Need a SSD

tkin

Back to school!!
Hi Guys, I'm currently using a WD Black 1TB for both OS and storage. But after prolonged use the disk is slowing down. Specially during boot times.

I used to follow a pattern earlier where I kept OS and Storage in two different hard disks, thereby distributing the load, helped when I did some i/o intensive stuff on one disk and there was no issues launching programs.

I want to do the same again and this time I am thinking about getting a SSD.

My requirements are:

1. Performance: I'm no performance enthusiast and would not use my SSD for benchmarking. As long as the system boots up fast and the system becomes usable soon after boot up I'll be happy.

2. Reliability: This is what is most important to me. I hate having to reload OS if the disk crashes, not to mention losing data, specially save games etc. I take backups at times but I'll rather have a reliable disk. I know that ssds do not suffer mechanical issues like hdds do but I'd read in the past that they suffer from electronic failures. Specially related to controllers(Corsair ssds afaik a long time ago). Also as far as warranty goes 3 years is good enough but I'm willing to pay a little extra to get 5 years.

3. Capacity: 120GB will be good enough for me, if they follow same rule as hdd then I guess around 110GB will be usable which is good enough for me. But I'll take 250GB if I can manage within my budget.

4. Budget: 7k, not a penny more.

Interested in : Intel, Samsung, Corsair(if they are reliable).
Not interested in: Kingston, Transcend.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Samsung EVO 840 vs Intel Performance? [Solved] - Performance - Storage

Samsung 850 Pro or Intel 730 or... [Solved] - SSD - Storage

Intel 730 Or Samsung 850 Pro? - Storage Solutions - Linus Tech Tips

Samsung SSD 850 Evo review - CNET

I don't think 730 series in available in India.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Samsung EVO 840 vs Intel Performance? [Solved] - Performance - Storage

Samsung 850 Pro or Intel 730 or... [Solved] - SSD - Storage

Intel 730 Or Samsung 850 Pro? - Storage Solutions - Linus Tech Tips

Samsung SSD 850 Evo review - CNET

I don't think 730 series in available in India.
730 looks nice but certainly out of my budget, even if it was available in India.

850 Evo looks to be the best option for me now: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD: Amazon.in: Electronics

I have one question, does Samsung India service SSD? Or do I have to send it to the seller, in that case it's out of the picture, PrimeABGB is most unreliable in terms of support.

- - - Updated - - -

Go for 850 evo. And along that the availability of intel 730 is still unknown.
I'm just interested in the service center for Samsung.

$hadow

Geek in making
If they sell anything they do provide the service. And service varies from city to city.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
730 looks nice but certainly out of my budget, even if it was available in India.

850 Evo looks to be the best option for me now: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD: Amazon.in: Electronics

I have one question, does Samsung India service SSD? Or do I have to send it to the seller, in that case it's out of the picture, PrimeABGB is most unreliable in terms of support.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just interested in the service center for Samsung.

You can ask Samsung India CC about that. :|

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
shockingly Samsung SSDs and Air conditioners are the only things worth buying from them and are generally great quality and vfm

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
shockingly Samsung SSDs and Air conditioners are the only things worth buying from them and are generally great quality and vfm

SSDs and memory cards only.

I don't trust them with ACs when Daikin, O'general, etc Japanese AC makers are there. Even carrier does a fine job.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
SSDs and memory cards only.

I don't trust them with ACs when Daikin, O'general, etc Japanese AC makers are there. Even carrier does a fine job.

your telling me? :p
My family manufactures and sells ACs
samsung ACs are best for someone on a budget

someone who can spend more,Hitachi,daikin,hualing and general are the best!!

- - - Updated - - -

sorry for OT :p :D

Top Bottom