 will give you an upgrade path to an i5 or an i7 in the future, if u decide.. TThere is no upgrade path for A10-5800k since it's the best FM2 processor available..
Personally id rather go with the i3.. (i3 beats AMD in almost all single threaded tasks)..but its ur choice tho
Also it shd cost more money for going AMD + discrete GPU than i3 + discrete GPU
why he need an i5 and more A10 is already quadcore cpu due to this OP don't need to upgrade for long time.
why he need to spend on GPU A10 IGP is good enough for games OP has mentioned.

see here a very good review - A10-5800K vs. Core i3-3220 CPU Review | Hardware Secrets

More and more apps even latest games can utilise multiple core so why OP have to worry about single thread perfomance and futher more he is buying PC for using it not running benchmarks no offence but in real world OP will feel A10 running all apps smoothly.
I am using a phenom x4 945 its is much snapier than my friends i3 both having 4GB of ram and running win 7 64bit OS.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member

They are equal.

A10-5800K being faster in multi-threaded tasks whereas i3 being faster in single threaded tasks.

Plus, A10-5800K can be overclocked as well.

OP
S

ss786@vsnl.com

Broken In
Once again, everyone thanks for all the suggestion you made.

Sadly, it all has come to naught. I approached two assemblers here and both of them said the A10 is no longer available and instead I'd have to go for the newer AMD CPU... and ultimately because of this, the final cost of the AMD machine was coming to more than that of the i3 configuration I was interested in!

So finally, I've gone for the Intel i3 configuration itself as listed in my original post.

Once again, thanks to everyone for your help/suggestions.

I am now closing this thread.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Please post the prices of each of the components you have pruchased for future reference.

Top Bottom