Need a vfm laptop

billubakra

Conversation Architect
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD) 50-60k max

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer? 15.6" with numlock keys

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Office work mainly including web surfing+different apps. Maybe an hour or two gaming max a month & maybe some light video editing in the future. GPU, CPU won't be used to the max but maybe in the future.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ? 128gb ssd/nvme, 1tb hdd, 8gb ram, 1080p display, white backlit light (not into rgb and stuff) and a button to turn on/off airplane mode

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

Any laptop which is easier to open by a user to clean or upgrade ofcourse with a decent after sales support.

6) Anything else you would like to say?

• Even a 1080p display will suffice, maybe something like amoled (I know not possible). The bezels should be minimum.
  • Best gpu, battery backup and screen in this budget
  • If the same has adp alongside warranty then great. Also ready to pay for adp if its cheap
  • If the laptop comes with a preinstalled windows then fine, if it is with no OS then great only if its cheaper.
  • The most important thing, it should be easy to clean/update by the user. I mean some brands make it too hard to open the laptop and clean or update it.
  • Things mentioned in point 5

@whitestar_999 @TheSloth @omega44-xt @SaiyanGoku

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
*www.amazon.in/ASUS-VivoBook-15-6-inch-Integrated-KM513UA-BQ711TS/dp/B096W2CJYV/

4gb fixed ram+4gb ram stick so if want to upgrade to more ram in future then will have to take out the existing 4gb ram & obviously there will be no possibility if using dual channel ram but that is also not required for a typical user.

*www.amazon.in/gp/customer-reviews/R29HJ725Y9G8DL/ref=cm_cr_othr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B096W2CJYV

*www.amazon.in/gp/customer-reviews/R30YRNB6L8AB7/ref=cm_cr_othr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B096W2CJYV

*www.amazon.in/Acer-AV15-51-5155-i5-1155G7-Materials-Fingerprint/dp/B09MLQPYBF/

*www.amazon.in/ASUS-VivoBook-i3-1115G4-Integrated-K513EA-L313WS/dp/B09LJ4GLQY/
same ram limitation as above asus model.

If you are into gaming, I will highly recommend increasing your budget to 70k for an RTX 3050 laptop as 3050 is like 30% faster than 1650, which is a big jump.

Search for Acer Nitro 5 with R5 5600H + 3050 for under 70k or this Lenovo is another option:
*www.amazon.in/Lenovo-Ideapad-250Nits-Windows-82K201RRIN/dp/B09SKTLDK1
Will need another RAM stick to unlock full performance.

Some benchmarks for rough idea:
Screenshot (78).png
Screenshot (76).png

viv30911

Right off the assembly line
Going by your budget of max 60k as a hard stop.

I see 2 options (leaning towards HP due to refresh rate and WLED-Backlit IPS Anti-glare display)
Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5600H - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 11 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650/120 Hz) 15ACH6| 15ACH6D1| IdeaPad Gaming3 15ACH6D1 Gaming Laptop

HP Pavilion Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5600H - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 11 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650/144 Hz) 15-ec2004AX Gaming Laptop (15.6 inch, Shadow Black, 1.98 kg)

For the budget I think GTX 1650 should suffice for most requirements? It's not the best but it's decent

Oled options in this price range come from ASUS, but the configs I see are with radeon graphics
ASUS VivoBook K15 OLED (2021) Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5500U - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 11 Home) KM513UA-L502WS Thin and Light Laptop (15.6 inch, Indie Black, 1.80 kg, With MS Office)

If you want the top tier graphics card config then I would recommend @omega44-xt 's recommendation config.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
*www.amazon.in/ASUS-VivoBook-15-6-inch-Integrated-KM513UA-BQ711TS/dp/B096W2CJYV/

4gb fixed ram+4gb ram stick so if want to upgrade to more ram in future then will have to take out the existing 4gb ram & obviously there will be no possibility if using dual channel ram but that is also not required for a typical user.

*www.amazon.in/gp/customer-reviews/R29HJ725Y9G8DL/ref=cm_cr_othr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B096W2CJYV

*www.amazon.in/gp/customer-reviews/R30YRNB6L8AB7/ref=cm_cr_othr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B096W2CJYV

*www.amazon.in/Acer-AV15-51-5155-i5-1155G7-Materials-Fingerprint/dp/B09MLQPYBF/

*www.amazon.in/ASUS-VivoBook-i3-1115G4-Integrated-K513EA-L313WS/dp/B09LJ4GLQY/
same ram limitation as above asus model.
Hi Bro,

Both models are a big no because-

1. Backlit keyboard not visible properly so a big no for me.
2. Max Ram supported is 12gb, 4 fixed so max that can be attached is 8gb. I know this is okay but who knows about the future.
3. Don't really need a fingerprint.
4. The second one is good but it has no gpu

Any other models that you can recommend?

Last edited:
OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
If you are into gaming, I will highly recommend increasing your budget to 70k for an RTX 3050 laptop as 3050 is like 30% faster than 1650, which is a big jump.

Search for Acer Nitro 5 with R5 5600H + 3050 for under 70k or this Lenovo is another option:
Will need another RAM stick to unlock full performance.

Some benchmarks for rough idea:
View attachment 21412View attachment 21411
Bro gaming will be max once a month for 2 hours max. Video editing will be very light and for the same duration in a month. Please check the next post where I have tagged you.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Going by your budget of max 60k as a hard stop.

I see 2 options (leaning towards HP due to refresh rate and WLED-Backlit IPS Anti-glare display)
Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5600H - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 11 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650/120 Hz) 15ACH6| 15ACH6D1| IdeaPad Gaming3 15ACH6D1 Gaming Laptop

HP Pavilion Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5600H - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 11 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650/144 Hz) 15-ec2004AX Gaming Laptop (15.6 inch, Shadow Black, 1.98 kg)

For the budget I think GTX 1650 should suffice for most requirements? It's not the best but it's decent

Oled options in this price range come from ASUS, but the configs I see are with radeon graphics
ASUS VivoBook K15 OLED (2021) Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5500U - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 11 Home) KM513UA-L502WS Thin and Light Laptop (15.6 inch, Indie Black, 1.80 kg, With MS Office)

If you want the top tier graphics card config then I would recommend @omega44-xt 's recommendation config.
Bro gaming will be max once a month for 2 hours max. Video editing will be very light and for the same duration in a month. Please check the next post where I have tagged you.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
@whitestar_999 @omega44-xt @viv30911

My current laptop has Intel-Core i5 6200U CPU @2.30GHZ and a Nvidia 940M GPU. It is more than enough for my usage. I don't game like I used to do years ago. But yeah few hours of GTA, Mafia makes me forget the world in a month or two. I am really not interested in the new games. About the video editing, I am still learning the same and I won't do heavy video editing on this machine. The current laptop can also handle basic level video editing though. So, I would love a power efficient CPU like this U series preferably from Intel but Amd would also do and whatever GPU that I could get in this budget.

Now coming to the laptops suggested by you all, none of that has a hdd. This laptop Amazon.in comes with an Intel processor too. And the Ideapad available in the market has 240gb ssd+1tb hdd. I am not able to find that model anywhere. online The design of this laptop has curves kinda design on the sides, I am looking for a simple shaped one.

I have no interest in touchpad, rgb etc. just need the following features in the laptop-

• Even a 1080p display will suffice, maybe something like amoled (I know not possible), oled by Asus is good but it lacks other things. The bezels should be minimum. The screen should not be weird from the sides like the Lenovo one posted above
  • Best gpu, battery backup in this budget
  • If the same has adp alongside warranty then great. Also ready to pay for adp if its cheap. Lenovo is giving free 1 year adp+1 year onsite warranty
  • The most important thing, it should be easy to clean/update by the user. I mean some brands make it too hard to open the laptop and clean or update it. A laptop by hp is recommended above, personal experience they are the hardest to open up+their support sucks. I can live with the wost customer support ever but the opening up of the laptop should be easy. Also some brands solder the back side with the mobo so even for a simple ssd upgrade, one will have to reach out to the service center
  • The backlit keyboard should have white lights and it should be easily viewable

Last edited:
Few points:
  • Gaming laptops are usually the easiest to open & maintain. Acer has warranty void sticker though.
  • Ryzen 5000 has better battery life than Intel 11th gen for same specs
  • Just buy an extended warranty & ADP as required, Lenovo has 1 year ADP, Acer doesn't
  • Most multimedia laptops have just an M.2 slot + soldered RAM, so nothing to upgrade there.
That Ideapad Gaming 3 looks professional enough, Nitro 5 has red backlight KB but upgradability is better on Nitro 5 with 2 full size M.2 slots + 2.5" HDD slot from what I know. Ideapad Gaming 3 has a full M.2 slot & a small 2242 SSD slot apparently along with 2.5" slot. Might have to remove the full-size SSD to use HDD here, so Nitro 5 is easily the best for upgradeability.

*m.media-amazon.com/images/I/810uId7lHiL.jpg

Nitro 5:
Screenshot (79).jpg

Last edited:
OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Few points:
  • Gaming laptops are usually the easiest to open & maintain. Acer has warranty void sticker though.
  • Just buy an extended warranty & ADP as required, Lenovo has 1 year ADP, Acer doesn't
  • Most multimedia laptops have just an M.2 slot + soldered RAM, so nothing to upgrade there.
That Ideapad Gaming 3 looks professional enough, Nitro 5 has red backlight KB but upgradability is better on Nitro 5 with 2 full size M.2 slots + 2.5" HDD slot from what I know. Ideapad Gaming 3 has a full M.2 slot & a small 2242 SSD slot apparently along with 2.5" slot. Might have to remove the full-size SSD to use HDD here, so Nitro 5 is easily the best for upgradeability.

Nitro 5:View attachment 21417
Thanks brother. The images that you have posted, does it need to open the locks of the front part where they keyboard is, via a debit or credit card to open the back?

Can you share the links of the laptops that you are suggesting? I am only able to find the one with a ssd and not with a hdd.

This is the laptop which someone bought a couple of months back Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH05 81Y4017TIN Gaming Laptop (10th Gen Core i5/ 8GB/ 1TB 256GB SSD/ Win10 Home/ 4GB Graph) There are similar models by Lenovo minus the hdd and I am only able to find them online. Last time I checked this model was 5k expensive than the market price. This model has a twin with the ryzen processor also. As per the person who is using it, this model only has blue backlit keyboard light and the color cannot be changed.
This model is not my final choice but just asking if this is worth the money

1. Is this model easily up gradable/easy to open etc.?
2. Is the ssd used, 2.5" one?
3. Is the 1650 4gb nvidia gpu good? I know a pc gpu cannot be compared with a laptop gpu but how does this 1650 4gb gpu fare against 1060 6gb gpu?
4. It has intel i5 cpu but is it u or h or some other model?
5. From where to buy this specific model? I am looking to exchange a old laptop so looking to buy online. It will be expensive buying online but still.

Please suggest some similar/better model than this one?
If the price is lesser and if it has all or most of the features needed as per point 6 in the original post, then I can live with some lower end gpu too.

Tagging @whitestar_999 @viv30911 also

Last edited:
Thanks brother. The images that you have posted, does it need to open the locks of the front part where they keyboard is, via a debit or credit card to open the back?

Can you share the links of the laptops that you are suggesting? I am only able to find the one with a ssd and not with a hdd.

