Need complete PC for Animation & Multimedia student @ 80k (No Gaming)

vkl

Cyborg Agent
^^The thing is firepro cards offer better performance for the price.V3900 and v4800 performance is close.
In the link that I posted V3900 is much faster in catia,ensight,maya,siemens nx,solidworks than the quadro 600.In siemens TCVIX v3900 is just slightly faster.In case of PRO/Engineer the quadro 600 is somewhat faster.Overall v3900 is fast in majority of things.If you want even more performance then try finding a v4900 which performs close to v5800 and in some cases beats it.If available then v4900 should cost around 14-15k

Last edited:

acewin

Point Blanc
Re: Need complete PC for Animation & Multimedia student @ 80k (No Gaming)

to be correct its going in a loop now
Check these offerings, there are not much options
Pen Tablets (Wacom)
Checked on ebay
Wacom Bamboo One Medium Pen Tablet CTE-660(1Yr Warr)Co.Sealed Box with Bill | eBay

I do not see many places where they(pen tablets) are listed, ebay was easy to check. as I had said earlier idea is to get the biggest surface size you can get.
you will have to do a little market survey and availability.
From ebay's listing it is CTE-660 which I will suggest.

Actual prices from Wacom's site -- also all the products are listed
Wacom Products Price List in India | Wacom | Wacom Indiaas I understand peopl do not like doing calculations on their own
217 mm = 8.54 inch
137 mm = 5.4 inch
147 mm = 5.78 inch
92 mm = 3.63 inch

about RAMs I meant the same as you referring to, there were no proper sentence end points or breaks in what I wrote
so putting it again
it is better to spend 1.2K extra in getting 2 RAM chips than spending less in getting 4 RAM chips and filling up the DIMM slots; that is when and if system has to be used for long time as it may happen some time later you may want to increase the RAM.

about gfx cards as well, (had to read my sentence again and add the comma) as vkl pointed out => you take what is available and also is in your price range. Even though V4900 would be highly recommended their market availability is questionable

ok got a better listing of wacom for you
*www.infibeam.com/Computers_Accessories/search?q=wacom

OP
N

Naxal

Little Kid

^^The thing is firepro cards offer better performance for the price.V3900 and v4800 performance is close.
In the link that I posted V3900 is much faster in catia,ensight,maya,siemens nx,solidworks than the quadro 600.In siemens TCVIX v3900 is just slightly faster.In case of PRO/Engineer the quadro 600 is somewhat faster.Overall v3900 is fate in majority of things.If you want even more performance then try finding a v4900 which performs close to v5800 and in some cases beats it.If available then v4900 should cost around 14-15k

I got quote for FirePro v4800 1GB GDDR5 at around 9.5k.. I have not inquired about v3900 since no one suggested..

Will be checking the price on the day I plan to purchase, that's monday. Do you mean I should be opting for FirePro v3900 over v4800 ?? how much is the price ??

v4900 will be over budget :(

to be correct its going in a loop now
Check these offerings, there are not much options
Pen Tablets (Wacom)
Checked on ebay
Wacom Bamboo One Medium Pen Tablet CTE-660(1Yr Warr)Co.Sealed Box with Bill | eBay

I do not see many places where they(pen tablets) are listed, ebay was easy to check. as I had said earlier idea is to get the biggest surface size you can get.
you will have to do a little market survey and availability.
From ebay's listing it is CTE-660 which I will suggest.

Actual prices from Wacom's site -- also all the products are listed
Wacom Products Price List in India | Wacom | Wacom Indiaas I understand peopl do not like doing calculations on their own
217 mm = 8.54 inch
137 mm = 5.4 inch
147 mm = 5.78 inch
92 mm = 3.63 inch

about RAMs I meant the same as you referring to, there were no proper sentence end points or breaks in what I wrote
so putting it again
it is better to spend 1.2K extra in getting 2 RAM chips than spending less in getting 4 RAM chips and filling up the DIMM slots; that is when and if system has to be used for long time as it may happen some time later you may want to increase the RAM.

about gfx cards as well, (had to read my sentence again and add the comma) as vkl pointed out => you take what is available and also is in your price range. Even though V4900 would be highly recommended their market availability is questionable

ok got a better listing of wacom for you
*www.infibeam.com/Computers_Accessories/search?q=wacom

