Need advice for good smartphones around 16K-17K

abhinav_bipnesh

Journeyman
I am looking for different options which I can go for in the range of 16K-17K smartphones. One of the option I am looking for is samsung galaxy quattro. I am not looking something in MicroMax or such brands.

So any other good options we can have in this range. I would prefer something in Android but WP phones can be one of the options but that will be secondary.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Right, The Galaxy Quattro has a cortex a5 processor.. which is inferior in terms of capabilities to that of Xperia L (based on A9)..
Even if it's dual core, the Xperia L still holds it's ground
Although note that in Benchmarks, Quatro may score higher exclusively because of it's CPU but in gaming, i think Xperia L will have better performance because the GPU in Quattro is Adreno 203, which is regarded as one of the weakest GPUs in the market
The Xperia L on the other hand has a adreno 305 GPU which is much better
And dont forget, the Galaxy Quattro has a 5 MP camera which cant even record 720p HD videos, (max video resolution is 480p)
whereas the Xperia L has a 8 MP camera (capable of recording 720p not FHD tho :()
Xperia L also has many other features not present in quattro like NFC, Illuminated power ring etc

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Quattro has a Quad Core Cortex A5 which is really weak compared to the Dual Core Krait in Xperia L
Also Quattro has Adreno 203 GPU that has trouble playing 720p Videos let alone 1080p lol
Xperia L has Adreno 305 which can play 1080p with ease ;)

Also read this for more info about Quattro...
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-tablets/173856-galaxy-win-issues.html

L9 vs Xperia L

I'm also considering a phone for my dad in this range & I told him to get L9 if he wants bigger screen or for smaller phone Xperia L

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
S Advance: 14k
Pros: best hardware n features within the price..perfect screen for one handed operations + amoled
Cons: It's end of NovaThor..don't expect future firmware updates beyond 4.1

Optimus L9: 16k
Pros: best hardware, features and performance under 16k
Cons: huge screen w.r.t. low resolution that means low ppi
Photography lovers don't look for this phone..

Xperia L: 18k
Pros: same as both..one of the best n latest hardware..u can definitely expect future android updates.. Good camera with HDR
Cons: No Bravia display..resolution could have been better.. That means less ppi..

satyamsit

Broken In
My budget is same within 16-17K. Considering xperia L(concerned about battery)/LG L9/ Q800/ P770. But can someone suggest me some website which provided 18 months EMI? (I found Saholic is the one, but less stock, any other sites?)

Top Bottom