Need a Tv Tuner Card

Karan85

Broken In
I am looking to buy a tv tuner card for my PC, never used one before. Could do with some help and suggestions

Would prefer an internal card. The need is simply to watch Tv and maybe record something. FM or any other features not needed

Some details about my PC
Win 7 Ultimate 32bit
AMD II x4 635
2Gb ddr3
Biostar TA880G HD, comes with ATI HD 4250 (not looking to add to it as its working fine)

2 x PCI Slots
1 x PCI-E x1 2.0 Slot
1 x PCI-E x16 2.0 Slot
all free, not using any of them

500GB hdd
Dell In2020m (20" monitor 16:9)

There is no budget as such, but the cheaper the better, preferably around 1.5-2k
Should be getting one by the weekend

I was looking at pixelview playtv pro 4. Any reviews, does it work with win7?
any other suggestions would be appreciated
I live in Mumbai . Is lamington the best place to get it?

Thanks

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
I would be interested in one as well.
Tha pixel pro is 1k.

Off Deltapage
Watch TV on PC
Listen to FM Radio
Record TV/video into MPEG 1/2
Audio/Video input
Time-shifting
Schedule Recording
Stereo (Nicam/MTS)
ROHS ready
Vista ready
It is Vista ready so it should be ready for W7. Although a reviewer there claims there are problems with recording in W7.

Also the a/v quality is average acc to him.

ajai5777

Youngling
I have pixel view play tv pro 4.Its working fine in win 7 64bit and no problems what so ever.Recording works fine; if you have good cable connection you can record in decent quality.

Have a look at some snaps, my cable clarity isnt good though.

*i54.tinypic.com/16bbod0.jpg
*i54.tinypic.com/nnu0l1.jpg
*i51.tinypic.com/oucrpw.jpg

OP
K

Karan85

Broken In
Great.
I was looking at pixelview playtv pro4 and Avermedia Avertv Super 009

Both are around 1k.
Is setting pixelview up a problem? Did you have to download drivers for win7 or does it come with the card? does it need any extra power
Also, do I need to set up anything differently for sound or will it just use my speakers

These might be fairly stupid questions, but i've never used it before and have no idea

ajai5777

Youngling
Setting up isnt a problem just follow the manual.But I had some problems installing drivers as I use win7 64bit.No need to configure audio as it has internal audio streaming function.It doesnt need any extra power just put it in PCI slot.

OP
K

Karan85

Broken In
Could you please direct me towards the driver download page for win7 32bit

And thanks a lot for the help :)

50m for Torres is crazy btw.

ajai5777

Youngling
Prolink Microsystems Corporation

Go to downloads tab and open windows 7 support page.From there you can get the drivers.You have to download a small program for remote control with the product drivers.

* Torres thing isnt confirmed yet.Yeah 50m is too much also Drogs and torres are good when played as lone striker.We need to change the formation in order to play both.

OP
K

Karan85

Broken In
went to get a pixelview, but noone had it. Everyone kept suggesting Avermedia instead and I ended up getting that
Just over 1k. The driver cd that came with it was blank :/ Had to get the drivers online
Its working fine with Media Center

Thanks for all the help ajai5777

Top Bottom