Need an urgent graphics card under 5k

tkin

Back to school!!
So i checked out MD and they are indeed cheaper than flipkart.
Are they dependable though? I bought few stuff from flipkart before so i wont hesitate to order from them but i have never bought anything from MD.
Well a few of us have bought from them online, and they delivered as promised, plus the shop itself in kolkata and most of us kolkataans buy our stuff from them(I bought my entire 1.5lakh rig from them), I think you could trust them.

rst

Youngling
5670 ddr5 is better than 6670 ddr3
Don't waste extra money for 6670 ddr3
If you go for 6670 ddr5 then there is 10 % improvement

my choice is either 5670 ddr5 or 7750 ddr5

amd 7750 is the best card which require low psu i.e 400w (although in flipkart it is 450 w)
Its price is continously increasing in flipkart (from 6660 to 7247)

you can also go for gigabyte 7750 for rs 6660,GIGABYTE GV-R775OC-1GI GRAPHIC CARD

logout20

Journeyman
Don't go by Flipkart prices and search other Online shops like Smcinternational.in, mdcomputers.in, Primeabgb etc. In most of these shops, HD 6670 GDD% model is available around 5.4K
Search

thnx for links sir ji....:D

a little off topic but whats the difference between ddr3 and ddr5.

rst

Youngling
For graphic card they are written as gddr3 and gddr5 (sometime people also call them ddr3 and ddr5)
GDDR3 stands for Graphics Double Data Rate,version 3
GDDR5 stands for Graphics Double Data Rate,version 5

Their basic function is to store and tranfer data.
As GDDR5 is new version, So it transfer data faster than gddr3
This means you will get more fps with 7750 gddr5 graphic card as compare to 7750 ddr3 card

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Graphic cards can have GDDr3 or DDr3 memory both but of-course only one type if mem can be used on a single gfx card.

Outlander

Broken In
I'm also going to buy a new Gfx card, for around 5K. I've been reading posts on the forum and have read quite a few times about the CPU throttling the graphics card. My PC is an old one, a Pentium 4, 3.0 Ghz, with 2 GB DDR2 RAM on an Intel DG102GGC2 and Intex 450 W PSU. If I buy 5670 or 6670, will it go waste on my configuration? I don't have the money at present to get a new PC, maybe a year from now. I'm not a heavy gamer either.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
I'm also going to buy a new Gfx card, for around 5K. I've been reading posts on the forum and have read quite a few times about the CPU throttling the graphics card. My PC is an old one, a Pentium 4, 3.0 Ghz, with 2 GB DDR2 RAM on an Intel DG102GGC2 and Intex 450 W PSU. If I buy 5670 or 6670, will it go waste on my configuration? I don't have the money at present to get a new PC, maybe a year from now. I'm not a heavy gamer either.

Which Pentium 4 to be exact?
But your Intex450 may not power up HD7770.
It is advisable to change the PSU before changing GPU.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

look for HD6670.

Outlander

Broken In
I don't know which version of Pentium 4 I've got. Its about five years old.

So the processor won't bottleneck the graphics card? :))

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
we cant tell as long as you dont give the clock speed of your proccy..

right click on My Computer>Properties. see the proccy clock speed and tell.

tkin

Back to school!!
I don't know which version of Pentium 4 I've got. Its about five years old.

So the processor won't bottleneck the graphics card? :))
Run this tool, take screenshot of every tab and upload it, or just tell us everything it says: CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

Outlander

Broken In
I'm adding screenshots of CPU ID. So which graphics card best suits my system, which won't be bottlenecked by the processor?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 105
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 112

tkin

Back to school!!
I'm adding screenshots of CPU ID. So which graphics card best suits my system, which won't be bottlenecked by the processor?
Get a low end card, anything else will choke it do death.

Like an AMD 5670, or 6450 etc.

tkin

Back to school!!
When you say choke it to death, do you mean the graphics card can get damaged?
No :oops:

I mean any higher card will not perform very good on your system, your CPU will slow it down, not to mention your SMPS won't be able to handle it, sorry for the confusion.

Top Bottom