Local dealers were calling some number and getting the price for Wacom, 3700 / 3500 is quoted but they were not sure about the model. All they said, "Bamboo le lijiye, iBall se bariya hye" :p So no idea about its size or model number hence confused :(

About grfx card, people here pointed out for ATI FirePro v4800 hence asked and it was available that too within my price bucket :)

vkl

Cyborg Agent
^^v4800 is fine.v3900 is also ok.

v4900 is over budget but provides excellent performance for the price.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
@ Naxal: IMO, value series RAM's would suffice the requirement the above said rig would be in. AFAIK, the OC series are primarily aimed at enthusiasts and high level gamers. These RAM's offer the flexibility to fiddle around with RAM timings, frequencies, chip voltages, etc, much more to an extent the value series (read mainstream) sticks do.
IMO, any of the today's mainstream PC's with a dedicated sub 15K mid level GFX card (much better off in an SLI or CrossFireX mode) would let you do all the tasks, you mentioned.
Since the tasks you've mentioned include graphics intensive applications, I'll suggest you better invest in a good graphics card (preferably from the professional series - Quadro offered by Nvidia or the FirePro offered by AMD). The reviews/comparisions I read, most of them suggest that hardware wise, both are head on, but it's the software, which lets down the AMD FirePro's. Practically I have no experience with Dedicated Graphics cards as in my last 8 years of computing I've never used one in my systems, so, I won't be able to suggest you which one should you choose.

As far as the OC series of RAM go, I'll suggest you to look for these:
1. Corsair Dominator
2. Gskill Ripjaws
3. Kingston HyperX.

OP
N

Naxal

Little Kid

CyberKid said:
IMO, any of the today's mainstream PC's with a dedicated sub 15K mid level GFX card (much better off in an SLI or CrossFireX mode) would let you do all the tasks, you mentioned.

She will never play game, she never played any game till now which needs a grfx card :p otherwise I thought of adding ATI 7770 or 6850 type solution. So lets use the money for actual need by getting a Pro series card for her actual use :)

CyberKid said:
@ Naxal: IMO, value series RAM's would suffice the requirement the above said rig would be in. AFAIK, the OC series are primarily aimed at enthusiasts and high level gamers. These RAM's offer the flexibility to fiddle around with RAM timings, frequencies, chip voltages, etc, much more to an extent the value series (read mainstream) sticks do.

At least in website, I dont see any value series 8GB single module listed, so selected what I can see, I would be asking for value series 8GB module if they have :(

^^v4800 is fine.v3900 is also ok.

v4900 is over budget but provides excellent performance for the price.

Thanks, will be taking the v4800.

following hardware configuration is by far my selection,

Intel 3rd Gen Core i7 3770 / 3.90 GHz / LGA1155 -> Rs. 20,000
Intel Original DH77EB / LGA1155 / SATA3 / USB3 -> Rs. 7,200
Cooler Master Hyper 212 / EVO / 120mm -> Rs. 2,200
16GB (2x8) DDR3 1600MHz Corsiar Vengence -> Rs. 7,200
Western Digital (WD) 1TB / SATA 3.0 (6 GBPS) / 64MB Buffer / 7200 RPM -> Rs. 5,200
ATI / AMD FirePro v4800 / 1GB GDDR5 / PCI-E 2.0 -> Rs. 10,700
Any DVD RW -> Rs. 1,000
Corsiar VS450 / 450w / PCI-E Connector -> Rs. 2,600
Cooler Master Elit 310 -> Rs. 2,200
Dell 23" IPS based panel -> Rs. 15,000
Bamboo or iBall 8060U Pen Tablet -> Rs. 4,500
Microsoft or Logitech Combo (Under PS2 Interface) -> Rs. 1,000
Creative or Altek 2.1 -> Rs. 2,500
APC UPS -> Rs. 2,200

Total -> Rs. 83,500/- / local price is coming at around 77/78k

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
It's not that you can't use the so called gaming graphics cards for animation. IMO, it's just like companies charge you the premium with such aimed at professional brandings and nothing more than that.
I'll suggest checkout this link Best Graphics Cards September - 2012 and please do remember to select Workstation Graphics to compare, and you could just see and compare the standings of the one you've selected and others.

OP
N

Naxal

Little Kid

Thanks all for helping out, I did the purchase today..

