Need an urgent graphics card under 5k

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
But nothing else will run on my system. And I don't have the money to buy a new PC at present.

who said nothing else will run on your system ? if you get a HD5570/6570/HD6670 DDr3 variant they will all run on your pc but their performance will be bottlenecke for the slow cpu but that does not mean a decent gpu can't be used later once your upgrade cpu+mobo+ram ... so get a good performing gpu so that you can use it later.

Outlander

Broken In
Then I'll get a 6670 DDR5. I'm planning to get a new PC at a later stage, and might try AMD for the first time, the A10 - 5800K. I think it has an integrated 7770, so when I buy a new PC, can I add the 6670 from the old PC so that both the integrated and the discrete card are used?

Can bottlenecking damage the graphics card?

quicky008

Technomancer
Then I'll get a 6670 DDR5. I'm planning to get a new PC at a later stage, and might try AMD for the first time, the A10 - 5800K. I think it has an integrated 7770, so when I buy a new PC, can I add the 6670 from the old PC so that both the integrated and the discrete card are used?

Can bottlenecking damage the graphics card?

No,bottlenecking will cause no damage whatsoever-it will only have an adverse effect on your system's performance while running graphically intense games and other resource hungry apps.

For instance,i had a geforce 450 gpu on my older system,that also consisted of a Pentium D 2.66 GHz cpu and 2 GB ram.Although my gpu was quite powerful,i could not run most of the newer games such as Need for Speed:the run,LA Noire,Ghost recon future soldier etc.Whenever i tried running any of these games,i experienced a high degree of stuttering and lag,which made them unplayable.However,when i upgraded to a better CPU( core I5),i could play all the games at high settings even though I was still using the same old GPU(i.e. geforce 450),which clearly proves that it was being bottle-necked by my older Pentium D CPU.

Btw,what are the games that aren't working on your current system?

Last edited:

Outlander

Broken In
My system's a P4 3.0 Ghz, 2 GB DDR2 RAM one. It can't run anything. It can run Half Life 2, but that's it. No newer games even start.

quicky008

Technomancer
that's because your onboard graphics chipset is not capable of running most new games.If you use a discrete graphics card,older games such as Assassins Creed,splinter cell conviction,Nfs undercover etc will probably work,but you'll have to run them at low/medium settings in order to get playable frame rates.

Top Bottom