Need Graphics card suggestion for this gaming rig...Help plz fast.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vampiredevil

Hell is Ma PlayGround
Hi all - My friend recently bought this config:

Asus P7P55-D
Core i5 i750 2.66GHz
Corsair 4GB DDR3 1600MHz C9 Titanium
Cooler Master Elite 310
Corsair VX450W

Hard disk and rest all other accessories, he used from his old comp.

Now he wants a graphics card within 15k and mostly opting for ATI cards....
so can you please suggest something fast as currently he is using my GPU to work on his new PC....!!:???:

Thanx a lot in advance....Anup:)

OP
V

vampiredevil

Hell is Ma PlayGround
Thnx a lot guyz 4 al ur help....He ordered the PowerColor HD5850 1GB DDR5 today priced @ 15900+ tax....

Cheers....Anup

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Thnx a lot guyz 4 al ur help....He ordered the PowerColor HD5850 1GB DDR5 today priced @ 15900+ tax....

Cheers....Anup

Card is correct as suggested...but Powercolor???? which company is that!!!!......couldnt you find Sapphaire or MSI??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Card is correct as suggested...but Powercolor???? which company is that!!!!......couldnt you find Sapphaire or MSI??

PowerColor is one of the oldest ATI partners. & usually their cards a bit cheaper.

& in case of graphics card most perform equally as long & their specification same.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

It is a decent company. I have 2 HD4890s by them. Only thing negative is they offer 2 year warranty vs. 3 years of MSI/Sapphire.

OP
V

vampiredevil

Hell is Ma PlayGround
Connected to the system. Does this require two power cable to operate. Is the Corsair VX450W enough to carry the load.

Because i have connected with one power cable, that my SMPS provides, the boot drive led along with the VGA-led is crying red

Last edited:
OP
V

vampiredevil

Hell is Ma PlayGround
Finally the system started :D

But now again there is a small problem..The HD5850 graphics card is not being recognised by the motherboard (and this motherboard calculates the temp and fan speed for all individual units), hence there is a loud beeping noise while booting....Checked out the manual and found that apart from the ATI graphics driver, a special software needs to be downloaded from the Asus website to get this fixed. Just wanted to share this wil anyone if they face the similar prblm.....

Cheers....Anup

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Never heard of that. Which special software is required for the accelerator to be recognized. Is this specific to HD5xxx series, or a generic problem. Were all the chipset / motherboard drivers installed.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Finally the system started :D

But now again there is a small problem..The HD5850 graphics card is not being recognised by the motherboard (and this motherboard calculates the temp and fan speed for all individual units), hence there is a loud beeping noise while booting....Checked out the manual and found that apart from the ATI graphics driver, a special software needs to be downloaded from the Asus website to get this fixed. Just wanted to share this wil anyone if they face the similar prblm.....
Cheers....Anup

What speciall software?? I have an ASUS board and the card works like a charm, I just downloaded the latest catalyst drivers from the ATI site and thats all.....the long beep could be something else, try removing the card and re insert it. And If possible first remove the old GPU drives and then install the card physically with latest drives thereafter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom