Need help assembling a HTPC for 20-25k

ayuboy

Journeyman
I'm planning to assemble a HTPC for my 40inch LED TV. I'll use the rig for movies browsing and maybe for light arcade gaming like MK or Injustice.
Budget for device is 20-25k and I need a small form factor and with enough ports to connect at least 2 of my 7 hard drives at a time.

Looking forward for your suggestions.
Thanks. :)

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Movies, Word processing, browsing and maybe light arcade gaming luke MK or Injustice

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 20-25k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: I don't see the need.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: 7 or 8 whatever is suitable

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1tb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I already have a 40inch LED tv

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I have nothing for a HTPC

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: next month when I settle in the new house

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I have built my other PC

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I live in Delhi. Online shopping I love.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Hello World.

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Intel Core i3 4130 -7500,
Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5500,
Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600Mhz -2600,
WD Caviar Blue 500GB -3000,
Deepcool TESSERACT -2700,
Antec VP450P -2600,
Asus 24B5ST DVD-RW -1100,
Logitech MK200 -800.
TOTAL -25,800.

OP
A

ayuboy

Journeyman
Won't an Amd config be much cheaper?
And the chassis is too big, would look ugly in the living room.
Thanks for quick reply through. :)

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
The suggested config is fine. Look at cooler master n200 which is smaller than the deepcool one.

OP
A

ayuboy

Journeyman
COOLER MASTER Elite 110 RC-110-KKN2 Midnight Black Steel / Plastic Mini-ITX Tower Computer Case with Standard Size ATX PSU and 120mm Radiator Support - Newegg.com

I was looking at this and it looked really good and is quite small too. Will I be able to get hold of it in Nehru Place?

How is the performance of Intel i3 CPUs? I've never used one so I'm not sure.

If I skip the GPU and get another one the next month will it still work?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
seems a good cabinet. have a look at elite 130 as well.
i3 cpu is really good for HTPCs. dont worry. you can add gpu anytime later. no problems out there.

OP
A

ayuboy

Journeyman
Ahan. CM Elite 130 looks damn nice. So if I use an i3 and say later if I add a decent GPU will i be able to play games on it? Arcade games like MK or Injustice or other graphic intensive games? :D

Top Bottom