need a solution

vicky_l7

free as a bird
Hi guys i have unlimited bsnl dsl connection with class 2 wifi router which i keep in bridge mode to connect to net .now the problem is if i have to use same connection on my mobile or tablet i have put it the router on [FONT=tahoma, sans-serif, arial, helvetica]PPPoE mode , on which i dont get any speed at all. and i dont want to keep my pc running all the time .
is there any way i can share internet on all device without using PPPoE mode.
[/FONT]

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
speed does not depend on connection type:bridge or pppoe.most probably after changing connection to pppoe some software/service is downloading data in background(many such software/service detect net access through lan & start downloading).another reason might be someone else is using your net via wifi.i hope you are using a WPA/WPA2 wifi password.

OP
V

vicky_l7

free as a bird
the problem was with mtu , with mtu changed the router is working fine . i find the mtu my router is
supporting is 1452.do i need to add 28 to it and after adding 28 i got 1480 so do i need to put 1452
or 1480 as mtu, but when i check 1480 with pinging i get df set but data need to fragmented.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
MTU usually affects browsing only.subtract 28 from the router MTU value & then use ping -f -l MTU value site name & if it returns a successful result then your value is fine.if not then keep reducing MTU value until you get a successful return & then use that value+28 in your router.

Top Bottom