Need android phone ~14k

Dastan

Broken In
1. Budget?- 14k
2. Display type and size?- touch , 4"+
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?-bar
4. Preferred choice of brand?-None
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).-touch
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.5mp+, AF
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).-Android
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?-browsing/gaming/cam/music
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?Xperia m/Xperia L
12. Any other info that you want to share- I can buy only locally so moto phones are not an option , please don't suggest . I've have read other similar theads but my budget is strictly 14k - can't be incraesed by even 1k so the likes of Lg l9 are also out of the equation.I've looked into Lg l7 but its basically moto E with double price so not worth IMO . Am confused between Xperia m and L though - i don't know which has better SOC or if they're the same .Also i heard Xperia L has multi touch issues and other bugs and stuck at 4.2.2 so if any owner can comment in on these issues i'llbe greatfull.
Amopen to other options as well , also please let me know if there will be any new arrivals in the price range soon(within a month or so)

HBK007

Journeyman
You can take a look at the following:-
Huawei Honor 3C: Huawei Honor 3C Price in India - Buy Huawei Honor 3C White Online - Huawei: Flipkart.com
Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro: Samsung I8552 - Galaxy Grand Quattro Price in India - Buy Samsung I8552 - Galaxy Grand Quattro Ceramic White 8 GB Online - Samsung: Flipkart.com

ashs1

Padawan
Among Xperia L And Xperia M, Xperia L has better processor and camera..yes, the 4.2.2 on Xperia L does have some multi-touch issues as well as proximity sensor issues, but, if you're planning to root, CM11 is available for Xperia L.
Hopefully, these issues will be sorted out in the upcoming 4.3 update (rumour)..no news of 4.4 for Xperia L :(

OP
D

Dastan

Broken In
Thanks all

[MENTION=201030]HBK007[/MENTION] Quattro is cortex A5 which is good for nothing AFAIK, feel free to correct me if i am wrong. The honor 3C does look good on paper but i don't know if I'll be able to buy it locally.

[MENTION=173432]ashs1[/MENTION] what exactly is the issue with multi touch and proximity and are you sure it's a software bug and not hardware related? And yes I've been using androids for a while now i know my way around unlocking bootloaders and installing roms but can you confirm that these issues are non existent on cm.

[MENTION=121890]kaz[/MENTION] ya l90 looks really good but the max i can wait is 20~30 odd days and I don't think price will come down much by that time,,, let's see.

kaz

right here
[MENTION=281792]Dastan[/MENTION] see in stores you might get it for 15k after hell lots of bargain because on snapdeal one can get it for 14872rs. using SBI cashback scheme.

OP
D

Dastan

Broken In
didn't read this part :oops:

so, why can't you buy it online? use Cash on delivery option for payment. :)

Firstly my parents (Yes they have to agree!!!) are not fans of online shopping. Secondly even if i manage to convince them fasting for a week - flippy is not providing COD to anywhere in Kerala. Thirdly I've been stuck with galaxy y for almost 4 years now and can't wait more.
Btw thanks for your suggestion i do know that moto g is the best buy in this price segment :/

HBK007

Journeyman
Thanks all

[MENTION=201030]HBK007[/MENTION] Quattro is cortex A5 which is good for nothing AFAIK, feel free to correct me if i am wrong. The honor 3C does look good on paper but i don't know if I'll be able to buy it locally.
I know but I just thought that it would be very easy to find the locally but after going through the xperia l it does seem to be a worthy contender and if you can find it then you should buy it.
Therefore, +1 to the xperia l.
Also I don't know about Huawei's aftersales service and I think you should not consider it as I couldn't find out about their service network.

ashs1

Padawan
Thanks all

what exactly is the issue with multi touch and proximity and are you sure it's a software bug and not hardware related? And yes I've been using androids for a while now i know my way around unlocking bootloaders and installing roms but can you confirm that these issues are non existent on cm.

sometimes the proximity sensor stays on even after a call, which then reduces the responsiveness. :/ This & multitouch issues are definately software related as they weren't present in the earlier versions..
CM11's response has been great so far...the only issue i was aware of ( on cm ) was of GPS. & i think that has been solved too.

Top Bottom