Need advice for upgrading...

akhilc47

Journeyman
Amd phenome II X4 965 BE upgrade...

Hi,
Frndz...
My mobo damaged last week. Anyway i was thinking about an upgrade as my current procy is pretty old.

I need your suggestion on best upgrade possible within 15k(max.).

My current config is:

1. amd athlonx2 @2.1ghz
2. asus m2n mx mobo-now fried
3. 2 gb ddr2 667
4. 9400gt nvidia
5. 400 w iball psu

So i need new CPU,MOBO,RAM upgrade.

Please tell me the best possible options within the price mentioned.

Also please verify if they are compatible with my current configuration.

Thanks for reading.

Come on guys....
I really need your advice. I dont know much about this stuff.

Last edited:

cyn!de

Broken In
Get AMD PHENOM X4 955-6.1K
GIGABYTE MA880GM-4.9k
Gskill/Corsair 4GB 1600 MHz-1.7k
Corsair cx430v2-2.4k
Total-15.1k

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
Thanks for the reply.

I have a few more doubts.
1. Will there be any compatibility issues with the current hardwares ? I mean i have low end gpu and sound card,can i still use it? Also ddr2 memory wont fit right?

2. Can you suggest some asus alternative for mobo? I am not a fanboy or anything, but one of my friend can get me asus at low price.
3. Thank you very much again..

Cilus

laborare est orare
Here is the answers:-

1. There won't be any hardware compatibility issues. You can easily fit your old sound card and 9400 GT card on the new motherboard. And yes, you need DDR3 memory, DDR2 won't work.

2. The Gigabyte mobo is suggested here is the best motherboard on that range. It has solid build quality, 4 Ram slots with 16GB Ram support, USB 3.0 port and support for the AMD AM3+ Bulldozer processors. I don't think on that price point any ASUS mobo is available with all the features the Gigabyte board has. So go with it.

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
Thanks for the reply.

But gskill 4gb 1600mhz, is it available at 1.7k?
Also can i go for amd phenome II x4 965, is it worth the extra money and will it fit on this mobo?

Cilus

laborare est orare
The Gskill 4 GB 1600 MHz ram is available @ RS 1639 in flipkart

Flipkart: Gskill F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL: Ram

Regarding Phenom II X4 965, you can easily overclock the Phenom II 955 by 0.2 GHz to reach the Phenom II X4 965's level, even with the stock cooler. So spending extra 1K for it not justified. If you want some serious upgrade

Consider the followings
Phenom II X6 1075T @ 8.8K

Since you are actually going for a low budget upgrade, I've another suggestion for you: I think you've heard of AMD APU units where the CPU and a very powerful GPU have been fused together to provide overall better multimedia and gaming performance in not so high budget.

Here is my suggestion if you consider it as a viable solution

AMD A8 3850 Quad Core APU (2.9 GHz, 4MB L2 cache, 1866 MHz RAM speed support) @ 7.4K
Radeon HD 6550D DirectX 11 capable Integrated IGP with 400 shaders
ECS A75F-M2 Socket FM Motherboard @ 4K (*techshop.in/store/a75fm2-motherboard-buy-online-india-p-7666.html?cPath=320_21_31)
Gskill Ripjaw 4GB X 1 1600 MHz CL9 @ 1.6K
FSP SAGA II 500W 2.1K

Total 15.1K. This configuration will offer almost same CPU performance of Phenom II 955 but will offer far better GPU performance and will enable you play all the current games with decent settings.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ I think most of the people are afraid to buy BD jus because everyone is saying that BD is a disaster, not knowing the real scenario that BD actually performance a lot better than the reviewed ones in multi-threaded programs.

The suggested processor: (i.e. A8 3850) is very good & when considering its price, despite the dollar fluctuation, its more than good.

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
Thanks to everyone for your replies.
It was really helpful.

I have finalised the phenome965,ram,psu.
APU was a great suggestion but i will change my gpu within a few months.a 5k gpu with this pro will do good i hope.

One of my friend suggested me 'giga 880 gmud2h'. is it the same board? Mostly looks same.these mobo names are confusing me.
And, is buying from flipkart safe?
I have never purchased from it before.

Thanks again guys.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Thanks to everyone for your replies.
It was really helpful.

I have finalised the phenome965,ram,psu.
APU was a great suggestion but i will change my gpu within a few months.a 5k gpu with this pro will do good i hope.

congrats!!

One of my friend suggested me 'giga 880 gmud2h'. is it the same board? Mostly looks same.these mobo names are confusing me.
And, is buying from flipkart safe?
I have never purchased from it before.

No, those boards aren't same except for based on same chipset.
And for flipkart, it is good for every product. Prompt shipping. But would be too early to say anything about their PC component shipping. I guess they are good. You will get more info from any person who actually bought any PC components from flipkart.

Top Bottom