Need complete PC for Animation & Multimedia student @ 80k (No Gaming)

acewin

Point Blanc
I have not checked if it is SATA 3 or not. My point is here at the time of deciding you may have decided on SATA3 but while lacing order or buying in shop be sure to say or ceck if the bought HDD is SATA 3.

To keep in budget and have your needs fulfilled I said get core i5, they are not bad performers, in core to core performance core i5 3570 will be same as core i7 3770.
Performance will be less in hugely threaded (not simple threaded apps but hugely) applications, but over the years these apps have also become GPU intensive rather proccy and core intensive. That is why I said WOW when I saw the perf. difference for V4800 over others in dedicated apps is prety good. core i7 does not give you real edge here, it is more of Good to have added benefit.

If it would have been deciding agains core i3 and core i5 the difference would be huge.

god2007

Right off the assembly line
You people are talking about the hardware prices. But what about the price of the whole list of softwares which the OP mentioned ?. Off-course, pirated software is the answer but it is not good.

Additionally do a student need all these cutting edge softwares during study ?. I think a configuration costing around 50K will be sufficient for a student. Unnecessary expenditure on hardware ( processor + MB +memory) is a shear waste of money.

OP
N

Naxal

Little Kid
Re: Need complete PC for Animation & Multimedia student @ 80k (No Gaming)

iBall has largest of Pen Tablet under my budget frame of Rs. 4500/-.. I think I should be choosing that.. Regarding Core i7 :p, will be taking bashing from her if not choosing a i7 even after spending 83k :p

You people are talking about the hardware prices. But what about the price of the whole list of softwares which the OP mentioned ?. Off-course, pirated software is the answer but it is not good.

Dont worry, software makers don't quite mind students using it in what way :p, since more people learn, more sells it will drive due to the sell to actual industry :p

So please lets not come in that debate and let us stick to the point for which the thread was meant.. ;)

god2007 said:
Additionally do a student need all these cutting edge softwares during study ?. I think a configuration costing around 50K will be sufficient for a student. Unnecessary expenditure on hardware ( processor + MB +memory) is a shear waste of money.

I know very well that a 1/3 priced PC too will run the things as for now, but this investment is done with point in mind that this particular field of expense will not see further expansion budget for next 5 year so i need a config which will run things in next 5 years time too..

vkl

Cyborg Agent
What god2007 stated is right.There is nothing to make fun of.I don't know why people don't want to pay for softwares.
If one doesn't want to pay for software then he/she should use alternative freewares if available.

OP
N

Naxal

Little Kid
What god2007 stated is right.There is nothing to make fun of.I don't know why people don't want to pay for softwares.
If one doesn't want to pay for software then he/she should use alternative freewares if available.

Please note, there is nothing wrong in debate for software price, pay or not pay or such things, however I am sorry to point but the discussion is off topic to the thread.

I have specifically requested help for a hardware only configuration. I may or may not have budget or plan for software but that is not the point of this discussion, hence I request all not drive down to the debate of to or not to pay for software.

No hard feelings.

following hardware configuration is by far my selection,

Intel 3rd Gen Core i7 3770 / 3.90 GHz / LGA1155 -> Rs. 20,000
Intel Original DH77EB / LGA1155 / SATA3 / USB3 -> Rs. 7,200
Cooler Master Hyper 212 / EVO / 120mm -> Rs. 2,200
16GB (2x8) DDR3 1600MHz Corsiar Vengence -> Rs. 7,200
Western Digital (WD) 1TB / SATA 3.0 (6 GBPS) / 64MB Buffer / 7200 RPM -> Rs. 5,200
ATI / AMD FirePro v4800 / 1GB GDDR5 / PCI-E 2.0 -> Rs. 10,700
Any DVD RW -> Rs. 1,000
Corsiar VS450 / 450w / PCI-E Connector -> Rs. 2,600
Cooler Master Elit 310 -> Rs. 2,200
IPS / Super PLS Based LED 22" - 23" -24" Panel / 3 yr warrenty onsite / (Max budget 15k) -> Rs. 15,000
iBall 8060U Pen Tablet -> Rs. 4,500
Microsoft or Logitech Combo (Under PS2 Interface) -> Rs. 1,000
Creative or Altek 2.1 -> Rs. 2,500
APC UPS -> Rs. 2,200

Total -> Rs. 83,500/-

Thanks

vkl

Cyborg Agent
^^My point is that one just can't justify piracy in a public forum.

Anyway,all the best with the config.

OP
N

Naxal

Little Kid
^^My point is that one just can't justify piracy in a public forum.

Anyway,all the best with the config.

No one justified anything, illegal actions by court of law cant be justified anywhere, be it public or private. However, the point of piracy should not have arrived at all since the discussion was about hardware and in hardware only section.

I dont want to end up messing my effort to find right use of 80k in a debate over piracy..

Sorry again..

acewin

Point Blanc
for mouse keyboard do not go for PS2 interface.
And just to be clear on my end, because generally on public forums users nicked like god come spam and go off. Always blazing warning for different issues. Always feels more like a bot to me.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
I really suggest you look at the Intel 3rd Gen Core i5 3570 /3.5 GHz, its about 6k cheaper than the Intel 3rd Gen Core i7 3770........

