Need a surfing phone

Budget : 3.5-4k

Brands prefered : Samsung mainly(others are also ok)
Use : Mainly for internet surfing other than standard calling n all
Other connectivity required : Bluetooth
Camera is optional

This is 4 my friend
I recomended Samsung chat322, Micromax Q7 etc..
And need ur suggestions..

Thanks in advance

utkarsh009

In the zone
motorola kingfisher ex128 has 3.2" screen which is good for surfing the net and also has a 3.2 MP camera for just around 5k. also have a look at motorola kingfisher ex115 if you want qwerty keypad. if you can extend that budget to 7.5 k you can buy nokia c5 which is a great VFM and has 3g support for fast internet. plus you also get symbian.

else you can stick with samsung chat.

Last edited:
@utkarsh009 :
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobile-monsters/132796-rate-new-motorola-kingfisher-ex128-mobile.html

Ny probs with dat ?
Are these motorola phones better than Q7 or Q75 ?
I own a Q75. It has very low memory. Not so good for browsing..
Scripting or flash pages cannot be loaded...

BTW, he cant xtend the budget that much to get C5 :-(

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if your friend can buy C5, most simple & straightforward advice is buy C5. the motorola have java operating system. means you can't do multitasking (i maybe wrong. confirm it).

pauldmps

Banned
Net surfing on the phone, right ? You need a big screen for that. Why not buy the Nokia 5233 (if 3G is not needed) or Nokia 5230 (for 3G browsing) OR Nokia 5530 (for Wifi browsing) ?

I admit that those phones are not the best in terms of other features but net-surfing would be better on them due to big screen size.

If you cannot stretch your budget that high, look for the Samsung Champ or Nokia X2 too. Forget the Micromax.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
C3 is a good choice too. BTW, is Nokia 5228 avl? its suppose to be priced lower than 5233. maybe around 5.5k.

pauldmps

Banned
I use Champ & the phone is quite a steal at its price. Opera Mini 5.1 works flawless (with its on-screen keyboard) on the phone. The phone however lacks 3G & Wifi (which cannot be asked at this price anyways). But the most important feature that it lacks is no video streaming support. Forget YouTube if you use this phone. Else it offers a big screen than other phones at this price. And the phone doesn't look as cheap as it is.

The keypad of the X2 is a nightmare.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
I use Champ & the phone is quite a steal at its price. Opera Mini 5.1 works flawless (with its on-screen keyboard) on the phone. The phone however lacks 3G & Wifi (which cannot be asked at this price anyways). But the most important feature that it lacks is no video streaming support. Forget YouTube if you use this phone. Else it offers a big screen than other phones at this price. And the phone doesn't look as cheap as it is.

The keypad of the X2 is a nightmare.

Hi paul
sorry to barge in the discussion:oops:
exactly from where did you download Opera 5.1 in the Champ?
I need to install it too

Top Bottom