Need help building a gaming rig around 50k

pincer

Right off the assembly line
So, basically i need help on building a rig around 50k. My sole purpose for it is for gaming. I don't need a monitor, keyboard or a mouse. As for the monitor i'm planning to go with this - Dell ST2420L

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: For gaming. Mostly to be able to play most of the latest games in an above average setting.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 50k around ~5k extra could be added.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7/8

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1Tb preferably

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: As mentioned previously, i'm going for this monitor. Dell ST2420L

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Monitor, keyboard and mouse

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In the coming week. Once i get a good config.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Will be done by someone else.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Bangalore. Will be buying most of the stuffs locally and yes last case scenario is look for it online if the parts aren't available.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: None.

Thanks in advance guys :)

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
i5 4570 - 13k
msi z97 mate - 8k/gigabyte b85md3h - 5.3k
kingston hyperx fury 2x 4gb - 5.5k/corsair vengeance /gskill ripjawsX
r9 280x - 22k(infact wait for gpu. 280x price is going to get slashed quite soon!)
wd blue 1tb - 3.5k
antec vp650p - 4.3k/vp550p -3.5k/seasonic s12 ii 520 -4.8k
deepcool tesseract - 2.5k

ravi847

Journeyman
[MENTION=135617]rijinpk1[/MENTION] are these price cuts due to Tonga gpu's being released?
Also do price cuts happen instantly in India, I mean soon as they will be announced by AMD?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
[MENTION=135617]rijinpk1[/MENTION] are these price cuts due to Tonga gpu's being released?
Also do price cuts happen instantly in India, I mean soon as they will be announced by AMD?

yups. regarding price cut in India, i am not too sure ;). but i hope it will reflect in india as soon as the prices are slashed.

OP
P

pincer

i5 4570 - 13k
msi z97 mate - 8k/gigabyte b85md3h - 5.3k
kingston hyperx fury 2x 4gb - 5.5k/corsair vengeance /gskill ripjawsX
r9 280x - 22k(infact wait for gpu. 280x price is going to get slashed quite soon!)
wd blue 1tb - 3.5k
antec vp650p - 4.3k/vp550p -3.5k/seasonic s12 ii 520 -4.8k
deepcool tesseract - 2.5k

I will keep this in mind. Ty

We'll have to wait for the new cards to arrive.

When do you suppose this would happen? (sorry a total newbie here :p)

OP
P

pincer

So after some thinking here's my final system.

i5 4570
msi z97 mate
corsair vengeance 1x 4gb (will upgrade in the future)
Antec vp650p
wd blue 1tb (whats the difference between blue and green models?)
Deepcool tesseract(i hope its available when i buy, most websites are out of stock/ i'll need another cabinet in that case)
I will most problably go for r9 270x incase i dont get a good price for r9 280x.

Also i need some suggestions for a simple ups. Not for the backup but just to protect my pc against erratic current).

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
in-case if you are not able to find tesseract,you may look at betfenix merc alpha(usb 3).there are r9 280 and gtx 760 available between 270x and 280x.
wd blue is faster than green version. green version adjusts rotation speed to save power. anyway a hdd is not going to consume a lot of power. get blue.

OP
P

pincer

Unfortunately i can't buy both of those cards. My budget became tighter. Also i'm in need of a UPS. Any basic ones out there?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Intel Core i5 4570 -13000,
Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5200,
Corsair Vengeance 8GB(2x4GB) 1600Mhz -5800,
Corsair CX500 -3500,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3800,
Deepcool Tesseract -2700,
Sapphire R9 280x 3GB -22000.
TOTAL -56,000.

napsterv

Journeyman
How about this one??

CPU Intel i5 4440 4th Generation Haswell
MotherBoard Gigabyte H87M-D3H
RAM G.Skill 4GB 1600Mhz
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Case Cooler Master K281
DVD Burner LG/ASUS 24X SATA
Power Supply Corsair CX500

Source:--DesCom Oscar - Intel | DesCom

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Intel Core i5 4570 -13000,
Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5200,
Corsair Vengeance 8GB(2x4GB) 1600Mhz -5800,
Corsair CX500 -3600,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3800,
Deepcool Tesseract -2700,
Sapphire R9 270x 2GB -14100,
APC 1100VA UPS -5500.
TOTAL -53,700.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
[MENTION=286233]napsterv[/MENTION], the reason we suggest wd drives over seagate is because of the excellent trouble free rma experience from wd.

sukiblr

A friend of mine used the following config..maybe you could try this

intel i5 4670
Biostar Hi-Fi Z97WE motherboard
Coolermaster-hyper-212-evo
Sapphire-vaporx r 9 270x
Corsair ddr3 2 x 8gb
Corsair-550-watt PSU
Optical Drive- asus
Antec-x1-cpu-cabinet
WD-1-tb-internal HDD
Aoc-23-inch monitor

of course he had used Kingston SSD 32GB as well but if you avoid that this config should cost you approx 55K

A friend of mine used the following config..maybe you could try this

intel i5 4670
Biostar Hi-Fi Z97WE motherboard
Coolermaster-hyper-212-evo
Sapphire-vaporx r 9 270x
Corsair ddr3 2 x 8gb
Corsair-550-watt PSU
Optical Drive- asus
Antec-x1-cpu-cabinet
WD-1-tb-internal HDD
Aoc-23-inch monitor

of course he had used Kingston SSD 32GB as well but if you avoid that this config should cost you approx 55K

Buddy, do some reading and be specific.

> I cannot find a single review of that motherboard on a trusted website. Any links will be helpful. And unless that board costs <8k, it's a total waste for that CPU.

> CM Hyper 212 EVO for a locked CPU is a waste of money. Stock cooler is enough.

> Which 'Corsair ddr3 2 x 8gb'- value select, vengeance, XMS? Kingston HyperX Fury will be cheaper and equally good.

> Which 'Corsair-550-watt PSU'- CX, VS, GS, RM? Price and quality varies drastically among these. CX and VS should be avoided at all costs for a gaming PC. GS is good but Seasonic S12II is available at same price and is much better.

> Again, WD has Blue, Green, Black and many more HDDs. Be specific. Blue is the most commonly suggested though.

> 'AOC 23 inch'? Chech AOC's website, there will be at least a dozen 23 inch monitors with price difference of more than 20k. Be specific dude.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Buddy, do some reading and be specific.

> I cannot find a single review of that motherboard on a trusted website. Any links will be helpful. And unless that board costs <8k, it's a total waste for that CPU.

> CM Hyper 212 EVO for a locked CPU is a waste of money. Stock cooler is enough.

> Which 'Corsair ddr3 2 x 8gb'- value select, vengeance, XMS? Kingston HyperX Fury will be cheaper and equally good.

> Which 'Corsair-550-watt PSU'- CX, VS, GS, RM? Price and quality varies drastically among these. CX and VS should be avoided at all costs for a gaming PC. GS is good but Seasonic S12II is available at same price and is much better.

> Again, WD has Blue, Green, Black and many more HDDs. Be specific. Blue is the most commonly suggested though.

> 'AOC 23 inch'? Chech AOC's website, there will be at least a dozen 23 inch monitors with price difference of more than 20k. Be specific dude.

+1 to this.
this dude had been spanning over many threads with this rig and that mobo.

Top Bottom