Need an iPhone

D

Deleted member 118788

Hi,

I need a iPhone to test website for cross browser compatibility. The only requirement of mine is to test websites in Safari. I will not touch the mobile for any other purpose. I will buy an old model for sure. I'm thinking of iPhone 4S. I'm open to buying an no warranty/used/scratches phone/grey market. Please let me know what will be a fine price and where to buy. If any Mumbaiker is interested in selling their iphone then shoot me a PM.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I'm pretty sure you can do that without needing an iPhone.

on chrome, enable developer options, press ctrl+shift+i, press Esc, go to emulation. then change the user agent to Apple iPhone 4/5 which ever you like and click Emulate.

- - - Updated - - -

and if the Emulation part is disabled (it is by default), after pressing ctrl+shift+i, click on the small gear on the right side of developer tools window and check Show 'Emulation' view in console drawer. from general tab.

Last edited:
OP
D

Deleted member 118788

I'm pretty sure you can do that without needing an iPhone.

on chrome, enable developer options, press ctrl+shift+i, press Esc, go to emulation. then change the user agent to Apple iPhone 4/5 which ever you like and click Emulate.

- - - Updated - - -

and if the Emulation part is disabled (it is by default), after pressing ctrl+shift+i, click on the small gear on the right side of developer tools window and check Show 'Emulation' view in console drawer. from general tab.

Changing User Agent won't change the rendering engine. So the feature is a gimmick. It will never reproduce what you are seeing on an iPhone. I have already tested many emulator before and used a cross browser testing service but they will never be able to reproduce the issues faced on an Original iPhone. Even the iOS Simulator is worthless. That is why I require a iPhone.

Top Bottom