Need Advice on these boards..

mikeyaxe

Broken In
Could u guys help me out...by telling me what is the difference between these motherboards...
Which one of them is better

MSI- H67-MA- E35
MSI Global - Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Mainboard, Graphics and more

Intel DH67BL-B3
Intel® Desktop Board DH67BL

Im on a very tight budget and jst need a good board tht is compatible with my Ati Raedon 6850, along with usb 3.0 and sata 6 gb/s , so finally decided on these two boards

need ur advice on which should i opt for, i dont care for the extra Pci- E slots, nor the extra Ram slots, coz i wont b running more than 8GB ram...

pls reply...asap
thanks....

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
intel mobo has esata port.it also has one optical S/PDIF out port which is useful in connecting a 5.1/7.1 speaker system with S/PDIF input by simply using one cable instead of many cables needed for analog inputs.most set top box & lcd tvs come with S/PDIF port now-a-days.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Another vote for Intel DH67BL-B3. But don't forget to update it with the latest BIOS.

OP
mikeyaxe

mikeyaxe

Broken In
Latest bios? Well is there nething wrong with the previous bios?

It wouldn't effct on the performance rite if I update it later on...

One the biggest things tht has been bothering me are people's advice on the ram!

The specs of the intel motherboard states tht the max ram speed it supports is 1333Mhz,

Why then does people advice me to buy, Gskill sniper or corsair vengance which runs on 1600MHz!!!!!! Errr

I'm damn clueless....

So finally will the Intel DH67-BL support a gskill sniper running 1600MHz? Thts my biggest question

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Buy Intel DH67BL-B3.
So finally will the Intel DH67-BL support a gskill sniper running 1600MHz?

No. It supports upto 1333MHz memory.
Buy corsair value RAM 4GB @~1.3K

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Latest bios? Well is there nething wrong with the previous bios?

It wouldn't effct on the performance rite if I update it later on...

One the biggest things tht has been bothering me are people's advice on the ram!

The specs of the intel motherboard states tht the max ram speed it supports is 1333Mhz,

Why then does people advice me to buy, Gskill sniper or corsair vengance which runs on 1600MHz!!!!!! Errr

I'm damn clueless....

So finally will the Intel DH67-BL support a gskill sniper running 1600MHz? Thts my biggest question

Updating to the latest Bios version is recommended for system stability and to avoid other possible issues with older bios version ( if it has any ) but if a particular bios version is working just fine you may skip the the Bios update.

BTW, who has suggested you to get 1600Mhz Ram with a H67 mobo ?? 1600Mhz ram is more suitable for P67/Z68 mobo users as most of them has a OCable K sku cpu and 1600Mhz ram is more suitable for Ocers ;-)

Top Bottom