Need backup software for Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen Alter

Broken In
Hi, can anyone recommend a software program to back up my Win Vista computer so that my files are not lost if the computer crashes. I’d like to be able to keep them on my NAS in the same structure as they are on my computer. That way I can easily access them if needed on the NAS.
Ideally if I can schedule it to run once a week or so that'd be handy too.

Minion

Conversation Architect
if you are using Seagate drive then go for this
see this
| Seagate
if using western Digital go for this
see this
WD Support

These are free and easy to use.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - use this :

Download TaskZip 2.10.0002 Free - Automatically archives specified files and folders into a single zip file - Softpedia

OP
Stephen Alter

Stephen Alter

Broken In
topgear,
thanks for the suggestion, I looked through the review of TaskZip but I think that I prefer to make a whole OS Image backup so that if a crash happens, I can restore it easily.

Minion,
yes the drive is Seagate but I'm not sure that the link you posted is a backup program...well maybe I'm wrong I know I am not very good at this, hope I won't look like a complete newbie :D

I'm currently looking into the trials of several backup programs (I somehow rely more on paid products they usually have good support)...is there any other backup software you'd recommend?

Minion

Conversation Architect
Yes, it is a backup program and it is easier to use than most other out there before you I have been looking for imaging software so i searched over Internet believe me its the best one i have found so far.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Stephen Alter - if you want to create an image os the entire OS partition then the link Minion has posted ( Disc Wizard ) is your best bet - just install it and it will let you create a bootable backup CD - this bootable CD is based on Acronis True Image which is one of the best backup app but with disc wizard you are getting it for free ;-)

OP
Stephen Alter

Stephen Alter

Broken In
Thanks to both for the advice!! I'm still not a very firm believer that free software is an option I would choose. I've had some bad experience with free programs in the past so I started avoiding it.

I talked to a friend of mine yesterday (he's in the IT business) and he said that he uses Praetorian Guard and likes it. He's actually using it for different kinds of operations including backing up. So I decided to download the trial because the price suits me and we'll see how it goes. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Just try seagate Disk Wizard backup program ie Acronic True Image for once .. it will change your experience ;-)

If you still want to pay then check this out :
Complete hard disk recovery solution, backup, drive copy, clone and image computer software

Minion

Conversation Architect
Days are gone when you have to buy software because free are not enough or very difficult to use now some of the free software are even better than paid one like VLC,MPC-home cinema,Avast,foxit reader,orbit download manager,AVG,Unthreat antivirus,Tweaknow power pack and lot more.

Disc WIzard is OEM version of Acronis backup So try this out before wasting money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom