need excel help

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
hey, i got this query on Excel in my winvistaclub's mailbox...and i dont know much about Excel :

can any1 here pls answer this query and help the person ? i am quoting her mail :

"Congrats on the new website , read news on TOI I have a query I wonder if u will answer it?

I am not able to open Excel files in the Vista spread sheet -the following message appears select the worksheet u want to importwhen i select Total it saysThere was a serious error loading the data. your document appears to be damaged. Works will stop loading the document with what has been read so far please try loading a recent backup copy of this documentOnly a part of the file then opens.

Could u please provide a solution. Thanks."

slugger

Banned
Error message when you try to open a Works database file

happens wen u try 2 open file created in older ver in newr 1

just googled it and pressed I'm feeling lucky

hailgautam

Youngling
I guess anand is talking about excel and not MS Works. May be the file is damaged. One way is to try the MS Office Application Recovery to recover the damaged file.

slugger

Banned
hailgautam said:
I guess anand is talking about excel and not MS Works.
ever heard MS Office tellin u dis

anandk said:
Works will stop loading the document

it is plain and obvious dat d user is tryin 2 open a spredsheet document [either excel or 1 cre8ed in works] and is facin comaptibity issues

another thin dat u cud try is 2 save d original file compatible with correct version of works and den open it in ur own comp runnin works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom