Need Graphics card and PSU

I have Hp DX 2255 desktop.
Athlon 64 3500+ 2.2 GHz processor
1.2 GB Ram
VIA k8m890 Motherboard
My SMPS is of 250 wats

1. I want to buy a Graphics card my budget is 4 k
2. SMPS of 450 wats my budget is 2.5 k

I am thinking of buying Gigabyte Superb 460W SMPS GE-R460-V1 .

Please suggest me Graphics card.
Is there any better choice for my budget ?
Or any other products within 7000 Rs ?
Please suggest me.

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

LOL..... :D

HD5770 @ the minimum it costs around 8.5k.

For PSU get a FSP Saga II 500W @ 2.7k

For 4k, get a HD4670 @ 4.6k

*shop.amd.com/US/_layouts/shop/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=HD577AZNFC&region=us-en

if its not available for same cost suggest me any other graphics card.

is 5570 good ?

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@siddarthmallya, your proccy too slow. so max you should get is what Raj pointed. HD4670. anything over it. & your proccy will offer a serious bottleneck.

IronCruz

ICE COOOOL!!!
I said u rite!? Go for basic graphic card or upgrade ur whole sys. Atleast something is better than nothing!

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
the processor wont be damaged dude....just it will become a bottleneck in the performance...
i will say save up some more to get something better....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
OP, get HD4670 512Mb + FSP Saga II 350/400/500W depending upon future upgradibility. spend 1.5k on CM TX3. OC the proccy to 2.8Ghz. than you'll get avg performance. else you'll be stuck in "low details" setting even if your system packs words fastest accelerator.

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Better upgrade the proccy and Motherboard to AMD athlon ii x2 250 @ 3k and Biostar 785G3 HD @ 4k. The Onboard Graphics are good for basic gaming, just hope that your current PSU can run it (It should as its running your current system).

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Better upgrade the proccy and Motherboard to AMD athlon ii x2 250 @ 3k and Biostar 785G3 HD @ 4k. The Onboard Graphics are good for basic gaming, just hope that your current PSU can run it (It should as its running your current system).

nicely put,but i think a psu,400w atleast should be considered.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
imo he should not invest from a low end processor to another low end processor....
he should save up some more to go for a upgrade

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
get HD4670. It will continue to run games for some time, albeit, at low settings. So you can use the card in case you upgrade the rest of the system in future.
FSP saga II 400W will be more than enough for this card, however you can get 500W in case you'd be thinking of a better card or a hexa/octa core processor in future.

Piyush

Lanaya
if OP is considering the upgrade in his mind then he should at least go for x3 instead of x2
dual core era is almost over

for more future proof rig,he should go for x4 alongwith 785g mobo
the IGP is capable of playig most latest games at low -medium settings
meanwhile he can save for GFX card

Nemes!s

Broken In
I think OP should go for
athlon II x4 635 @ 4.7k
Biostar TA785G3 HD @ 4.3k
FSP saga II @ 500W @ 2.5k
Total 11.5k (little overboard but worth it)
the mobo will support his existing DDR2 ram as well...later he can keep updating system... what you say guys

Top Bottom