Need Expert advice on DIY for OPO

amjath

Human Spambot
Hi guys,

Yesterday my OPO fell down on a busy street and ran over by truck, cars and bikes. The display is completely broken. I tried turning on after that but the phone is not vibrating.

I took my device to service center today, but he said he tried changing teh battery and boot but no luck. So display and logic board needs to be changed.

So I decided tear down and wanted to run few steps.

1. Tried booting with wall charger but without battery - not heating, not booting
2. Connected battery and no wall charger - no luck, board not heating.
3. Connected battery and wall charger - board heating but not booting.
In all the above cases the rotor on the bottom is not spinning.

Question
1. Why board heats in step 3?
2. I plan to buy the display and battery, how do I make sure the board is perfect. BTW the board looks perfect?
3. In all the above tests, the SIM card is inserted and waited for few minutes and tried dialing my number but it says Switched off all the time. Is that mean the device is completely dead?

Need constructive replies please. Its a replica from OPO forum.

*i.imgur.com/bpM934V.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Bump, guys need help

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Charging circuit might be working. Heat dissipation due to that.

Someone with good knowledge can tell what's the matter.

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
Charging circuit might be working. Heat dissipation due to that.

Someone with good knowledge can tell what's the matter.

Thanks for the info.

If the battery is bent, will that be a problem.

Actually android phones are not booting when there is no battery but connected to wall charger. Tested with my damaged OPO and Samsung S2

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Thanks for the info.

If the battery is bent, will that be a problem.

Actually android phones are not booting when there is no battery but connected to wall charger. Tested with my damaged OPO and Samsung S2

Battery might leak. I am not too sure.

I guess booting needs some resistance in battery terminal so battery is needed.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Oops.. Sorry to hear this bro.. I wish i could help you but i'm completely noob in hardwares.. Did you try posting this on OPO forum and XDA as well??

Did you try connecting to PC ?? Does anything shows up in device manager?

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
Oops.. Sorry to hear this bro.. I wish i could help you but i'm completely noob in hardwares.. Did you try posting this on OPO forum and XDA as well??

Did you try connecting to PC ?? Does anything shows up in device manager?

I wanted to try this. What happens if the phone is connected and not turned on?

Thread is in OPO forum not in XDA yet. posting in XDA as well...

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
I wanted to try this. What happens if the phone is connected and not turned on?

Thread is in OPO forum not in XDA yet. posting in XDA as well...

If its showing in Device manager but not turning on, then its motherboard is alive.. Otherwise everything dead..

Any development ??

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
If its showing in Device manager but not turning on, then its motherboard is alive.. Otherwise everything dead..

Any development ??

I stripped the outer cover of the battery to check the battery, unfortunately the board soldered on top of it is stripped. So ordered one from aliexpress. Still shipping will wait for it to arrive. Will device manager/PC will find without battery.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
I stripped the outer cover of the battery to check the battery, unfortunately the board soldered on top of it is stripped. So ordered one from aliexpress. Still shipping will wait for it to arrive. Will device manager/PC will find without battery.

I guess not!!

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
I received my battery yesterday, I tested it, no sign of notification light, vibration during turn on. I tried connected it to PC, but dont know which process to look at. Any help?

- - - Updated - - -

Update: The process is "windows driver foundation user mode driver framework host process" but it shows when connected by other android not mine [broken opo]

Top Bottom