Need advice on speakers under 6k

Artemis

The Last Puff
My friend is planning to buy a set of speakers under 6k. His main usage will be for Music primarily. Bass should be tight and not boomy and treble being sparkly as he listens to Rock mostly.

Please suggest a few models. He doesn't own any amp.

Thanks in advance.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
What speakers ? Stereo or 2.1? Powered or passive? Equipment he is gonna connect them to?How on earth you expect us to advice?

OP
Artemis

Artemis

The Last Puff
Sorry for the inadequate info. He'll be connecting directly to the laptop. Active Speakers and preferably 2.1. If you can find a set of 2.0 which have adequate bass response he won't mind.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
laptops are not known to output very good sound through speakers & good 2.0 speakers are best for music though you won't find any in this price range.for laptops best option is a good earphone but if speakers are must then look for any decent brand 2.1 from edifier,altec lansing or logitech.

OP
Artemis

Artemis

The Last Puff
laptops are not known to output very good sound through speakers & good 2.0 speakers are best for music though you won't find any in this price range.for laptops best option is a good earphone but if speakers are must then look for any decent brand 2.1 from edifier,altec lansing or logitech.

I need to know which one of those I should go for? Which one has similar sound to the one I described in the first post.

audiophilic

Journeyman
Sorry for the inadequate info. He'll be connecting directly to the laptop. Active Speakers and preferably 2.1. If you can find a set of 2.0 which have adequate bass response he won't mind.

Bass can be the least determinant factor when choosing speakers. Don't make this mistake. I advice you to visit a few stores to get demos on the audio products before you actually buy them.

Top Bottom