Need an honest opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
[MENTION=138559]rish[/MENTION] : Oh dude, thanks for dragging this topic back to it's actual course.

Anyway, just checked the AOC, it's indeed is nice, but don't really wanna get an AOC :| (Absolutely nothing against them, just personal preference)

I have short-listed two monitors, Dell U2412M or Asus VX279H. Now if I were to choose one which one would you pick? I am leaning towards the Asus more as it's 27", but that means lower PPI and all that! Also it's a very new monitor it seems, so no review yet!

PS : Totally forget about the Korean models, I will never buy one. Also 2K resolution is not for me, my GPU ain't that strong to drive it. God knows why there's no Ezio or NEC monitors available in India :!:

rish1

Cyborg Agent
@rish : Oh dude, thanks for dragging this topic back to it's actual course.

Anyway, just checked the AOC, it's indeed is nice, but don't really wanna get an AOC (Absolutely nothing against them, just personal preference)

I have short-listed two monitors, Dell U2412M or Asus VX279H. Now if I were to choose one which one would you pick? I am leaning towards the Asus more as it's 27", but that means lower PPI and all that! Also it's a very new monitor it seems, so no review yet!

PS : Totally forget about the Korean models, I will never buy one. Also 2K resolution is not for me, my GPU ain't that strong to drive it. God knows why there's no Ezio or NEC monitors available in India

i know AOC brand is still unheard in india and i too am hesitant in buying it due to branding issue but 3D is tempting me.. :cool:

Don't buy that Dell one that is outdated this one is new model
check the review and compare it with others.. spend 1 day in reading and comparing reviews on tftcentral and you will be far more knowledgeable than anyone here and then you will be giving advice :lol:

Dell U2414H Review

also asus models are a rarity in india i don't know if you can even get them here with warranty ...
just go through tftcentral .. its like gsmarena of Monitors..

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Thanks a lot mate. That site is what I have been looking for. Where the hell were you? :p I have been reading and reading for past couple of days, and everything only made me confused!

Anyway, that particular Dell is not available for India as far as I can see. Asus moniotrs are available in Primeabgb, that particular Asus was available yetserday for 19.5k, should have got it then and there, today the price is 21k! :(

So my current monitor either have a AUO panel, or Samsung panel. If it's the former then I don't know, it's TN all right, which is below average thing, but AUO is in my Bravia W6 too, and even W8 series use the same panel too! AUO is basically a subsidiary of BenQ as far as I know.

One more thing, be it the Dell or Asus IPS panels, they are made by LG! Hmm, so AbhMkh was right about one thing, it makes sense going for a LG if I end up going for IPS. However I haven't made up my mind if I wanna go for IPS :)

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
As I said brother, two reviews don't prove anything, I have read plenty reviews saying S4, and now S5 has the best display, and even if they don't say that I would have chosen AMOLED over anything, any day. What I see with my own eyes, that's enough for me. And yes, at the end it's a personal preference indeed.

Just a glimpse from GSMArena,

Source : Samsung Galaxy S4 review: Supernova - GSMArena.com

Anyone who has been observing GSMARENA for some time will tell you that its heavily biased toward Samsung and AMOLED displays

I read A LOT of tech websites and GSMARENA seems to be the only one favouring AMOLED's, lol.

A google search of "LG G2 vs Galaxy S4 display" will also give you the following reviews.

LG G2 vs Samsung Galaxy S4 Comparison Smackdown - MobileTechReview

Samsung Galaxy S4 vs LG G2 - Opinion - Trusted Reviews

LG G2 vs Samsung Galaxy S4

Galaxy S4 vs LG G2 review | flagship smartphone comparison - PC Advisor

And so on...Almost every prestigious Tech website claims the G2's display to be "best-in-class", only amateurs and noobs who probably think that Macbook is better than PC and Skullcandy/Dr Dre beats are better than Sennheiser will have an opinion to the contrary.

NOTE: I AM GOING OFF-TOPIC ONLY BECAUSE YOU SAID THAT YOU DON'T WANT ANY FURTHER RECOMMENDATIONS ON MONITORS.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks a lot mate. That site is what I have been looking for. Where the hell were you? :p I have been reading and reading for past couple of days, and everything only made me confused!

Anyway, that particular Dell is not available for India as far as I can see. Asus moniotrs are available in Primeabgb, that particular Asus was available yetserday for 19.5k, should have got it then and there, today the price is 21k! :(

So my current monitor either have a AUO panel, or Samsung panel. If it's the former then I don't know, it's TN all right, which is below average thing, but AUO is in my Bravia W6 too, and even W8 series use the same panel too! AUO is basically a subsidiary of BenQ as far as I know.

One more thing, be it the Dell or Asus IPS panels, they are made by LG! Hmm, so AbhMkh was right about one thing, it makes sense going for a LG if I end up going for IPS. However I haven't made up my mind if I wanna go for IPS :)

Since we are discussing this topic, there is one thing you should know.The only area where a TN/VA panel fares better than an IPS panel is RESPONSE TIME. Its 2ms for VA/TN and generally 5ms for IPS panels.The difference can only be noticed in high speed FPS/Racing games otherwise everything looks identical.Due to this very reason hardcore gamers still prefer TN/VA panels..

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Anyone who has been observing GSMARENA for some time will tell you that its heavily biased toward Samsung and AMOLED displays

I read A LOT of tech websites and GSMARENA seems to be the only one favouring AMOLED's, lol.

A google search of "LG G2 vs Galaxy S4 display" will also give you the following reviews.

LG G2 vs Samsung Galaxy S4 Comparison Smackdown - MobileTechReview

Samsung Galaxy S4 vs LG G2 - Opinion - Trusted Reviews

LG G2 vs Samsung Galaxy S4

Galaxy S4 vs LG G2 review | flagship smartphone comparison - PC Advisor

And so on...Almost every prestigious Tech website claims the G2's display to be "best-in-class", only amateurs and noobs who probably think that Macbook is better than PC and Skullcandy/Dr Dre beats are better than Sennheiser will have an opinion to the contrary.

NOTE: I AM GOING OFF-TOPIC ONLY BECAUSE YOU SAID THAT YOU DON'T WANT ANY FURTHER RECOMMENDATIONS ON MONITORS.
Call me whatever you want, doesn't matter. As I said, I will personally choose AMOLED over anything (let alone IPS) any time, any day. Your opinion might vary, doesn't matter to me. Bringing the Mac / PC comparison is utterly moot here :|

And no, GSMArena is NOT biased towards Samsung or AMOLED by any means. They are the ONLY unbiased website I have ever seen. As I said I can put up a dozen reviews, again, that's not proving any points. You stay with whatever you think is best, let me stay with what I think and know is best. The day IPS panels could match anywhere near of OLED panels contrast ratio, I will start discussing it, however knowing that day will never come I won't have to bother.

Oh, just another glimpse of S5's display,

Display mate gave the Samsung Galaxy S5′s front 5.1″ panel an Excellent score, claiming its the best display they have seen. In turn Samsung display decided to elaborate how much better the flagship screen is compared to its predecessor’s.
Last year’s Galaxy S4 was praised for its display modes, some of which were among the truest representation of real life colors but the Samsung Galaxy S5 is really shaping to be something special. The Cinema screen mode has the most accurate colors Displaymate’s lab has ever tested.

Source : 삼성디스플ë*ˆì´ 블로그 :: 최ê³* ì„±ëŠ¥ì˜ ë””ìŠ¤í”Œë*ˆì´ë¥¼ ìžëž‘하는 ê°¤ëŸ*ì‹œS5

As you are 'wrongly' focused / biased towards LG, have you ever seen hdtv.co.uk ( *www.hdtvtest.co.uk/ ), show me a LG recommended over a Sony / Panasonic or even your most hatred Samsung! Those guys are considered as the DNA tester of display panels, don't know if you know that or not! LG never made quality panels, they are just an average manufacturer, God knows from where you got your stats! That goes for TV.

PS : Yeah we are dragging this matter way OFF TOPIC. Need to close this topic.

Last edited:

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Too much OT cr@p above.
In my experience only way to make a screen look better is either get one with higher ppi or greater resolution,
it gives a very visible difference else none of IPS TN things should bother you till you are doing everyday tasks.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
ips--->best colour accuracy & viewing angles.recommended for professional photo editing etc
VA based(M-PVA/S-PVA etc)--->best blacks & contrast ratios,the things which matters most while watching movies/videos.

there is no such thing as a perfect/best lcd panel for all types of tasks but one thing is for sure.both of these are better than TN for almost anything if you can afford them.between these 2 it is a matter of personal choice because human vision just like human hearing is quite subjective & something which looks good to one may not look as good to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom