Need a vfm laptop

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am ready to give up on many features needed but can't give up on the hdd+ssd combo
That's like saying I am ready to give up on fuel saving/engine efficiency if the car does not come in my favourite shade of grey. Nowadays many laptops come with 512gb ssd/option to upgrade to 512gb ssd at the time of purchase. Why do you need a hdd in laptop unless you are always going to need 1 TB of data stored with you all the time?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Does

Doesn't the ASUS vivobook come with
HDD+ssd combo? along with Oled display

The Ryzen 5500U is on a weaker side but is still a hexa core processor, which features are you missing out.
*www.amd.com/en/products/apu/amd-ryzen-5-5500u
This is my second choice after that Lenovo one
*www.flipkart.com/asus-vivobook-k15...aptop/p/itmbe79f1096e453?pid=COMG87FFPDWUZAKE
The issue for me is that by design the lid will touch the table to lift up the keyboard (don't know what is that called exactly) I have had bad experiences with laptops like this so avoiding it otherwise this one is great.

I just wish that this was being sold by a reputed seller *www.amazon.in/Lenovo-Ideapad-250Nits-Windows-82K201RRIN/dp/B09SKTLDK1

or that the price of this one was a little less acer Nitro Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5600H - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050/144 Hz) AN515-45/AN515-45-R7Z1 Gaming Laptop Rs.99999 Price in India - Buy acer Nitro Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5600H - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050/144 Hz) AN515-45/AN515-45-R7Z1 Gaming Laptop Black Online - acer : Flipkart.com

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
That's like saying I am ready to give up on fuel saving/engine efficiency if the car does not come in my favourite shade of grey. Nowadays many laptops come with 512gb ssd/option to upgrade to 512gb ssd at the time of purchase. Why do you need a hdd in laptop unless you are always going to need 1 TB of data stored with you all the time?
This bro
you are always going to need 1 TB of data stored with you all the time

Please check this post
*geek.digit.in/community/threads/need-a-vfm-laptop.211117/post-2415782

Still confused as for me this is a big purchase

viv30911

Right off the assembly line
*www.flipkart.com/asus-vivobook-k15...aptop/p/itmbe79f1096e453?pid=COMG87FFPDWUZAKE
The issue for me is that by design the lid will touch the table to lift up the keyboard (don't know what is that called exactly) I have had bad experiences with laptops like this so avoiding it otherwise this one is great.

I just wish that this was being sold by a reputed seller *www.amazon.in/Lenovo-Ideapad-250Nits-Windows-82K201RRIN/dp/B09SKTLDK1

or that the price of this one was a little less acer Nitro Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5600H - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050/144 Hz) AN515-45/AN515-45-R7Z1 Gaming Laptop Rs.99999 Price in India - Buy acer Nitro Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5600H - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050/144 Hz) AN515-45/AN515-45-R7Z1 Gaming Laptop Black Online - acer : Flipkart.com
I'm assuming you want the lenovo ideapad in the ssd+hdd combo?
You'll have to do this offline from the store.
For example: I'm from mumbai if I wanted such a custom combo I would go to lamington road and get it with the config I need, somehow they get all the parts in warranty.
I did this with one of my friends dell laptop and the new config reflected on the dell website

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I'm assuming you want the lenovo ideapad in the ssd+hdd combo?
You'll have to do this offline from the store.
For example: I'm from mumbai if I wanted such a custom combo I would go to lamington road and get it with the config I need, somehow they get all the parts in warranty.
I did this with one of my friends dell laptop and the new config reflected on the dell website
Lenovo or Asus or any brand will do bro.
Brother yesterday I spent like 2 hours in the local market. Went to Lenovo, Hp, Dell, Acer and what not. None had a laptop with hdd+sdd. As per them this laptop has also gone oos Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH05 81Y4017TIN Gaming Laptop (10th Gen Core i5/ 8GB/ 1TB 256GB SSD/ Win10 Home/ 4GB Graph)
So, this is why I am looking to purchase online

Brother I am trying but not able to zero in on a laptop. I was in the market for about 2 hours today. Visited many major laptop brands showroom. None of them had the hdd+ssd combo, just ssd models everywhere. I am ready to give up on many features needed but can't give up on the hdd+ssd combo but just couldn't find a same laptop anywhere.
P.S. HP and Dell's i5 laptops with 1650 gpu and 500 gb ssd cost like above 65k+
Its easier & cheaper for manufacturers to have just SSD installed even if the laptop has HDD support. SSD are all the rage, I mean Win10 can't even run properly from HDD anymore, so most consumers will prefer a 512GB SSD instead of 1TB HDD + 128GB SSD (almost similar cost).

Get the Asus K15 & forget about playing any heavy game. R5 5500U has a decent iGPU, can play light games (like Valorant, FIFA 22, even AoE4 at minimum settings) & 4-5 year games pretty well.

I mean, if you are fine with 30fps gaming at 768p, maybe you will be fine. Apparently, it has expandable RAM, 4GB soldered + 4GB in the slot (change this to 8GB at least as the iGPU will block 2GB RAM to be used as VRAM).
*www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-VivoBoo...ess-that-doesn-t-break-the-bank.574420.0.html

Last edited:
OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Its easier & cheaper for manufacturers to have just SSD installed even if the laptop has HDD support. SSD are all the rage, I mean Win10 can't even run properly from HDD anymore, so most consumers will prefer a 512GB SSD instead of 1TB HDD + 128GB SSD (almost similar cost).

Get the Asus K15 & forget about playing any heavy game. R5 5500U has a decent iGPU, can play light games (like Valorant, FIFA 22, even AoE4 at minimum settings) & 4-5 year games pretty well.

I mean, if you are fine with 30fps gaming at 768p, maybe you will be fine. Apparently, it has expandable RAM, 4GB soldered + 4GB in the slot (change this to 8GB at least as the iGPU will block 2GB RAM to be used as VRAM).
*www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-VivoBoo...ess-that-doesn-t-break-the-bank.574420.0.html
Bhai gaming and video editing will be very very less, like 2 to max 4 hours a month. Zeroed in on the following models- @viv30911

1. Was looking to buy this Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH05 81Y4017TIN Gaming Laptop (10th Gen Core i5/ 8GB/ 1TB 256GB SSD/ Win10 Home/ 4GB Graph) but not available from any reputed seller.

2. Found the expensive Ryzen version Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 4600H - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650/120 Hz) 15ARH05 Gaming Laptop Rs.85290 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 4600H - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650/120 Hz) 15ARH05 Gaming Laptop Onyx Black Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

• Is it worth it?
  • 2nd pic says 1 year adp also but lenovo customer support says that no adp if not purchased from their site.
  • The keys are in blue color and the backlit is also in blue color which is a big turn off :( but I guess dil ko samjana padega
  • The ram in this one is not fixed/soldered, right?
  • Is it easy to upgrade/clean and does this model have card lock?

3. This is fine as no heavy games will be played ASUS VivoBook K15 OLED (2022) Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5500U - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 11 Home) KM513UA-L502WS Thin and Light Laptop Rs.78990 Price in India - Buy ASUS VivoBook K15 OLED (2022) Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5500U - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 11 Home) KM513UA-L502WS Thin and Light Laptop Indie Black Online - ASUS : Flipkart.com I just want the system to be future ready for office work with support for good old games like GTA V and Mafia series. The biggest con in this one is the hinge which lifts up the keyboard part. Have terrible terrible experiences with laptops like this. I can live with the soldered ram in this one but not with the hinge part lifting the keyboard.

4. A great laptop acer Nitro Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5600H - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050/144 Hz) AN515-45/AN515-45-R7Z1 Gaming Laptop Rs.99999 Price in India - Buy acer Nitro Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5600H - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050/144 Hz) AN515-45/AN515-45-R7Z1 Gaming Laptop Black Online - acer : Flipkart.com with even customizable colors for each key but outta budget :(

Now coming to the biggest issue. I need to exchange one of the two old laptops that I have. Just today itself for a friend the flipkart guy came for the laptop exchange. He was exchanging his old dell laptop. The exchange value was 10400/- There was a small scratch on the side. First the flipkart guy rejected it, after many requests he decreased the exchange price to 6000/- My friend called the customer support, they said that the decision of the delivery person is final. He had to let go of the MSI laptop that he ordered because the scratch was not that much. Any heads up for this? Is Amazon more flexible in this process? Unable to find these models on Amazon :(

A stupid question, if no games are played and these high end laptops are used for normal browsing etc. then the battery life will be fine considering that the gpu is not used, right? This will be the first time that I am not using a U series processor so asking. Intel's U series processors are dope when it comes to battery life.

R5 5500U will outperform quad-core i5, even 11th gen H ones (i5 10300H will be like 1.7k in R20). It will perform close to R5 4600H as well CPU wise (4600H scores about 3.2k in Cinebench R20).

I see the Nitro 5 as OOS for my PIN in BLR. Anyways, that will be my top pick as said earlier, worth the extra money if you will use dGPU. Else get a multimedia laptop with R5 5500U.

1649730165984.png

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
R5 5500U will outperform quad-core i5, even 11th gen H ones (i5 10300H will be like 1.7k in R20). It will perform close to R5 4600H as well CPU wise (4600H scores about 3.2k in Cinebench R20).

I see the Nitro 5 as OOS for my PIN in BLR. Anyways, that will be my top pick as said earlier, worth the extra money if you will use dGPU. Else get a multimedia laptop with R5 5500U.

View attachment 21427
Bro increased my budget for the Acer Ryzen 5 laptop as it is fitting all points except the price but it is oos everywhere. Is there a model close to this one available on Amazon or Flipkart?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Check locally
Visited every major shop in the local city of different oem's, all had the only ssd models. They said that the hdd+ssd combo present online will vanish soon too. Ordered option 1 from Amazon the seller has not shipped, it seems that it will be cancelled. Now planning to order one from Flipkart but option 2 is oos for my pincode. 3 is a big no due to lift up design. Option 4 is there but super confused as the price is on the higher side, the major thing is that those high specs will never be used.
There is no ssd+hdd along with atleast 1650 gtx option till 60k?

You can add a 2.5" HDD on your own, as simple as that. Check some videos. Nitro 5 3050 model has been going out of stock fast. With new gen CPUs, it will take few months for price to stabilize, but who knows what will happen.

Acer service centre charges 500 for these tasks.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can add a 2.5" HDD on your own, as simple as that. Check some videos. Nitro 5 3050 model has been going out of stock fast. With new gen CPUs, it will take few months for price to stabilize, but who knows what will happen.

Acer service centre charges 500 for these tasks.
Never tinker with an acer laptop within warranty because they put stickers everywhere in such a manner that even opening the screws will result in some sticker being torn & result in void warranty.

I should have been more clear & mentioned something like adding it later. But yes, for my friends' service centre charged just 500. For 1 friend, the shop was the one who was managing the service centre & they didn't charge him anything extra for adding RAM as he bought the laptop from them (bought RAM online though).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I should have been more clear & mentioned something like adding it later. But yes, for my friends' service centre charged just 500. For 1 friend, the shop was the one who was managing the service centre & they didn't charge him anything extra for adding RAM as he bought the laptop from them (bought RAM online though).
Was it a tier-1 city or tier-2 as 500 charge seems a bit low?

Top Bottom