Need GPU/PSU Suggestion

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Sapphire: Sapphire Technology Web Site

MSI: *www.msi.com/product/vga/R6770-MD1GD5.html#?div=Specification

The sapphire card seems better in terms of clock speed. Please help me out in choosing between the two.

You should choose the card from Sapphire because of: 1. higher stock speed of core clock, 2. higher memory clock speed effectively providing you higher memory bandwidth.

OP
P

puneet87

Broken In
Thanks to everyone for their valuable advice :) , I have decided to buy a SAPPHIRE ATI 6770 1GB DDR5 and a Corsair CX430 power supply.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Make sure it is CX430 V2. Also one positive point for Sapphire is that even for their baseline models they provide custom Cooler design which is efficient than the Reference design, helps a lot to keep the card cool under load and provides hardroom for further overclocking.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Thanks to everyone for their valuable advice :) , I have decided to buy a SAPPHIRE ATI 6770 1GB DDR5 and a Corsair CX430 power supply.

Remember, it is NOT CX430, but it is CX430 V2. Check 'V2' while buying.
The original CX series (i.e. CX V1) were a piece of crap just like CM ones. But CX V2 is good.:cool:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ not all CX v1 had mediocre build quality - CX400 was one of the best budget PSU ;-)

@ OP - I liked the twin frozr more - double the fan double the fun ;-)

Top Bottom