One last time product increase happened, purchased one Scanner (Canon LiDE 110) also with the config.. Went with local shop, over all, it felt much much cheaper than any online store prices..

*i50.tinypic.com/fz245z.jpg

Total came Rs. 79.5k :)

The mighty RiG :D

*i50.tinypic.com/24qsrdd.jpg

OP
N

Naxal

Little Kid
Congos for the purchase:clap2::doublethumb::doogone:. Do let us know your reviews of the rig.

Thank you :D

There are no fancy hardware :p no OC, all will always be stock settings, what to write in review :(

One more thing, there was a 7k price difference, from any online store !!! That is almost 10% of the order value !! :shock: And i thought purchasing online will be cheaper :(

Last edited:

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!

You've got a hell lot of a rig. 80K is not less. One can get 2 or 3 of them in that amount. So, a review is a must IMO. And who says you can review only fancy HW? What we want is the performance-price ratings of the HW you got, what acc to you is bottlenecking the system performance in that rig and if possible, please post benchmark results, the Win7/8 WEI scores, etc.

I know that this rig will be used by your sis, but who says you can't play games on that, afterall your sis will not be using it 24x7?:hyper:

OP
N

Naxal

Little Kid

You've got a hell lot of a rig. 80K is not less. One can get 2 or 3 of them in that amount. So, a review is a must IMO.

I will try :p

And who says you can review only fancy HW?

Forum is full of review about hifi hardwares I see :(

What we want is the performance-price ratings of the HW you got, what acc to you is bottlenecking the system performance in that rig and if possible, please post benchmark results, the Win7/8 WEI scores, etc.

Ok.. Will keep that in mind

I know that this rig will be used by your sis, but who says you can't play games on that, afterall your sis will not be using it 24x7?:hyper:

That is a different ball game all together :(

Sorry to say, but dont you have a bro or sis ?? If yes, then I am sure you are aware of those in home politics, "this is mine, that is yours" :p, "Stay away from my stuff, or give me that from your desk" :-x type things ??

Coming to the point,

I am facing some problems :(

Today got some free time unexpectedly so tried to put the thing together !! But run into many small problems..

Firstly with the CPU+Mobo+Cooler thing :(

*i49.tinypic.com/2zqbred.jpg

*i47.tinypic.com/3cw2q.jpg

*i48.tinypic.com/ar2xj.jpg

This 212 evo installation is not at all as easy as ThermalRight Ultra 120 eXtreme I have with me.. It took me almost 2 hours to get it fixed properly but that too it seems I had to move the default chassis fan from rear to the side (open case side) of the cabinet for a proper air flow as per my understanding..

*i50.tinypic.com/9tlta1.jpg

If I place the fan on otherside, it is blocking the RAM slots !!

Rest was pretty straight forward but got stuck again with power cables, since both the Display (Dell U2312HM) and Corsair VS450 (PSU) default given cable is not compatible with my wall socket or APC UPS given socket :hissyfit:

*i45.tinypic.com/28c10k9.jpg

I dont understand, those el cheapo PSU or Display comes with normal socket and where they change for premium products, there they create more problem for us :punch:

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!

That's the problem with the CM CPU coolers and the Corsair VS450.
I bought the CM Hyper TX3 and the CPU Cooler Retention clips (the plastic ones) were a nightmare to fix the cooler with the mobo. Had to shift the fan too, but the good thing is that you can easily shift those and moreover, you get the space to attach one more fan with these coolers.
The Corsair VS450 I got had the same International Socket. Though, it is a good quality one (materials + fuse in the socket itself), sadly, it's not compatible with most of the sockets we use here in India. I too had to keep the bundled cable away as I couldn't put the cable in my UPS.

That's the problem with the CM CPU coolers and the Corsair VS450.
I bought the CM Hyper TX3 and the CPU Cooler Retention clips (the plastic ones) were a nightmare to fix the cooler with the mobo. Had to shift the fan too, but the good thing is that you can easily shift those and moreover, you get the space to attach one more fan with these coolers.
The Corsair VS450 I got had the same International Socket. Though, it is a good quality one (materials + fuse in the socket itself), sadly, it's not compatible with most of the sockets we use here in India. I too had to keep the bundled cable away as I couldn't put the cable in my UPS.

OP
N

Naxal

Little Kid
Whats the point of good quality and build when its not usable ??

Not happy with Corsair, you should have pointed this too, no one me warned in this thread :(, would have selected some other brand then.

I will pay money to bring problem ?? not a wise decision to buy Corsair i guess.. Same goes on with Dell also, product sold in India with premium price tag brings more problem than anything else :-x

Have to be in market again for these silly things.. :evil:

acewin

Point Blanc

are they chinese socket pins.
you will get in 20-30 bucks Cona (company name) Toto (model name) which is a pin adapter/converter

also otherwise you can get a spike buster of decent quality in 300-400 bucks which provide connection for chinese japenes american mexican all type of sockets :p

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
@ Naxal: As I said above, this is a design widely accepted (BS 1363) and has a fuse in case anything goes wrong, and since this is an imported model (like most of our PC components), it's likely to be what is mostly widely accepted.
As far as warning about the power cord goes, IMO, it's not such a big issue (as most of us do own a power strip + Indians are better in Jugaad), and if you were looking for a PSU for so long you probably might have looked it at flipkart and there someone has pointed it out in his/her review, so no point blaming others :-x if you too missed that.
I'll not suggest you use an adaptor as there's a possibility of loose connection, thus creating problem. You can go on to buy a separate PC power cord which might cost you around 50 bucks, else, as acewin suggested, go for a so called "spike buster" or an extension cord look for one with a fuse.
Doesn't the APC UPS have supporting socket? I thought it might be having one.

acewin

Point Blanc
APC's coming in India do not have support for square pins, only the regular round pins generally called Indian connector.
I myself am using a spike buster cum extension cord. The one I am using is a heavy wire which supports 16A (on the wire's specs it is written 10A, just giving an example how we ted to over use things :), I run my 1800W iron on this LOL). Its name is Super Pro model SP-406 bought in price range of 300-375 (I have got 3 of them different length, different socket provided, also bought 2 others for few other friends, and this weekend will buy one for my cousin), if you do not have India made good products then get BELKIN spike busters.

And yes you can buy separate power cords as well, but in long run you will see spike busters are beneficial as we cannot keep buying adapters or a new power cable all the time.

OP
N

Naxal

Little Kid

@ Naxal: As I said above, this is a design widely accepted (BS 1363) and has a fuse in case anything goes wrong, and since this is an imported model (like most of our PC components), it's likely to be what is mostly widely accepted.

Most of th power socket I know are the same as we find in wall and they were not compatible with this product !!!

As far as warning about the power cord goes, IMO, it's not such a big issue (as most of us do own a power strip + Indians are better in Jugaad), and if you were looking for a PSU for so long you probably might have looked it at flipkart and there someone has pointed it out in his/her review, so no point blaming others :-x if you too missed that.

I was not clever enough to read review in FlipKart and put together a config like this. It needed expert opinion hence came down here for suggestions and warnings to learn and spend the money well..

Not blaming, but expressing my frustration as took out time from schedule to assemble the RiG but even after that much amount of money spent, I still had to turn to Jugad policy :(

I'll not suggest you use an adaptor as there's a possibility of loose connection, thus creating problem. You can go on to buy a separate PC power cord which might cost you around 50 bucks, else, as acewin suggested, go for a so called "spike buster" or an extension cord look for one with a fuse.

That is the point I was trying to make, I wished this suggestion came from anyone before purchase then I would have had the system at one go..

Doesn't the APC UPS have supporting socket? I thought it might be having one.

APC 600 VA is having normal Indian socket !!

APC's coming in India do not have support for square pins, only the regular round pins generally called Indian connector.
I myself am using a spike buster cum extension cord. The one I am using is a heavy wire which supports 16A (on the wire's specs it is written 10A, just giving an example how we ted to over use things :), I run my 1800W iron on this LOL). Its name is Super Pro model SP-406 bought in price range of 300-375 (I have got 3 of them different length, different socket provided, also bought 2 others for few other friends, and this weekend will buy one for my cousin), if you do not have India made good products then get BELKIN spike busters.

And yes you can buy separate power cords as well, but in long run you will see spike busters are beneficial as we cannot keep buying adapters or a new power cable all the time.

I am buying separate power cord. near by store only had power cord, no adepter !!

I personally felt XMS2 heat sinks were much better compare to this vengeance, though I not over clocking but going by the material quality, it looks / feels more like show off compare to XMS2 I am having..

*i49.tinypic.com/v5lt7s.jpg

Top Bottom