need h/ware help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

foreveranuj

Broken In
hi all,

I dunno if this is the right place to post this or not. But i need some serious advice asap.

I have a Intel 810e chipset with 128Mb RAM and 40GB HDD with 4logical partitions.

Can I get another 128Mb RAM for this m/board to make it 25gMb RAM in all? And can i upgrade my HDD to a single 80GB?...or do i need to get another additional 40Gb to make it 80Gb? Does the 810e m/board support a single 80Gb HDD?

Mine is a P3, 933Mhz system.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Anuj
Hyderabad

demoninside

In the zone
yes u can,
if ur MOB hv another space for RAM u can add one more to make it 256MB in all,
and 810e MOB supports 80GB so no probs,

know coz my friend hv 810 even his MOB supports 80GB.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Sure you can add the 128MB ram as you want provided you have a dimm slot empty also about the hdd you can add an aditional hdd to go upto 80G the present hdd cannot be upgraded(unless you sell this and buy a new one) you can get a new 40G or a new 80G HDD (better sol) The board supports the HDD I too have a p3 system using a similar hdd

krishnathelord

In the zone
yeap the guys are correctly said the solution

my suggestion to u would be to use one 80gb HDD than using 2 40gb HDD

as this would lower ur system performation,
as of ram make sure u buy a PIII compatible ram as they not manufactuters currently

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
having a single 80gb hdd is not necessarily the best solution for you.
first of all you will have to sell off your current hdd.
secondly 2 separate hdd's means you have a place to backup important stuff, and theres not much chance of both hdd's crashing at once, so your data will be pretty safe.
thirdly you can have a swap file spread over both hdd's seeing that your system is quite underpowered, you he could do with an extra boost in performance.
so dont sell your current hdd. you wont get much money for it considering its really old. simply buy a new 40gb one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom