Need advice for Android Phone < 15k

prasathvishnu

Broken In
Hello Friends,

I am planning to buy an Android Phone for my wife. Need your suggestions.

Currently, she is using Dell Venue Pro, which has excellent screen. But, my wife is not happy with few important things.

1. Complicated Sync of Music using Zune
2. Not able to Tether
3. Below Average Camera

What do I expect in this new Android Phone
1. Good 4" Screen (or slightly less. Weight is not big issue as she was comfortable with the heavy DVP itself)
2. One day Battery with medium usage
3. Decent (if not excellent) Camera for both Pics & Video
4. Decent speed (e.g. 1 GhZ Dual Core)
5. Front Camera for Skype Call

Thanks in advance. :)

lethalforce

Broken In
hey guys hi....

how is samsung galaxy s plus...?? its even up for a JB update by feb march next year....

please suggest....

OP
P

prasathvishnu

Broken In
What about Xperia P Battery Life? Is it so pathetic or does it last for a nightly charge?

And, what about Huwaei U8860's speed and camera quality?

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
battery of xperia p is not that pathetic as everyone shouting..u will get a day backup easily..but it is above 20k..

OP
P

prasathvishnu

Broken In
battery of xperia p is not that pathetic as everyone shouting..u will get a day backup easily..but it is above 20k..

Thanks Bhusan. Your review was the one which actually renewed my idea of getting Xperia P.

My wife's usage will be medium => 2-3 hours of music, Occasional Browsing & Gaming, 1 hour of Voice Calls, 15 mins of Skype Call.

It is okay for a nightly charge. But, she does not like to carry charger while going to office. I hope this usage will allow this. What do you say?

bhushan2k

seller warranty is useless..buy it w/o bill else get proper manufacturer warranty..yes..it will last long a day easily on the basis of your mentioned usage..do some battery saver tweakings too while screen is off or device is not in use..

OP
P

prasathvishnu

Broken In
seller warranty is useless..buy it w/o bill else get proper manufacturer warranty..yes..it will last long a day easily on the basis of your mentioned usage..do some battery saver tweakings too while screen is off or device is not in use..

Hi Bhushan,

This is the best price I could get with or without bill. I think Seller Warranty is as good as Without Bill. Isn't it? Or, did you mean something ese

bhushan2k

AFAIK, seller warranty is nothing but a software warranty..means if your OS software is somewhat not functioning then they will restore the software at service center which you too can do with flashing ROM at home...other guys can correct me if m wrong..

OP
P

prasathvishnu

Broken In
AFAIK, seller warranty is nothing but a software warranty..means if your OS software is somewhat not functioning then they will restore the software at service center which you too can do with flashing ROM at home...other guys can correct me if m wrong..

Most give only Software Warranty. Some provide Hardware Warranty too. But, however, it is useless as we have send it to them to get repaired or replaced. It will not make sense to send the phone without any guarantee.

The one benefit of buying through eBay is that you have buyer protection. At least, you can send back if something is wrong within 7 days and you will get it refunded.

BTW, I just bought it for 16k. I must thank you for your review which really inspired me and my wife to go ahead and buy it. I hope she likes it :-D

Top Bottom