hey thank you for reading this.......
i have acer aspire 5050 laptop pretty old and it config are:
processor:- AMD Turion(tm) 64 mobile technology MK-38 @ 2.2 GHz
Ram:- 2 Gb ddr2
and 14" LCD display
i am planning to exchange it for desktop whose config is
processor:- AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400 or AMD Athlon 64 x2 4600
Ram:- 2 Gb ddr2
mother board with support for sockets am2 and am3 (my brother told me this i dont knw exactly)
and 15" LCD diisplay

So all I'm asking is should i exchange it?????
remember laptop is a single core at 2.2 GHz and desktop is dual core at 1.9 GHz or 2.0 GHz
what should i do?????

Cilus

laborare est orare
Please get the full config of the Desktop and let us know. We need to know the exact model number for the CPU and Motherboard, at least.

OP
H

HiTLR

Broken In
sorry for limited info i called my brother 2 days ago he said there are mobo with am2+ sockets which will support am2 processor and give me option to install a am3 processor with bios update but he said i have to use only ddr2 ram bcuz this am2 processor does not fully support ddr3 ram , so my quick config will be
processor : AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ @ 2.1 GHz
RAM : 4 GB DDR2 (i am planning to make it 8 GB (2X4 GB))
mobo i dont know exactly bcuz my brother is having little trouble finding am2+ mobo, but he said it will have pcie 2.0 x16 slot(atleast 1)
and dont worry about psu i have one form my previous desktop it 450 W (i cant read the manufacturer though)
or i can buy a new one depends

Cilus

laborare est orare
I don't think single 4 GB DDR2 modules are available in India. You have to go for two 2GB or four 2GB modules depending upon the number of Ram slots available in the mobo.

Top Bottom