Need Advice. My first laptop.

ninad2012

Broken In
Hello everyone,

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
-Upto 50K.

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
-Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen.

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
-As i live in metro city like pune, all options are available. But i am not looking for any brand which compromise with quality and service.

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
-As a mechanical engineering student lives at hostel; Laptop will be used to on regular basis for programming, gaming and watching good quality movies.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
-I should be happily able to enjoy gaming and movies.

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
-This is my biggest investment of life. It took lots of effort to reach upto that budget for laptop and convince parents. So i dont want to come back and buy new one again after 2 years or so. its like; my diamond investment. Look and weight DOES NOT MATTER. Laptop hang and heat issue- NO NO. All i am looking for is, best performance and long lasting ability i.e Well known brand.

*I also want to buy good quality headphones with it ( budget 3K)

Please and thank you. :)

RON28

Cyborg Agent
check out my signature, i bought it for 48.5K...best in 50k budget...but please check out its thread also...people have been facing issues, but i didn't faced any single one...another one is Dell 15R SE which is pretty expensive. 58K...so i suggested you sammy lappy.

OP
N

ninad2012

Broken In
@RON28 How long ago you purchased this product ? I saw many people with facing issues. Product performance does not match compare to its hardware configuration.

prefer- Asus, HP, Toshiba. I am not happy with dell. They are losing there market from past few months.

Ashish247

Journeyman
I have the same mode too.. No problems so far. I've played BF3 with most settings at high or ultra with temps below 90 most of the time.. No throttling, No overheating, Great performance.. But yes some have faced problems so its upto you to decide. BTW Asus is a really good brand if you can get some good configuration.

shivang330

Broken In
I think you should go for this :

chech this out :

NP550P5C-S01IN - OVERVIEW | SAMSUNG India

New! Inspiron 15R Special Edition Laptop Details | Dell India

Laptop PCs - IdeaPad Z Series by | Lenovo | (IN)

these are best for you and i'm gonna buy one of these but i'm confuse now...:confused:

Ashish247

Journeyman
I think you should go for this :

chech this out :

NP550P5C-S01IN - OVERVIEW | SAMSUNG India

New! Inspiron 15R Special Edition Laptop Details | Dell India

Laptop PCs - IdeaPad Z Series by | Lenovo | (IN)

these are best for you and i'm gonna buy one of these but i'm confuse now...:confused:
You, my friend, are in the same state in which I was 10 days ago... :p

OP
N

ninad2012

Broken In
I am in love with ASUS K53 SM getting that one for 40K. any better alternative at that price? If not then should i go for it ?

RON28

Cyborg Agent
@RON28 How long ago you purchased this product ? I saw many people with facing issues. Product performance does not match compare to its hardware configuration.

prefer- Asus, HP, Toshiba. I am not happy with dell. They are losing there market from past few months.

i bought it two months ago...ok so i suggest you these laptops if your budget is 45k.
Samsung NP350

Dell Inspiron 15R but i think you will get only 500GB hard disk.

Asus K53 SM is good, but you won't get original OS, and if you have windows then go for Asus or else get the laptops mentioned above, i think you should wait till Diwali.

and please go for a black color samsung lappy, that pink color sucks.

nick191

Journeyman
I have the same mode too.. No problems so far. I've played BF3 with most settings at high or ultra with temps below 90 most of the time.. No throttling, No overheating, Great performance.. But yes some have faced problems so its upto you to decide. BTW Asus is a really good brand if you can get some good configuration.

How long you played game on your 550P-S01 ?

Top Bottom