Need a "Special" Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is a big nokia store at indira nagar. if you want i can check stores in btm layout

Thanks for the help. But problem with this particular phone is its rarity even on the internet. I can't find it even on gsmarena.com though its listed on forum.nokia.com as a valid existing model.

Best part with me going for one of these is that they are S40 5th Edition FP1 lite, while my current phone is S40 5th Edition FP1 full. These two can synchronize easily with each other with the help of PC Suite. So I can keep both my phones organized the same way with minimal effort.

I guess my purchase is now narrowed down between TWO products:

1. Nokia 2323 Classic

I searched a lot and discovered that 2320 Classic is not available anywhere. But the two share identical hardware. I am buying this phone only if I find a way to flash firmware of 2320 Classic into 2323 Classic. Is this thing possible ? Because it would be an ideal purchase for me since the phone syncs with my existing phone. Other advantages include Java MIPD 2.1 which is the latest as of now and very few phones support this and gives this a performance edge when it comes to java applications. Screen size is 128x160 but this has no difficulty running Opera Mini and surfing the net. GMail Mobile, Orkut Mobile and Google Maps work comfortably on this phone. I can also run quite a few Java Games on this which can keep me entertained. Only issue is lack of radio but hopefully I would not miss that a lot. Besides I can get a standalone radio. Price is Rs. 2100/-.

2. Nokia 6030

I found a second hand store which can sell me this phone for Rs. 1000. Speciality of that store is that they ask for either ID proof or Original Bill when accepting phones second hand. So when I asked the owner, he said he could get me a phone WITH original bill given a few days time. Unfortunately Orkut Mobile and GMail Mobile don't work on this phone. But the plus point is that Opera Mini is largely supported with only occasional out of memory errors which I can live with. And m.gmail.com and m.orkut.com are decent enough for me to not miss the application versions of the google services. Google Maps I may miss but then again, I need to make compromises for a cheap phone. This phone has Mono Radio support which means I don't need a standalone radio set. Best thing about this phone is that it looks cheap and old so ANYBODY in my college will have a hard time believing that I surf the net on it. Meaning I get to go about my activities largely unnoticed.

Obviously I prefer Option #1 over Option #2. But for that I need to know if its possible to do such a firmware flash or not. Can someone give me inputs as to what I can do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom