Need expert advise for selecting cabinet for my configuration

Minion

Conversation Architect
Need to purchase a new cabinet

Reason: The current cabinet didn't worked very well last summer and the cheap exhaust fan is creating lot of noise these days.
The current cabinet doesn't support 120mm fan, air flow is not so good, there is only front usb 2.0 working other has stopped working.

My System Configuration:
M/B : Intel DH67CL-B3
Processor: Intel i5 2400
RAM : Corsair 4GB 1333MHZ x 1 ( 1 more 4 GB to be ordered soon)
SMPS : Corsair CX 500 v2
GPU : ATI Radeon HD 5450
HDD : Sata - Seagate 250 GB and WD 320 GB
DVD Writer : HP 24X

Some of the points worth noting:
  1. The system runs 12 hours max at a stretch.
  2. Corsair CX500 v2 has a fan which faces inside the cabinet.
  3. Front USB ports preferred especially USB 3.0 as the back of the cabinet is not accessible easily without pulling out the cabinet.
    I have one usb 3.0 pen drive and bigger portable 1 TB 3.0 drive would be purchased soon.
  4. Cabinet which doesn't accumulate dust is preferred.
    On the other hand, in summer many times the system is operated without AC so cabinet shouldn't get too hot.
  5. I do not have interest and time for highly graphic intensive games so graphics card is not going to be upgraded at least next 7-8 months.
    Even if it is upgraded, then also it wouldn't be very high end.
  6. It would be good if the cabinet is of reasonable size and weight to carry easily.
  7. I do not mind online purchase.

Budget: Under Rs. 3000/-

NZXT Beta Evo

OP
D

djrocky

Broken In
i'd rather move my a$$ and insert the USB 3 device at the back than wasting 1K extra on getting a USB extension cable with the cabby. that 1K saved would get me the 120mm fan pack mentioned above.

and FYI, a plain USB extension cable@Rs50 will work just as fine as the one included in the 311Plus.
yes. i have used a USB 2 cable on a friend's USB 3 HD. gave sppeds @ 50-60MBps minimum. only catch is that the cable lenght has to be short enough.
Option seems practical as this saves lot of cost

NZXT Beta Evo
Not sure if I am able to get this.
^^^ use clipping.
Sorry couldn't get this. Do you mean to say, I can use a extension cable.

Given all the requirements if I exclude usb 3.0 front port, which would be best in all the one's listed with better design, air flow and cable management.
Just to iterate I may not be looking for a high end graphics card since I am not a gaming freak.

Can someone point me to some reviews of the cabinets discussed?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Clipping means to shorten the quote. He had quoted whole of your first post.. :p

and there are almost no reviews of budget cabinets here. but search on google, you will get a good many amount of sites with detailed review and pictures.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
I think flipkart has stopped selling cabinets. Out of 15 items listed, 14 are out of stock.

No. they have not.
If you want to buy bitfenix chassis, contact this guy here via PM: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/members/86960.html
His company is importer of Bitfenix in India. :)

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
thanks for the link!! you bought anything from him?? how are the prices??

btw, checked his posts. One. he active? i mean will he check his inbox??

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Yes, he will check inbox. For prices, refer to Erodov. There are some thread of him in dealers section.

OP
D

djrocky

Broken In
Given all the requirements if I exclude usb 3.0 front port, which would be best in all the one's listed with better design, air flow and cable management.
Just to iterate I may not be looking for a high end graphics card since I am not a gaming freak.
Can someone point me to some reviews of the cabinets discussed?
Experts please help.

Clipping means to shorten the quote. He had quoted whole of your first post.. :p
Thanks

No. they have not.
If you want to buy bitfenix chassis, contact this guy here via PM: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/members/86960.html
His company is importer of Bitfenix in India. :)
Thanks

thanks for the link!! ..
@anirbandd, In some reviews it was mentioned that elite 311 / plus has internal rusting problem and there is not much space for few cables connection. Also, there is not much possibility of having many fans.
Have you decided on something ?

I spoke to some local sellers but there is one CM 310 available and there are some non-branded cabinets which I don't want to try. Still the search is on.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
well, since in kolkata, there are many shops to try,i have short listed these:

1. NZXTGamma
2. NZXT Source 210
3. Bitfenix Merc Alpha
4. NZXT Beta Evo
5. Bitfenix Outlaw

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ I think OP is from Delhi. So there is no point of telling him anything about the availability of chassis at Kolkata.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Yes!!

i saw it @2400 on theitwares/itdepot.. but what to do.. risk of courier service is there..

OP
D

djrocky

Broken In
So what did you buy finally ?

Local market has cheap cabinets (Iball, etc.) and only known cooler master model I could find was elite 310.

One of the person gave me assurance for this week for cooler master products as it was not available last week. Unfortunately those are not available this week as well.
In any case the cabinet would be brought only on order.

One option is to go to Nehru place but I couldn't find time as that would be a day long process. Also, I am unsure if I can get any other brand than cooler master.
I am preferring to get it locally with CM Elite 311 Plus USB 3.0 being slightly preferred as per some comments in this forum.
But the tragedy is I haven't personally seen any of the cabinet mentioned by all you guys and I would have to pre-order.

Similar to @anirbandd, I am also resisting courier option. Some courier options that I have is smcinternational, snapdeal, primeabgb, etc. but many charge extra for shipping.

Another option that I have is to go for good cabinet with 2.0 front ports and later buy usb 3.0 extn. cables at around 300-400/-. I saw many such cables on ebay and other web sites.
Any suggestions ?

OP
D

djrocky

Broken In
Finally I purchased CM Elite 311 Plus @3000/- from local dealer and this serves all the requirements I had.

I didn't see the cabinet in person and ordered after discussing with all of you.
Thank you everyone for guiding me.

Top Bottom