Need a smartphone under 10k for college use....

Confused_user

Journeyman
So after almost one year of dissapointments, my Micromax a57 finally gave up on voice calls. so now I'm in market for a new phone, to be bought ASAP.

So here is my preferences.....
call quality- average.

camera- don't care. would be nice if there's a secondary, but not at cost of performance/stability

sound/music player- should be good for regular train/ bus use with headphones

internet connectivity.- should be able to perform acceptably on both 3g/2g

performance- wont be playing games. But it must handle whatsapp+Facebook+2 chrome tabs at a given time and with minimal lag.

battery life- should last atleast 12-14 hours.

brand-now this probably sounds foolish.... but after Micromax, I don't want ANYTHING but reputed brands.... like Nokia, Samsung, sony, and the likes

budget- around 10k.

other- should last atleast 2-3 years.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
For android
try and extend by 3 k and buy xperia M...
Itll easily last a while..
Another option is huawei P1
For windows phone, nothing beats nokia L520 atm

Nerevarine

Incarnate
All these phones have a single core processor which doesnt have good performance per clock..
even some old snapdragon s2 based phones like Neo V will give better VFM than these..
Optimus L7 II is good but it also has an outdated cortex a5 based processor..
If you cant extend, and are happy with windows phone.. then order Lumia 520..
Or else, get Xperia M, P1 or S advance (id recommend M or P1)

OP
C

Confused_user

Journeyman
l520 seems pretty good... but the limited apply choice is what's driving me away.... and I heard the battery is horrible?

10k is the absolute maximum for me..... do I really need a dual core?

5fusion

Journeyman
^android is a big resource hogger. a dual core should atleast be considered for decent experience.

dude1

Journeyman
^android is a big resource hogger. a dual core should atleast be considered for decent experience.
SO SO TRUE...:lol:
@OP IF you can consider lenovo a reputed brand(i do:-o), get lenovo a800 phone...Its a phone with decent specs..Also L7 2 is good one..

OP
C

Confused_user

Journeyman
So would it be safe to buy xperia M right now? I mean, with the lack of reviews and everything... is sony's quality upto the mark nowadays? I really don't want to spend 12.5k on a phone to find out that the phone has call dropping problems

Anyone have any experience with recent sonys?

OP
C

Confused_user

Journeyman
when was the m released again?
Has anyone on the forum bought it yet?

And optimus l5 II doesn't allow to move apps to the sd card?

OP
C

Confused_user

Journeyman
ok.... then xperia m it is..... anyone know any shop @ kolkata that'd have the m in stock so soon?

anyone know when is the m is coming in retail stores

???/????????

Nerevarine

Incarnate
No, get it from ebay, at 12066 with cash on delivery.. Mine got delivered within only 3 days
Spend the rest on a good quality screenguard

*www.ebay.in/itm/Deal-of-Week-34-La...ones&hash=item1e7e8590d2&_uhb=1#ht_3151wt_906

Top Bottom