Need Advice: Headphones 6k-12k

Status
Not open for further replies.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
Hi everyone!
I have a high end system with X-Fi Titanium. Is my sound card enough to drive headphones in my price range? I might occasionally connect it to my phone during bus rides in company bus (i will have a seat) or car. I don't care about portability or if quality drops due to lack of amp in mobile. I don't mind if the sound leaks and or if it lacks noise isolation. But I would prefer it.
I am planning to purchase headphones for the following in descending order of requirements,
1. Gaming with positional audio with CMSS Headphone. Mostly FPS with EAX and GTA4.
2. Metal music- Slayer, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Soundgarden, Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin, and other genres like Dr Dre.
3. Videos on comp. 20% are HD with DTS 5.1 which my soundcard can simulate surround in headphone very well. ( I tested with HD280Pro and I am satisfied.)

Please mention headphones I can find in Bangalore or else in hyderabad. I want them to be durable , so that it doesn't become useless in less than 2 years.

I have HD595 in mind. I don't know whether they are good for metal. The previous headphone I used to borrow from my friend was HD280 Pro from senn and they were terrible for metal and even worse for gaming and so I am skeptical about senn. I read in foreign forums about Grado, but I doubt its availability and price in India.

My price range is not rigid. If there is some headphone which is damn awesome but is 16k, do tell me.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@adithya, if you are seriously considering to get a headphone for 6k-12k, check Razer Barracuda 5.1 headset. This one has inbuilt soudncard and is connected through USB.

Check for Sennheiser/Grado studio grade headphones but unless you hear only to lossless audio and studio grade compositions, a 6k+ headphone is utter waste.

OP
adithyagenius

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
I have FLAC and mp3 is 320kbps. Razer Barracuda is useless for music and its built in soundcard can't handle eax hd. It has bad reviews everywhere except game sites which test with multiplayer LAN games where people are less worried about sound quality. I have sennheiser HD595 in my mind but I heard its best for everything except the genres of music I listen to. I was told Audio Technica A900 is best for my needs but its not available in India. So I am exploring other headphones which are of equal or higher quality but are available in India or if some metalhead and a gamer can confirm HD595 is good enough for gaming and metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom