need help about softwares important !

Gaurav265

A PC GAMER
hi,friends i need name of some softwares and your ideas how to do.problem is, i want to write notes on physics class 12th cbse.this is competion in My friends that whose note is beter.IN My pc i think write it in ms word but there is problem about figures ,how to make figures of resistors,capacitors and others electrical applience roughly.it can be done in paint but how make all in one place.i has seen the figures my friends draw but they dont tell me how they do that.
so,some best softwares and ideas are needed. pls coment some ideas all of you so i can do best in my project.i have rough note in my copy only need to write in pc and print.

i am very happy to know your ideas.i can download any soft. you mention only say the name.

your friend
Gaurav

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
You can perform the rough drawing in Word too, using Drawing tools.

BTW don't mind, :lol: at your competition at this age :p

gameranand

Living to Play
If you use office 2010 then there is a option to insert symbols in top right corner under Insert Ribbon. Can't say about other versions there should be a way but I don't remember. Also you can draw symbols in word itself or save the image in Paint and insert that. All options are open. :)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@Gaurav265: u want to draw diagrams of resisters & capacitors & other electrical appliances.
u can use coral draw or smart draw
also AutoCAD is also good.
I guess ur frnds r googling for the required images & pasting it in their doc notes

err.... i dont think the above mentioned s/w are necessary.

check out the links below

Free Student Version of CircuitLogix
ExpressPCB - Free PCB layout and schematic software
Kicad
FreePCB: freeware PCB layout software

what do you think ?? better and free AutoCAD

abhidev

Human Spambot
Use Vizio...it has some nice options...also there is another free software named 'EAGAL'....

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
Or else what I suggest (might sound weird too) is that you use Paint for all your notes altogether. It will help you draw rough images and has the 'Text' option so you can write anywhere. Plus it will save your notes in images so you'll not have to worry about the compatibility problems when you open notes in another PC.

abhidev

Human Spambot
Or else what I suggest (might sound weird too) is that you use Paint for all your notes altogether. It will help you draw rough images and has the 'Text' option so you can write anywhere. Plus it will save your notes in images so you'll not have to worry about the compatibility problems when you open notes in another PC.

Also if you use paint....then you won't be able to even edit any of your notes later...how good is that???:lol:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I will have to agree with abhidev with this one! Paint would just be a BAD idea for this kind of work!

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
I will have to agree with abhidev with this one! Paint would just be a BAD idea for this kind of work!

I don't think there would be any kinda problem with the eraser tool. It just works perfect.
Plus Paint will be easier to use than other softwares which have lot of options and some even come for a price.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I don't think there would be any kinda problem with the eraser tool. It just works perfect.
Plus Paint will be easier to use than other softwares which have lot of options and some even come for a price.

Man! When I read this comment of yours, "When will the eraser tool come in use :p", I was hoping you said it as a irony. But I guess, I was wrong!

Believe me, I am much of an advocate myself, when it comes to praise the simplicity of Paint program of windows. I use it myself to edit and tweak many images. But that's where the task of Paint Ends!

Paint is good as long as one just need to tweak things a bit, or have to edit some loose ends of a static image. But believe me when I say, to Create Something from Scratch, Paint would be a Pain in the bottom side, and that too is just a vastly underestimation!

Few drawbacks of Paint with respect to the kind of work OP wants:
  • Inability to modify electronic components.
  • Inability to reuse portions of one diagram into another.
  • Inability to change the labels, once it's set. That is some major drawback. The text feature of Paint, is I think, its weakest aspect.
  • Coloring the diagram would be a hassle that I would turn the project a nightmare to complete!
  • OP would have two options to save the image, as a bmp, which would take A LOT of space, but can be edited easily later. And another is format like .jpg, which takes VERY LESS space, but would tarnish the image beyond any chances of modification!

Need I say more!

Bonus tip: PNG format is the best format to save such drawings in paint.

Top Bottom