OP
N

Naxal

Little Kid
I really suggest you look at the Intel 3rd Gen Core i5 3570 /3.5 GHz, its about 6k cheaper than the Intel 3rd Gen Core i7 3770........

But its Core i5 compare to the model selected here ??

Any particular reason for your suggestion since Core i7 is a better processor than Core i5 series right ??

vkl

Cyborg Agent
^^The i7 3770k would be around 15-20% faster in renderings(like POV ray rendering) due to hyper-threading.

OP
N

Naxal

Little Kid
^^The i7 3770k would be around 15-20% faster in renderings(like POV ray rendering) due to hyper-threading.

Just to put up a note, there is a price difference of Rs. 1.5k between the Core i7 3770K and Core i7 3770

I was told the K processors are for over clockers where as I wont over clock, is this processor faster than 3770 or they are the same when running with Intel board with no OC ??

dan4u

Took Off!!!
But its Core i5 compare to the model selected here ??

Any particular reason for your suggestion since Core i7 is a better processor than Core i5 series right ??

the core i7 is about 15% quicker in certain applications, basically the i5 can do everything the i7 does, it'll take a little more time to complete the task, that's all, since its for animation study purposes I'd suggest the i5.

OP
N

Naxal

Little Kid

^^Without overclock both are same

Thanks..

the core i7 is about 15% quicker in certain applications, basically the i5 can do everything the i7 does, it'll take a little more time to complete the task, that's all, since its for animation study purposes I'd suggest the i5.

Thanks for the info.

OP
N

Naxal

Little Kid
I have got quotations from my local computer stores, one thing is that Wacom Bamboo series pen tablet is available in local market. So i want to know, which model should i be going with in budget of Rs. 4500~~ ??

Local computer dealers are saying iBall 8060U is not compatible with applications like Max / maya !!

How true is that ??

The build is coming at around 77/78k compare to online price of 83.5k. Hopefully would be able to get little more bargain on the price, planning to get it this Monday :)

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!

@ Naxal:
Had a few suggestions for you:
1. The 2x8 GB Corsair Vengence you're investing in seems to me like a waste of money. IMO, 12 GB RAM will be more than enough for the application the PC will be in and you should consider buying 3 or 4 sticks of 4GB each, which are comparatively cheaper than 8GB sticks, and you'll still be saving somewhere between 1-1.2K (even if you go with 16 GB RAM). What I can see at the intel site is that this board has 4 RAM slots.
2. I'll suggest you to check out Nvidia Quadro GPU's too. AFAIK, the Nvidia Quadro's are better than the AMD's solutions. Some links to help you decide:
a. Benchmarks Workstation Graphics 2012
b. Quadro FX 580 or Firepro V4800. for simulation, budget $200 - Graphics-Cards - Graphic-Displays
c. Nvidia Quadro FX vs. ATI FirePro: Professional Graphics Accelerators Roundup - X-bit labs
d. *forums.autodesk.com/t5/Hardware/ATI-FirePro-V4800-vs-NVIDIA-Quadro-600/td-p/3032504
e. *forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2011/NVIDIA-Quadro-600-or-ATI-FirePro-V4800/td-p/2942012
f. Nvidia Quadro FX vs. ATI FirePro: Professional Graphics Accelerators Roundup. Page 24 - X-bit labs
g. [VRZ] Why AMD FirePro Still Cannot Compete Against NVIDIA Quadro, Old or New?
h. Comparisons And Applications : Workstation Shootout: Nvidia Quadro 5000 Vs. ATI FirePro V8800
i. Need Advice: Quadro (Fermi) or FirePro? - AnandTech Forums
j. Best Graphics Cards September - 2012 (you can compare cards with their 3D mark scores here)​
3. For the Digitizer, I'll suggest checkout the Wacom's lineup of Digitizers. AFAIK, they are the world leaders in digitizers.

Hope this helps.:)

acewin

Point Blanc
4 RAM slots with max support of 32 GB, it may be a waste for folks who think of buying a new rig every year but it is fine if you want to use it for long duration. 1.2 K extra spent now saves up getting RAMs wasted later on.
Also, as per what I have heard here in is G-Skill 8 GB RAMs are better than corsair ones
really Wacoms are most bought and the best pen tablets

OP
N

Naxal

Little Kid

@CyberKID

RAM

This system wont be over clocking, hence I can cut down RAM from OC series to Value series but 8x2 GB seems to be not much costlier and when this system will not going to be touched in next 5 years for any update or upgrade whats so ever, I want to be future proof.

So should I select any value series, if yes then suggest make and model.

Wacom issue

I need a make and model within 4.5k, would be grateful if some one please pin points it for me. since my self having really no idea about the device.

Grfx Card

Which one (make and model) will you be suggesting over v4800 ??

acewin said:
4 RAM slots with max support of 32 GB, it may be a waste for folks who think of buying a new rig every year but it is fine if you want to use it for long duration

This system will not going to be touched for any major update or upgrade for next 5 years, there wont be any major budget for it.

acewin said:
really Wacoms are most bought and the best pen tablets

I need a make and model suggestion within 4.5k budget of mine :(

Top Bottom