This is the laptop which someone bought a couple of months back Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH05 81Y4017TIN Gaming Laptop (10th Gen Core i5/ 8GB/ 1TB 256GB SSD/ Win10 Home/ 4GB Graph) There are similar models by Lenovo minus the hdd and I am only able to find them online. Last time I checked this model was 5k expensive than the market price. This model has a twin with the ryzen processor also. As per the person who is using it, this model only has blue backlit keyboard light and the color cannot be changed.
This model is not my final choice but just asking if this is worth the money

1. Is this model easily up gradable/easy to open etc.?
2. Is the ssd used, 2.5" one?
3. Is the 1650 4gb nvidia gpu good? I know a pc gpu cannot be compared with a laptop gpu but how does this 1650 4gb gpu fare against 1060 6gb gpu?
4. It has intel i5 cpu but is it u or h or some other model?
5. From where to buy this specific model? I am looking to exchange a old laptop so looking to buy online. It will be expensive buying online but still.

Please suggest some similar/better model than this one?
If the price is lesser and if it has all or most of the features needed as per point 6 in the original post, then I can live with some lower end gpu too.

Tagging @whitestar_999 @viv30911 also
1. Yes, refer previous point that gaming laptops are usually easiest to open. Might have to use a card though, most have some plastic locks
2. Pic shows 2282 M.2, from the 5600H + 3050 model
3. Check Jarrod's benchmark pic attached earlier. For reference, RTX 3050 comes close to desktop 1060 6GB.
4. Just read specs, should be H
5. Dude, you yourself put the link:

Acer Nitro 5 which is better IMO as mentioned earlier:
acer Nitro Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5600H - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050/144 Hz) AN515-45/AN515-45-R7Z1 Gaming Laptop Rs.99999 Price in India - Buy acer Nitro Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5600H - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050/144 Hz) AN515-45/AN515-45-R7Z1 Gaming Laptop Black Online - acer : Flipkart.com
Check locally for 5600H + 3050 model or even i5 11400H model is fine, but Ryzen will provide better battery life. I have seen both models for 68-70k.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Few points:

Nitro 5:View attachment 21417
have you bought this laptop? @omega44-xt

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
1. Yes, refer previous point that gaming laptops are usually easiest to open. Might have to use a card though, most have some plastic locks
2. Pic shows 2282 M.2, from the 5600H + 3050 model
3. Check Jarrod's benchmark pic attached earlier. For reference, RTX 3050 comes close to desktop 1060 6GB.
4. Just read specs, should be H
5. Dude, you yourself put the link:
Amazon.in

Acer Nitro 5 which is better IMO as mentioned earlier:
acer Nitro Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5600H - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050/144 Hz) AN515-45/AN515-45-R7Z1 Gaming Laptop Rs.99999 Price in India - Buy acer Nitro Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5600H - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050/144 Hz) AN515-45/AN515-45-R7Z1 Gaming Laptop Black Online - acer : Flipkart.com
Check locally for 5600H + 3050 model or even i5 11400H model is fine, but Ryzen will provide better battery life. I have seen both models for 68-70k.
Thanks you brother.
2. So it 2.5" inch?
4. Is there a laptop with the U series processor? The U series processors that I have used in the laptops so far have been great, in terms of battery life+heating
5. Bro only 1 seller and his ratings suck, any other alternative of buying the same online?

This model is not from a reputed seller but idk why they are not providing a hdd too
*www.amazon.in/Lenovo-Ideapad-Windows-Refresh-82K200X6IN

This laptop seems good too but hp laptops are not easy to upgrade, their card locks are the worst and this one has no hdd
*www.amazon.in/HP-Graphics-Flicker-Display-16-e0075AX/dp/B098QB1TPX

Bhai the acer one is not deliverable to the pincode. The budget of this particular model is also above my budget. Yes the laptops will be cheaper in local market but I want to exchange an old dell or hp laptop. It is very hard to sell laptops, olx is full of scammers and local shops won't provide decent rates. I really need the laptop asap just not able to find the one so far. Help out brother bro.

Tagging more comrades @SaiyanGoku @bssunilreddy

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
HP Pavilion Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5600H - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 11 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650/144 Hz) 15-ec2004AX Gaming Laptop Rs.70172 Price in India - Buy HP Pavilion Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5600H - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 11 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650/144 Hz) 15-ec2004AX Gaming Laptop Shadow Black Online - HP : Flipkart.com

OR

Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 Core i5 11th Gen - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650) 15IHU6 Gaming Laptop Rs.93690 Price in India - Buy Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 Core i5 11th Gen - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650) 15IHU6 Gaming Laptop Shadow Black Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

viv30911

Would not recommend going with U prefix processors
Check the legend of each prefix here
*www.howtogeek.com/223020/what-are-the-meanings-of-intel-processor-suffixes/

About the rest I can't say it better than omega has advised.

As a rule of thumb when I lock in on a laptop to purchase, I check youtube for RAM, SSD upgrade videos.
They clear out most of the doubts.

Also I've not faced issues with warranty with regards to HP, just don't take the onsite warranty. The normal walk in warranty works for me.
I have noticed recently with dell and HP they will waste your time to avoid sending an onsite engineer to fix things.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Just do some research on your own & see what works for you. @billubakra

No
Brother I am trying but not able to zero in on a laptop. I was in the market for about 2 hours today. Visited many major laptop brands showroom. None of them had the hdd+ssd combo, just ssd models everywhere. I am ready to give up on many features needed but can't give up on the hdd+ssd combo but just couldn't find a same laptop anywhere.
P.S. HP and Dell's i5 laptops with 1650 gpu and 500 gb ssd cost like above 65k+

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
HP Pavilion Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5600H - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 11 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650/144 Hz) 15-ec2004AX Gaming Laptop Rs.70172 Price in India - Buy HP Pavilion Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5600H - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 11 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650/144 Hz) 15-ec2004AX Gaming Laptop Shadow Black Online - HP : Flipkart.com

OR

Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 Core i5 11th Gen - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650) 15IHU6 Gaming Laptop Rs.93690 Price in India - Buy Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 Core i5 11th Gen - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650) 15IHU6 Gaming Laptop Shadow Black Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com
Brother I almost finalized the lenovo one that you have posted but the hdd+ssd one, this exact model

*www.smartprix.com/laptops/lenovo-ideapad-gaming-3-15imh05-81y4017tin-ppd1cs2lajph

but I am not able to find this model from a reputed seller online. In the local market none of the Lenovo showrooms have this model anymore. They have the ssd only model with the same specifications. I want a laptop with hdd+ssd combo.

Also visited the HP showroom today, their models only come with a ssd and not with a ssd+hdd combo plus had a word with their engineer all HP laptops have card locks which makes them hard to open and not very user friendly when it comes to upgrading them.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Would not recommend going with U prefix processors
Check the legend of each prefix here
*www.howtogeek.com/223020/what-are-the-meanings-of-intel-processor-suffixes/

About the rest I can't say it better than omega has advised.

As a rule of thumb when I lock in on a laptop to purchase, I check youtube for RAM, SSD upgrade videos.
They clear out most of the doubts.

Also I've not faced issues with warranty with regards to HP, just don't take the onsite warranty. The normal walk in warranty works for me.
I have noticed recently with dell and HP they will waste your time to avoid sending an onsite engineer to fix things.
Hi,
The only reason I wanted a U series processor is because it has served me well in the past and since I won't be gaming much so the gpu won't be used to its max. So, having a U series processor will help with the battery life also.

Have checked tons of videos before making a thread here. I am just not able to find a laptop with hdd+ssd combo anywhere

viv30911

Does
Brother I am trying but not able to zero in on a laptop. I was in the market for about 2 hours today. Visited many major laptop brands showroom. None of them had the hdd+ssd combo, just ssd models everywhere. I am ready to give up on many features needed but can't give up on the hdd+ssd combo but just couldn't find a same laptop anywhere.
P.S. HP and Dell's i5 laptops with 1650 gpu and 500 gb ssd cost like above 65k+
Doesn't the ASUS vivobook come with
HDD+ssd combo? along with Oled display

The Ryzen 5500U is on a weaker side but is still a hexa core processor, which features are you missing out.
*www.amd.com/en/products/apu/amd-ryzen-5-5500u

Top Bottom