Need advice for my resume..

Status
Not open for further replies.

INS-ANI

In the zone
Experienced lot.. i need some advice to give final finish to my resume..

I need help in some key elements of my resume... i m fresher, with no work exp..?
However i have worked as sponsorship manager, Even manager, Event head, PR and presently working as Senior advisor in my college student body (whose main task is to organize events).
Do u think i can add these as my work exp?
i just wanna highlight these points.. which is the best way to go for it?
also.. i do not want to attract sales/marketing jobs.. i want a technical job with secondary requirements of sales/marketing skills.

beside.. i would love to get feedback on my resume.. particularly i would like to know its first impression on you. I have worked on it for many hours.. and would request volunteers to PM me their email address, so that i can mail my resume for your kind feedback:razz:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^^Hiii.....I'm doing BCA and will b a fresher in coming months. So can u please upload a format for resume??

I know google is there. I tried a lot but got nothing perfect for a fresher in IT field. I've done many projects in my academic life. So please suggest how to add those fields???

A resume template/format will be much better if u can.

dreams

Gracias Senor
INS-ANI
Preparing a resume for a fresher is a big task. You can add ur college role in the section extra curricular activities. It will boost ur resume and will showcase u to the recruiter as a team player. But u cant add it as a work exp. :(
Add all the projects u hv done in ur sem. This will enable u to showcase urself in the software/hardware side too. Also do mention ur team size and ur role in the team.
Keep in mind, dont fill unnecessary things in ur resume. Since u r a fresher, whatever u fill in the resume will be askd by the recruiter. So, add details, which u r well verse in and can handle any qn from it.
Note: Ur resume should not exceed 2 pages.
All the best!!!

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
@dreams thanks for reply..
earlier my resume was almost 4 pages.. which included
1) 5 out of clg trainings i have done
2)8-9 points in my extracurricular activity
3) 5 points on projects i have done/ or doing.

along with all other necessary points.
The problem with me is.. to make my resume short or to make it easy to read.
I cant omit the above training/extracurricular/project as they are my main assest in resume... and hence the size rises to 4 pages..

for proper visibility.. i had them in tabular form.. now .. i have compressed them in point form..which is not so pleasent to read.

what to do? :(

S

sandramathews01

Hello
Every week the format of resume has been change. So If you want to good resume format then you should found it on google search site. My personal advice for you is that resume must in two page and use table only for qualification. If you have experienced the you should add field named Experience.

dreams

Gracias Senor
@INS-ANI
Avoid tables, this suggestion was given by a recruiter. Use bullet points, dont add everythn. Take out the important activities and add them. Also, do not add many extra activities, this will create a negative impact. Create like this,
Intro - on why u need a job and wat wuld u do if a job is given
Edu Quali
Projects
Extras
Personal info
Disclaimer or Avowal
Signature

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
You can add ur college role in the section extra curricular activities. It will boost ur resume and will showcase u to the recruiter as a team player. But u cant add it as a work exp. :(
Correct!
Add all the projects u hv done in ur sem. This will enable u to showcase urself in the software/hardware side too. Also do mention ur team size and ur role in the team.
Keep in mind, dont fill unnecessary things in ur resume. Since u r a fresher, whatever u fill in the resume will be askd by the recruiter. So, add details, which u r well verse in and can handle any qn from it.
Correct again!!!

@dreams thanks for reply..
earlier my resume was almost 4 pages.. which included
1) 5 out of clg trainings i have done
2)8-9 points in my extracurricular activity
3) 5 points on projects i have done/ or doing.

along with all other necessary points.
The problem with me is.. to make my resume short or to make it easy to read.
I cant omit the above training/extracurricular/project as they are my main assest in resume... and hence the size rises to 4 pages..

for proper visibility.. i had them in tabular form.. now .. i have compressed them in point form..which is not so pleasent to read.

what to do? :(
First I would like to know what is ur stream of study?

Then, don't make ur CV as self describing, then you will be asked about things that are not in ur CV, I would rather advice you to make the CV short and smart.
Add points about the tasks (specially roles u executed not the responsibilities along with).
Always add those event org. tasks in ur extra curricular activities. It shows ur team building effort and leadership skills but its ur academics for which they are recruiting you, so u would also like to keep them focused on ur academics (project works and common viva topics)

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
@rhitwick
i am pursuing BE-ECE and have drafted my resume to target both hardware and software firms.

dreams

Gracias Senor
Gud. Add the event org stuffs which showcases u as a team leader. not all the stuffs. For ex, u hv co-ordinated for ur culturals frm the first yr, dont mention it for all the years. I hope u can understand wat I am trying to convey. :)
Since ur pursuing ECE, focus more on ur academics rather than extras. Have you done some computer courses? If yes, highlight them.

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
Hey all, thanks for your advice. I have started getting few good enquiries.

I just require your advice for something non-conventional stuffs in resume.
Does recruiters appreciate candidate mentioning any future skill enhancement plan?
like i am quite interested in learning chinese, and owing to time limitation now (am in final year ECE), i can't take the classes now. However, a senior advised me to read chinese history to start with.

Will recruiters appreciate me mentioning my intent to learn Chinese and as far i can imagine, my claim will stand correct if only i convince them how strong my intent is.

Will be waiting for your replies. :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hey all, thanks for your advice. I have started getting few good enquiries.
Thats good...

I just require your advice for something non-conventional stuffs in resume.
Does recruiters appreciate candidate mentioning any future skill enhancement plan?

Will recruiters appreciate me mentioning my intent to learn Chinese and as far i can imagine, my claim will stand correct if only i convince them how strong my intent is.
So, what do u want to prove by showing ur dedication on learning CHINESE??? (Answer this first, then on my next comment)

How much do u believe the politicians claiming to provide ur locality 24*7 electricity if elected or same goes for water???
Ur impression on them is as same as recruiters impression (expectation) on you. Each and everyone in this industry just makes promises (never keeps) to achieve success something. U won't be able to break this notion.

Then, where will u use chinese? Suppose a company recruits u and u never get a chance to work with chinese clients, then???

If u r interested, then learn for urself, don't expect anything in return of it.

After so much gyan, I would advice u not to mention any such claims in ur CV. Lets c what others think about it...

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
I do not want to market that i can just be good at handling chinese clients. The point i am trying to make is that english spread and survived because success of english speaking west.
China, owing to its size will surely influence the language in which we do our business.
I simply want to project that "This candidate thinks ahaed".
It may sound too far-fetched and am surely do not have the maturity and credibility to carry this claim or prove what i think.
From what my common sense tells is try my luck in mentioning this point in interview rather than CV.
But CV is a tool to get an opportunity for interview, so i was in a fix!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom