Need Help Buying 24 X 7 download rig

jainmj

Broken In
I think we should ask/insist Flipkart to stock PogoPlug.
That's really a great piece of device.

:) I dont think flipkart is not gonna import anything from outside.

Again, If you can get any plug from outside, and is comfortable with Linux, I will recommend you to get any GuruPlug. The possibilities are endless with kind of hardware they provide. D2 Plug Dev Kit

I am running rtorrent and a small web and file server in my Tonidoplug. It's one capacitor got burnt out some time back. Got the capacitor replaced. Thanks to my roommate who is an electronics engineer. But another one also got burnt out recently. Yet to be replaced. :-( I suspect the voltage fluctuations in my flat.

If you just want to download torrent, get a router as Naxal suggested.

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Then which routers are good in 5k budget range which can be modded for such use ?

I think this supports torrents out-of-the-box

*www.flipkart.com/asus-rt-n13u/p/it...VMAK&ref=a7179a86-1e43-4622-bfcb-970a33bd2905

acewin

Point Blanc
I have it but was not able to make it work for downloading torrents.

Setup of ftp and rest of the functionalities was easy.
Will try once again

Setup of ftp and rest of the functionalities was easy.
Will try once again

*www.techenclave.com/networking/not-able-download-torrents-using-107754/
have a look into above discussion thread

arko1983

In the zone
I use asus rt n13 u/b1 +500 gb seagate hdd for downloading stuff.very cost effective(saves alot of electric bill) if u wannna download 24x7.

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
@lovedonator - here is the linkAsus RT-N13U | Router | Flipkart.com

@arko1983 - Its supports torrent downloads out-of-the-box right ? No need to mod anything like installing dd-wrt ?

arko1983

In the zone
no,buy the asus rt n13 u/b1. b1 version(i think only this version supports ntfs) its better not the normal one.i tried using other ddwrt stuff but it didnt work as planned.update your firmware after u buy and install the b1 version drivers.(here i made mistake so went the dd wrt way.)but after returning to asus i have zero probs.can download torrents without any probs with my 500 gb seagate.
this one-
ASUS - Networks- ASUS RT-N13U B1
not this one
ASUS - Networks- ASUS RT-N13U

don't know about the flipkart one it doesn't say b1.

Top Bottom