need best config for 35k desktop

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
hey guys have budget of like 30-35k desktop
i am a huge movie buff and net surfing type user. so will go for a 24" full hd monitor so please recommend a good monitor for that.
after that i guess some 23k or so would be left.
please suggest me best config for that price.
a dedicated graphics card would be preferable.

also suggest from some future proofing point of view as this computer will be in use for quite some years.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Processor: Athlon II X3 435 2.9GHz @ 4k (if possible go for X4 620/630)
Motherboard: Biostar TA785G3 HD: 4.3k (140W processor support)
Ram: Transcend 2GB DDR3 1333MHz C9 @ 2.9k
Hard Disk: Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB @ 3.6k
Graphics Card: Sapphire HD5670 512MB GDDR5 Artic Cooling @ 5.3k (will need as monitor is 24")
PSU: FSP Saga II 400W: 2.1k
Cabinet: Cooler Master Elite 310 @ 1.5k
Monitor: BenQ 24" G2420 FULL HD LCD Monitor @ 11.3k (Dell will be costly)

total: 35k. can go for lower end card but the price will hardly get reduced lot. if u want skip & get a cheaper card, get any card based on HD5450 with 512Mb memory (DDR2).

OP
T

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
@Sam thanks for the reply
more conifgs welcome

also i prefer Intel somewhat. so which should i go for in intel. but i want to get best bang for my buck so if for that i have to go with amd i am fine with that. but if intel possible then better.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@Sam thanks for the reply
more conifgs welcome

also i prefer Intel somewhat. so which should i go for in intel. but i want to get best bang for my buck so if for that i have to go with amd i am fine with that. but if intel possible then better.

with Intel, u'll be forced skip the graphics card and settle for i3. combine it with a good H55 & u close to X3 + 785G + graphics card cost. if u go intel i'll say good & get the highend. they'll give performance + Value for money. if settling for i3s, better look towards AMD. will sell u double the number of cores :smile:

mavihs

Techie By Heart
Processor: Athlon II X3 435 2.9GHz @ 4k (if possible go for X4 620/630)
Motherboard: Biostar TA785G3 HD: 4.3k (140W processor support)
Ram: Transcend 2GB DDR3 1333MHz C9 @ 2.9k
Go for GSkill 2GB DDR3 1333MHz CL9
Hard Disk: Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB @ 3.6k
1TB Seagate......heard WD Green has been having lots of problem these days also its performance isn't that good for installing OS on it!
Graphics Card: Sapphire HD5670 512MB GDDR5 Artic Cooling @ 5.3k (will need as monitor is 24")
PSU: FSP Saga II 400W: 2.1k
Cabinet: Cooler Master Elite 310 @ 1.5k
if you can find NZXT Gamma then go for that
Monitor: BenQ 24" G2420 FULL HD LCD Monitor @ 11.3k (Dell will be costly)

Alternatively you can also go for

Mobo: Biostar TA890GXE(has onboard graphics & will run HD movies without any problem) *www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=474
+
Bio-Remote - (as your a movie buff) *www.thinkdigit.com/Parts-Periphera...Bio-Remote-for-Windows-Media-Center_4543.html
-you'll have to go without a discrete graphic card!

ajai5777

Youngling
No need of going for 890 board.Its only Athlon II.
I would suggest going for Athlon II X4 630 + Bio* TA785G3 HD
Change 1TB HDD to 500GB so 1k saved spent it on proccy to get Athlon II X4 630.
HDD upgrade in future is a simple thing but Proccy upgrade isnt.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
since you are a movie buff, I would recommend a 1 TB HDD considering the position of my HDD. it really fills up very fast with full HD movies. I would suggest you go for a 24 bit monitor (IPS Panel) as it gives the best quality movie experience. however that might not fit in your budget.
Also I think you would need sound to watch movies, but speakers are missing in the above config. So I guess you would need to save on the motherboard, RAM & gfx card to fit the speakers. And yes, a future proof intel PC for 35k cannot become reality in the near future. so go for AMD (Phenom II X4).

Piyush

Lanaya
No need of going for 890 board.Its only Athlon II.
I would suggest going for Athlon II X4 630 + Bio* TA785G3 HD
Change 1TB HDD to 500GB so 1k saved spent it on proccy to get Athlon II X4 630.
HDD upgrade in future is a simple thing but Proccy upgrade isnt.
very well said

OP
T

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
hey guys. i had exam for the past few days so didnt buy the computer till now. am gonna buy it in a week or so.
are there any new releases which could change the above config. or is it good.
and i am still a little hesistant to go for amd as i have always used intel.
can some one tell to which intel procc is Athlon II X3 435 2.9GHz @ 4k (if possible go for X4 620/630) comparable to? i mean intel dual core or quad core or i3 or i7?

also i will buy from lamington only mostly. any tips for which shop to buy or other shopping tips?
thanks all.

Piyush

Lanaya
hey guys. i had exam for the past few days so didnt buy the computer till now. am gonna buy it in a week or so.
are there any new releases which could change the above config. or is it good.
and i am still a little hesistant to go for amd as i have always used intel.
can some one tell to which intel procc is Athlon II X3 435 2.9GHz @ 4k (if possible go for X4 620/630) comparable to? i mean intel dual core or quad core or i3 or i7?

also i will buy from lamington only mostly. any tips for which shop to buy or other shopping tips?
thanks all.
man u wont have any problems with the "new" AMD proccys
and if u still wanna get the intel one, i'm telling u that it wont give the same performance as the AMD 3 cores will be giving u

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
You have a very simple way out, just remove the graphics card from the system & replace the processor & motherboard with Intel ones. It will cost the same.

Don't tell me that performance will take a huge hit, I already know that. But since you are not comfortable with AMD & have a meager 35k budget, how can you expect a PC with Intel processor & also a graphics card?

As far as comparisons are concerned, core i5 quad cores will easily be comparable to Athlon II X4s (only in performance, not in price. price will be at least 1.5 times)

pulsar_swift

Youngling
core i5 quadcores > Phenom II X4s in terms of performance and price :D. For watching movies are surfing the internet why do we need quadcore ? A simple Phenom II X2 will do :)

OP
T

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
ok thanks guys i will go for amd only then probably. and

thanks all.

Piyush

Lanaya

thanks all.
1 tip from my side-dont listen to the shopkeeper's suggestions

pulsar_swift

Youngling

thanks all.
Primeabgb is in Lamington road. Don't go and ask suggestions there. Finalize your config here and then go there. You will get decent pricing.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
for the processor is AMD phenom II 555BE better? i heard somewhere its for around 4.8k? is it true?

stick to X4 as X2's will be rendered useless by next year. also as you not into gaming, so performance from X2 or X4 will be same. get X4. Athlon II X4.

Top Bottom