Need Advice on Lenevo Ideapad Z 500

Aakarshan

In the zone
Hi Guys after search i cam through this Laptop *www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-z5...=b_4&ref=02e8a9e8-9ec9-4a0e-9eca-be37383f9ada (Lenovo Ideapad Z500 (59-380480) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph)

But I Li'l bit confused about it that it has Nvidia 740M Graphic card which is 64 Bit.
The Site Notebookcheck.net have only the review of 128 bit card.

So i li'l bit worried about it's performance because it is 64 bit.
Will it be play the games like BF4 and CRYSIS 3 at low settings.

I Came here because i know here alot of guys have gone through this Laptop.
Which know most of things about laptop.

Another option for me is Samsung One *www.flipkart.com/samsung-np370r5e-...MDK6Y9JNHY9G8V&icmpid=reco_pp_same_computer_1 but it lacks DVD Writer and a good Battery.

So please entertain me that this Gpu can run these games because i doubt a l'il bit it's performance in games.

Thanks.

Last edited:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Hi Guys after search i cam through this Laptop Lenovo Ideapad Z500 (59-380480) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) Rs.46899 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Ideapad Z500 (59-380480) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) Dark Chocolate Online - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

But I Li'l bit confused about it that it has Nvidia 740M Graphic card which is 64 Bit.
The Site Notebookcheck.net have only the review of 128 bit card.

So i li'l bit worried about it's performance because it is 64 bit.
Will it be play the games like BF4 and CRYSIS 3 at low settings.

I Came here because i know here alot of guys have gone through this Laptop.
Which know most of things about laptop.

Another option for me is Samsung One Samsung NP370R5E-S05IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 6GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) Rs.45990 Price in India - Buy Samsung NP370R5E-S05IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 6GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) Sleek Silver Online - Samsung: Flipkart.com but it lacks DVD Writer and a good Battery.

So please entertain me that this Gpu can run these games because i doubt a l'il bit it's performance in games.

Thanks.

The competition is high. The 740m with 64 bit memory bus width will perform similar to AMD Radeon 8750 with 128 bit memory bus width. Meaning in some games the 740m (64 bit) will perform 4-5% better whereas in others the AMD one will triumph again by a mere 4-5%. This is the same kind of difference you will find in GT 755m and AMD 8850, and GTX 770m and my GT 650m SLI OC.

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Dude, beggars cannot be choosers...740m is the best gpu you can get in the 45-55k range.If you want a better gpu you have to pay more.
Also the core speed has been increased to compensate for the 64bit(128 bit has 810mhz and this has 980mhz which can go upto 1033 mhz on turbo boost)...so the performance will be just a little bit less if not the same

SunE

Professional Newbie
740m performance is almost similar to 650m. I own this laptop for the past 6 months or so. The 740m is very capable. I've played COD:Ghosts on High Settings on it and BF3 multiplayer on med-high with good FPS rates of over 40 in both cases.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
740m performance is almost similar to 650m. I own this laptop for the past 6 months or so. The 740m is very capable. I've played COD:Ghosts on High Settings on it and BF3 multiplayer on med-high with good FPS rates of over 40 in both cases.

:shock: and I can barely max out ghosts. I guess it's due to screen resolution. Also I think +135Mhz core and +1000 Mhz memory overclocking can be done on the Lenovo one which cannot be done on AMD cards so that should also improve performance if one decides to overclock, this small amount of overclock is extremely safe, I am on +290 core and +515 memory.

OP
A

Aakarshan

In the zone
Wait a sec can you give me FPS details of this Laptop on Gaming.Seems good.Do you exactly have this Laptop.
650M is much faster than 740M 128 Bit.
Is This Laptop can run games
So much questions.Pls Help me to buy this laptop.I just want to buy this for gaming.
Games Like Crysis 3 BF4 and Bf3.
What is it's full Potential.

SunE

Professional Newbie
I don't have any games on it currently as I factory reset my laptop just a few days ago. I had to because I had updated to Win 8.1 which does not allow you to connect to adhoc networks and I needed that.

But even though I don't play much games on this owing to my desktop, I've played a few games like cod mw3, cod ghosts, saints row iv, bf3, hitman absolution, ghost recon future soldier, splinter cell blacklist, ac3, gta iv, etc. and they all ran at perfectly playable frame rates on medium-high settings in most games.

Acc. to fps of games, GT740M is better than 8750M
Computer Games on Laptop Graphic Cards - NotebookCheck.net Tech

Try to get Z510 @ 50k if possible. It has an upgraded i5 4th gen & anti glare display

OP
A

Aakarshan

In the zone
Acc. to fps of games, GT740M is better than 8750M
Computer Games on Laptop Graphic Cards - NotebookCheck.net Tech

Try to get Z510 @ 50k if possible. It has an upgraded i5 4th gen & anti glare display
The 740m is 64 bit version again.
Z510 have weaker cpu than Z500 it have i5 4th gen.

Top Bottom